3.1 Family Reunion

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.1 Family Reunion

 

Sakura can’t stop looking outside the window of the airplane. She was sitting at the edge of her seat, staring out to the sky. Eunbi noticed her wife acting anxious and she reached for her arm.

“Hey, are you okay?”

The younger girl turned to look at her, “I’m not.”

“Eh?”

Eunbi sits up straight and grabbed her wife’s hands; gently caressing the back of her hand with her thumbs.

“What is it? Are you uncomfortable? We’re landing soon, in about 15 minutes.”

Sakura sighed, “It’s not that. It’s just-

“What is it, love? Tell me.”

“I’m nervous to see your mother again. She hates me.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t worry, the last time I met her in Seoul, she gave me ginseng packs to give to you. I think she has softened a lot. She likes your cooking, remember?”

Sakura let out a deep sigh and looked down. The memories came back flooding her mind.

Marrying Eunbi was not easy. It came with a whole lot of drama; it was just like the dramas she always saw on Korean TV, a scary mother, a rich family, water splashed on her face. Yes, that did happened once. She was attacked with a bowl of kimchi too. Despite all that, Eunbi insisted on marrying Sakura and it was like declaring a war with the family. However, Irene played an important role back then, as she was the one who continuously trying to convince her mother to let the couple marry, and Madam Kwon gave in in the end.

She end up throwing them a lavish wedding, even dubbed as the wedding of the year. It goes down the history as the first chaebol daughter lesbian wedding. It went viral on the internet too. Their company suddenly got the attention for being pro-lgbt, and it had attracted many foreign investors. Eunbi and Sakura’s wedding actually helped their company grow tremendously in a short amount of time. When Irene decided to marry a girl too, Madam Kwon simply says yes.

Even though the result was great, but Sakura is still afraid of her mother-in-law.

 

**

 

“Welcome back little sis and her wife!” Irene exclaimed as she saw the couple emerged from the arrival hall.

Irene Bae looked gorgeous as always, she was wearing a black pants and white T-Shirt underneath her black blazer. She waved and smiled at them, with one hand in her pants pocket. The crowd around her cannot help but stare at the statue-like woman.

“Oh hey it’s Irene-san!” Sakura called excitedly.

She ran over to Irene who was waiting with open arms. She wrapped her arms around the older woman, enveloping her in a hug.

“Aww, Irene-san, it’s been a while!” said the younger woman, in Japanese.

Irene smiled, “Yeah. Did you missed me, Saa-chan?”

Eunbi rolled her eyes, “Oh please.”

She grabbed Sakura’s arm and pulled her away from Irene, a bit forcefully. Her face was slightly flustered, from trying to act normal.

“Do you have to hug each other that long?” Eunbi asked, bitter.

Irene laughed, “Okay little sis is jealous isn’t it? Let me hug you then.”

“It’s okay-

The older sister ignored her and hug her anyway. The more Eunbi tried to resist, the more she squeezed her tightly in her arms.

“Okay, that’s enough, yah Irene Bae!”

She pushed Irene away, and the older woman was unbothered. She laughed and went for another hug instead.

“Ugh, what is wrong with you?” Eunbi grunted; she was too tired to fight the unwanted hug.

“So should I hug Sakura then? I don’t mind doing that, to be honest with you,” Irene said with a smirk.

Eunbi wrapped her arms around Irene’s shoulders, and squeeze her tight, “Don’t. You. Dare.”

Sakura cannot help but smile, looking at the two sisters hugging at the arrival hall. Who knew they would be this close after 2 years?

 

**

 

Irene drove them to the Kwon’s family mansion from the airport.

“Okay, I’ll call the house help to unload your luggage,” she said as she parked in front of their house.

Eunbi shook her head, “W-Wait, it’s not necessary. Sakura and I will be staying at a hotel. I already booked a suite.”

“Cancel your booking because you’ll be staying at the mansion for two weeks. It’s mother’s order.”

Sakura gulped, “S-So we’re staying at your family house?”

Eunbi sighed, “Irene, we can’t stay here. Sakura isn’t comfortable sleeping under one roof with mother.”

Irene shrugged, “Tell that to mother herself, if you dare.”

“Even Wendy and I have to stay at the mansion after we got married. It’s her part of the deal of letting us marry.”

Eunbi looked at her sister, shocked, “Are you serious?!”

“Do I look like I’m kidding? I’m the eldest, so I have to listen to her. She even threatened me with inheritance, it’s insane.”

“At least it’s just for 2 weeks or you both.”

 

**

 

Sakura can’t ever get used with the Kwon’s family’s scale of wealth. When she first started dating Eunbi, she had no idea who she was; she had no idea that she was not just her superior, but also one of the successor of the company.

Her wife is not the type to show her wealth either. She does not like it when people called her the silver spoon child. She had always worked hard on her own, and gaining the recognition based on her own merit. She bought a modest apartment in Tokyo and drive around a modest car too. She often forgot how rich her wife’s family was.

The house help carried their luggage to the second floor of the house. Their room was already prepared for them there. Sakura entered the room, and sat at the edge of the bed.

“Tired?” asked Eunbi.

She ruffled her wife’s hair as she passed her by and took off her coat. She sat next to Sakura and held her hand.

“Don’t worry too much. Everything will be fine.”

Sakura nodded, “It’s just two weeks, isn’t it?”

“Yes. And then we’ll be back to our little love nest in Tokyo,” said Eunbi with a smile.

“With Maruchan too,” Sakura added.

“Of course, our son, Maruchan.”

Sakura wrapped her arms around Eunbi’s waist and leaned onto her shoulders. The older girl put an arm on her shoulders and rubbed it gently. She turned sideways and kissed her wife’s forehead.

“G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter