3.2 Bridesmaids

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sakura was busy drying her hair with a towel. She was sitting in front of the mirror in the room she shared with her wife, Eunbi. It was Day 2 at Eunbi’s family house, also D-13 for Irene’s wedding.

Eunbi who had just woken up sat up on the bed. Her hair was disarray, and she pulled up the covers to cover her bare skin underneath. She squinted her eyes as she looked at Sakura who was wearing bathrobe with her wet hair.

“You’ve already took a shower, love?” she asked, lazily rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

Sakura looked at her and nodded, “Yeah. You looked so tired so I didn’t want to wake you up.”

Eunbi moved to the edge of the bed, closer to where Sakura was.

“You should have just wake me up. I want to shower with you,” Eunbi said, pouting.

Sakura’s cheeks blushed slightly and she chuckled, “Sorry baby. Maybe next time.”

“Your mother asked me to go out with her today. She’s going to buy groceries and she wanted me to come along,” Sakura added.

“Remember that we also have the bridesmaids meeting later,” Eunbi replied.

“We’ll be back before then. Mother also have a meeting with her friends later in the evening,” Sakura said.

Eunbi smiled, “She really likes you.”

“Who?”

“My mother. She’s praising you non-stop last night and now she’s taking you everywhere.”

“I know right? I kinda scares me now,” Sakura said, her eyes widen.

“Well, it’s no surprise that she likes you.”

“Why?”

Eunbi stood up, holding the piece of blanket to covers her body and walked closer to Sakura. She put one hand on Sakura’s cheek, startling the younger.

“I like you. And she’s my mother, I know that eventually she will like you too.”

Sakura chuckled, “What kind of logic is that?”

Eunbi let go of the hand that was holding the blanket and it fell to the floor, revealing her body in all its glory.

“Oops.”

Sakura gasped and she tried to look away.

“Unnie, w-what are you trying to do?”

Eunbi went on to sit on Sakura’s lap. Sakura stiffens as her wife wrapped her arms around her shoulders, with a smirk on her face. She looked at the ceiling and the window, trying not avoid the body in her lap.

Sakura panicked, she froze as her wife pressed her bare body closer, “Kwon Eunbi stop this! I-I’m going to be late. Your mother expects me to be downstairs in 20 minutes!”

Eunbi grinned, “20 minutes is more than enough. I’ll make it quick.”

“T-That’s not what I mean!”

 

**

 

Sakura was 10 minutes late, and Madam Kwon was already waited for her by the time she got downstairs. She had to apologized to her mother-in-law for being late, though the older woman said it was not a big deal. She glared at Eunbi who was peeking from the stairs before she left, and the older looked back at her with a wink.

Madam Kwon took Sakura to a regular market, much to the Japanese girl’s surprise. She was expecting her to take her to some premium supermarket considering her style and wealth, but instead they were walking through the marketplace where wet goods were lined up on each side of their path. There were smells of raw fish and poultry as soon as they entered the place.

It was a friendly neighborhood market and Madam Kwon seems to know most of the sellers there; they were greeting each other like old friends.

“This is my daughter-in-law, Sakura,” Madam Kwon introduced to the owner of the fish stall.

Sakura bowed her head, “Nice to meet you.”

The ahjumma’s face beamed as she looked at Sakura.

“Omo omo, she’s so pretty!” she gushed.

She took off her gloves and grabbed Sakura’s hand.

“Sakura, her name is as pretty as her face!”

Sakura smiled shyly, “Ah, no I’m not.”

“Not only she is pretty and well-mannered, she’s good at cooking too,” Madam Kwon added, proud.

The ahjumma laughed and grinned at Madam Kwon in envy, “Madam Kwon, You’re so lucky to have such a pretty daughter-in-law who cooks. She’s a keeper!”

Madam Kwon beamed, “She definitely is!”

Sakura can’t help but feel proud, as she’s been getting continuous praises from her. She also saw the older woman’s expression that she had never seen before; she was smiling so brightly and being friendly with everyone there. It was as if she had just discovered the other side of this fearful woman.

 

**

 

Madam Kwon brought Sakura to a restaurant for lunch. It was a small restaurant at the outskirt of the town, just nearby the marketplace. She ordered them sujebi, a dish that Sakura claimed that she had never tasted before.

“This is good, Mother!” Sakura exclaimed in delight.

Madam Kwon smiled, “Eunbi had never take you to eat sujebi before?”

Sakura shook her head, “No.”

“That girl had such limited food knowledge. Well, she can’t really cook herself.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter