Bonus Chapters

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapters

 

#1 - Fuglen Café

 

This is Eunbi’s POV before she met Sakura a year later.

 

A year later.

Seoul.

 

The Kwon family gathered for a family dinner that evening. Irene told her mother that the business is going really well, and that they might expanding to overseas. Her mother was impressed with the rapid growth that happened to the company since Irene came.

“It’s all because of you. You continue to amaze us, Joohyun,” Madam Kwon said, proud.

Irene smiled, “Well, Eunbi played important role too. She had been a great support to the company. I wouldn’t have done this without her.”

Eunbi almost choke on her food, upon hearing that. She glanced at her sister who acts like nothing happened.

“Oh really? Eunbi is finally contributing?” her mom asked.

Irene nodded, “Yes, in fact she’ll be leading the deal with Yuki in Japan.”

Eunbi looked at her sister, stunned. The Yuki project is a huge deal and her sister had been working for months for that. It was her first time hearing that she’ll be leading the negotiations in Japan.

“Wow, Eunbi. I guess I’ll be looking forward to more great things from you too!” her mother said, overjoyed.

Eunbi smiled awkwardly, “Yes, thank you, mom. Look forward to it…”

 

**

 

The sisters met at the parking lot after dinner.

“Me going to Japan to secure the deal? When did we decide on that?!” Eunbi asked, shocked.

Irene shrugged, “I decide on that. Since I’m, you know… your boss.”

“Okay boss, but why me? I can’t even speak Japanese! What the hell am I going to do in Japan?!”

The older sister rolled her eyes, “It’s not that hard to learn Japanese. You still have a month before leaving, why don’t you go to the intensive class? You’re just too lazy to learn it.”

“Hello? I’m busy as it is and you want me to take language classes?”

Irene sighed, “Okay, I’ll be frank with you.”

“What?”

“I just want you to go to Tokyo to secure the deal and also… get back with her.”

Eunbi gulped, “Wh-What are you talking about?”

“I know where she works now. I have my connections. If you hang around her workplace, you might bump into her again.”

Eunbi scoffed, “You don’t have to meddle about it. It’s my life...”

“Fine.”

“But you’re still going to Tokyo and get that deal. It’s an order.”

 

**

 

Despite her protest, Eunbi still follows along with the plan and goes to Japan. She went with 2 other staffs who are more fluent in Japanese to assist her with the meetings. But it’s a delicate deal, and it took much longer than it intends to be. What should be a week process became a month, and Eunbi was left behind to follow up on the deal.

She often spends her time walking around Tokyo, exploring the cities on her own. She stayed at a hotel in the heart of the city, so she has easy access to go anywhere. Since she’s a coffee fan, she mostly went to the various specialty cafes, trying out the different type of coffee. She likes her coffee hot, as it warms her in the middle of the winter.

Everytime she went to the new café, she always hopes to see that familiar face. Maybe she hopes to bump into her again, just like her sister said. She and Sakura hasn’t meet each other for almost a year, since the younger girl went back to Japan for graduation and also her hometown afterwards. She kept in touch with her sometimes, like liking her pictures on Instagram and leave cute comments on them. Sakura does the same, she never failed to comment on her posts, even the random ones, it really does feel like they’ve always been friends.

She’s not over her. And sometimes, it shows.

Unlike Irene who has been actively back into her blind dating scene, Eunbi prefers to stay single. She said she’s more comfortable that way. Less commitments, less problem. But the truth is her heart isn’t ready yet.

That night, she went café hunting in Shibuya. It’s called the Fuglen Tokyo. It’s a chic Scandinavian style café just walking distance from Shibuya train station. She heard a lot about the café from her Japanese acquaintances, so she’s looking forward to it. She ordered a cup of latte, hot with a little cream on top. She sat at a table near the glass wall, overlooking outside.

The night was getting colder outside, and soon the café was filled with people. Eunbi sips on her drink, and she looks out the window glass.

There were white droplets falling from the sky. It’s snowing again. The first snowfall was a week ago, and this would be the second one. It was a beautiful sight, seeing the white snowflakes falling on the busy street. It suddenly reminded her of the second snowfall last year. Coincidentally, she was also in the café back then. But it was in Seoul. That was the first time she spoke to the awkward Japanese girl, Sakura. There was a force pulling her in when she saw her that day, making her want to sit there and talk to her.

She misses her.

She missed her smiles, her awkward grin, her laughs, her playful smirk, the way she held her in her arms, the way she kisses her. She missed Sakura. She had dated a lot of people before, but none of them left a strong lingering feelings like Sakura did.

Maybe, she’s still in love with her. She’s not sure herself.

Suddenly someone pulled the chair in front of her, and sits there casually.

Her eyes widen, shocked.

“Ah!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter