3.6 Late Night Drinks

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.6 Late Night Drinks

 

Eunbi and Sian arrived at the seaside resort after almost an hour drive from Seoul. They met up with Juri and Hyewon at the resort’s restaurant where Hyewon was hogging the lunch buffet like it was nobody’s business. They join them for lunch before meeting with the event manager.

Sian watched Hyewon eating her plate full of grilled meat without even caring what’s happening around her.

“Is she always eating like this?” she blurted out.

Hyewon glared at her, causing the other girl to gulp.

“Just let her be. You don’t want to mess with Hyewon and her food, trust me,” said Eunbi, smiling.

Sian shrugged, “Oh well, this resort is swanky though. I thought it’d be like 3-stars hotel thing, but this is definitely 5-stars level.”

“It’s Irene Bae, I can’t even imagine her with anything less than 5-stars,” Juri chimed in.

Sian sighed, “And that kind of Gangnam lady is marrying my friend Wendy Son. Wendy is actually quite the hobo, save-the-planet type, and she hates the wealthy with her guts. I still don’t know how they manage to keep their relationship afloat.”

Eunbi looked at her friend, “They love each other. They’ll find a way to be together after all. It’s not always two people with the same personalities that matches well, sometimes opposites attracts, the differences is what each other needs to make their relationship complete.”

Juri smiled and nodded, “I have to agree on this one. My girlfriend is such a dork, and I’m much calmer but we’ve been together for 3 years now.”

Eunbi and Juri exchanged looks, smiling.

“Yena is hanging out with Sakura today, by the way. She’s so excited to play games with her,” Juri said to Eunbi.

“I know, Kkura didn’t want to tag along with me today because of that,” Eunbi replied with a chuckle.

“Oh they’re close friends?” asked Sian.

“They were roommates when they were in uni in Seoul. I was studying there too, that’s how I met Yena,” replied Juri.

Sian nodded and poked her plate with a fork, “I thought Sakura studies in Japan. I mean isn’t that was how she met Irene?”

“She studies in Tokyo for a couple of years before transferring to Seoul,” replied Eunbi casually.

“How did you met her? Sakura? You finished college a lot earlier than her for sure,” asked Sian, curious.

Eunbi smiled, “She was an intern and I was her boss. But we met even before that in a café during a snowfall where she pretends like she didn’t understand Korean. Sparks flew instantly, I fell for her at first sight. She’s ridiculously pretty and… irresistible.”

“Did you know that she was Irene’s ex?” asked Sian abruptly.

Eunbi raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, I still find it amusing that Sakura dated the both of you sisters, the wild Kwon and the classy Bae. I mean the power that Japanese girl has.”

She continued, “Aren’t you worried about your wife and her ex being under the same roof? I know it was long time ago, but they must have some unforgettable history together.”

Eunbi gasped, “What the-

Hyewon put down her fork on the table with a thud. Everyone was looking at her, and the table suddenly turned silent.

“Do you want more tea, Lee Sian?” she asked suddenly.

“What-

“This restaurant serves all kinds of drinks, there’s coffee, juices, sodas, alcoholic beverages and even tea.”

Sian rolled her eyes, “I was just asking. No need to be sarcastic with me.”

Eunbi cleared and looked at Sian, “Fine. To answer your question, I’m not worried. I trust my wife. She loves me, and only me.”

 

**

 

Irene took Wendy to a restaurant for lunch that day. She drove to her house and picked her up and drive them to the place that Wendy likes. She was trying. Wendy knew what she was doing and she followed along with her plan. She reached for the older girl’s hand when they were walking towards the restaurant, and Irene intertwined their fingers together.

Irene pulled a chair for her fiancé to sit on and ordered for them her favourite dishes.

“Baby, I’m sorry,” said Wendy suddenly.

Irene looked up at her, curious.

“My relatives came to have breakfast with our family this morning. I’m sorry I had to cancel meeting Grandpa. He must be upset,” she added.

Irene sighed, “He was a little upset but he’ll get over it. It’s okay, you have plenty chances to have breakfast with him after we’re married.”

She smiled at her fiancé.

Wendy smiled weakly back at her, “Thanks for understanding.”

They sat quietly as they ate. And then Irene reached for her glass of water to take a sip. She put down the glass and looked at her fiancé.

“I’m the one who should thank you,” she said suddenly.

“Why?”

“For putting up with me. I know I can be a bit hard headed when it comes to making decisions, and we often have a lot of different opinion on things, I mean, I never thought planning a wedding could be this hard. I just want to marry you, it’s that simple. I don’t want to lose you in the process,” Irene replied.

Wendy smiled weakly, “Do you still want to marry me?”

Irene smiled back, “Of course I do. I love you Wan.”

“We might have even more fights in the future. Maybe worse.”

Irene reached for her fiancé’s hand across the table, “But we’ll make it through, together.”

Wendy bit her lip as tears were b in her eyes.

“I still want to marry you too, baby.”

Suddenly Irene stood up and put aside the napkin on her lap on the table. She walked to Wendy and grabbed her face with one hand. The young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter