The Laundromat

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they came back from Nami Island, it was already late in the evening. Eunbi parked her car across the student's dorm and walked Sakura to her building. They were holding hands the entire time as if their palms are glued to each other.

"This is me," Sakura said as they reached in front of her block.

Eunbi sulked, "Hmm, I don't want you to go yet."

Sakura chuckled, "Unnie, I never thought you're this cute."

She moved closer and wrapped her arms around Eunbi's waist, envelopes her in a hug. She put her chin on Eunbi's shoulder. She likes it that her girlfriend is shorter than she is. Eunbi returned the hug and they stayed that way for a while.

"This is not a dream, isn’t it?" Eunbi asked.

"I don’t think so."

They looked at each other and leaned closer for another gentle kiss.

Eunbi pulled away from the kiss and looked at the younger girl, “Sakura, as much as I want to tell the world that you are my girlfriend now, I can’t. The people at the office cannot know about us. You understand this, right?”

Sakura nodded, “I know.”

“I am still your superior, and you are the intern. If they know that we are dating, they will disqualify your evaluation and accused me of being biased no matter how good you are at your job. I’d never want to see that happen to you,” Eunbi added.

Sakura nods, “It’s okay unnie, I know what I’m getting into the moment I kissed you. As long as we both know what we are, I’m okay with anything.”

Eunbi pulled Sakura closer for a tight hug, as if she didn’t want to let her go. Sakura kissed the older girl’s hair and then her cheek. Eunbi turned to face her and their lips met again.

They wished that night never ends.

 

**

 

Sakura had never been this excited on a Monday. It’s the first day of the week, and the office are filled with people who are groaning on why the weekend was so short. But she’s motivated as ever. Going to the office means that she can meet her boss girlfriend.

It is another busy day, and she only saw Eunbi passing by here and there. She was in the office for a while, and they only managed to exchange smiles. Now she is out again, going to another management meeting.

The day passed by dully, and Sakura’s motivation begin to fade. She was tasked to make 300 copies of fliers to distribute at the upcoming event. With Juri being worked to the bone in Team 1, Miss Park handed the task to Team 2.

Sakura has mastered the art of copying through the first month she’s working there. She even knows how to fix if the machine stuck and had once changed the ink cartridge by herself.

She was setting the size of the print when suddenly the door was open.

Sakura saw Eunbi peeked through the door and her eyes lit up when she saw her. She closed the door and walked to Sakura.

Sakura was so happy inside to be alone with her, but she kept her cool. They are in the workplace after all.

“Hi there Miss Kwon, is there anything you’re looking for?” she asked, all official.

Eunbi snorted, “Hmm, have you seen my girlfriend? I’m looking for her.”

“Ah, you mean that pretty intern from Team 2?”

Eunbi rolled her eyes, “Ugh enough of this, come here I want to hug you.”

She swiftly wrapped her arms around Sakura and held her tightly. Sakura was a bit startled, but she was beginning to get used to this. Eunbi is such a hugger.

“Umm, Miss Kwon, it’s still office hours, you know?”

Eunbi looked at Sakura, slightly pouting.

“Who cares, there is no CCTV in this room anyway.”

“I missed you,” the older girl added.

“We just saw each other earlier.”

“That’s not the same.”

Sakura chuckled and put her arms on Eunbi’s shoulder.

“You have a chronic condition, Miss Kwon.”

“Yeah, I’m addicted to the Cherry Blossom flower. It’s an illness.”

Sakura grinned, “Is there any way you can cure the illness then?”

Eunbi smirked, “Yes, there is.”

“What is it?”

“Just kiss me, Sakura.”

“Alright, boss.”

Sakura leaned forward and closed the gaps between their lips. Eunbi’s lips tastes like cherry today, it is her favorite lipstick flavor. She wanted to try something new so she tugs on the older girl’s lower lip and gently on it. Eunbi was obviously enjoying it; she cupped Sakura’s face and pulled her closer.

Then suddenly there were rustles on the door.

The door was open.

Park Haeyoon appeared, pissed. “Yah Kwon Eunbi, are you there?”

She saw Eunbi and Sakura standing by the copier machine.

“Miyawaki, how many times do I have to tell you that you have to make 300 copies and not 500?!” Eunbi was scolding the intern.

Sakura was staring down at the floor with her hands clasps together.

“Eunbi, is everything okay?” Haeyoon asked.

“Ah, it’s just that Sakura here make more copies than we’re supposed to. I’m just… correcting her.” Eunbi replied, her face red.

“It’s just a mistake, so don’t be too hard on her. Look at her; you are going to make her cry. It’s okay if we make extra copies, we can just distribute them all.” Haeyoon said.

“Ugh, whatever.”

“Anyway, I’m looking for you. Have you forgot that we have to visit the site? We have to go now, or we’ll be late.”

Eunbi nodded, “Okay, you’ll wait in the car and I’ll be there.”

Haeyoon left the room and closed the door.

“Where are you going?” Sakura asked Eunbi.

“Oh, we have to visit the site for the event to make sure everything is prepared. I’m not coming back to the office.”

“You’re gonna be spending the whole day with Miss Park?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay.”

“Why? Is there a problem?”

Sakura shook her head, “No, nothing. You go on ahead; you don’t want to be late. I’m going to make 500 copies of these now, instead of 300.”

“Sakura, I’m sorry but I have to go now, I’ll call you later, okay?”

Sakura only reply with a nod.

 

**

 

Takahashi Juri looked out the window of the moving bus, watching as people hustling to go their way. The time is almost 8pm, and she had just going home. It is hectic in the office these days, as they were preparing for the event, and she barely have time for herself. Sakura had already went back hours ago, and Juri thought she seems chirpy today at lunch. The younger girl seems radiant, maybe she’s in love. Who knows? She has no time to ask Sakura what is going on in her life, these days.

Great, she thought. Even Sakura had moved on and goes around dating, while she’s still stuck on what happened that day.

The bus stops. And Juri exited the bus. She looks at the dark sky and saw the white flakes slowly coming down. It’s snowing.

Juri had always liked the snow, and the romantic feels that came with it. She has the fantasy of walking together with someone while it was snowing, and just have each other’s company to keep warm. She wants to put her hand in that person’s pocket as they walk and talk about sweet nothings.

It’s gonna be Christmas soon, and she’s all alone.

She turned around to goes her way but was startled by someone familiar.

“Hi unnie!” Yena greeted cheerfully.

The younger girl was holding an umbrella above Juri’s head, to protect her from the snow.

“Yena? What are you doing here?” she asked, puzzled.

Yena smiled, “It’s late, and you’re still out here. It’s getting dark and I thought you’ll need someone to walk with you.”

Juri raised her eyebrows, “You’re worried about me?”

“Of course! You’re my favourite Japanese unnie! But don’t tell Sakura unnie.” she said, linking her arms with Juri. She drags her along and they walk together.

The distance from the bus stop to their student’s rooms are about 5 minutes by walking. But the alley could be dangerous because it’s dark and narrow.

“Why are you suddenly being nice to me today?” Juri asked.

“Hmm, I’m always nice.”

They continued to walk in silence for a minute.

“Yena.”

“Yes unnie?”

Juri took a deep breath before continuing, “If you really don’t remember what happened that night, I’ll just tell you then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter