2.1 Days Gone By

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I look at the evening sunset,
The day I was so relieved that I met you,
Feels like such a long time ago,
Now the sunset is just the beginning of the night.

Day6 - Days Gone By

 

 

“Come on! You guys are such cowards!” Yena complained.

She was crossing her arms as she was standing in the middle of the fun fair, huffing and grunting every now and then in protest.

Yena, Juri, Sakura and Eunbi were on the way back from a double dinner date in Hongdae on Sunday night. They had to stop by the fair because Yena was attracted to the lights from the venue, and now here they are.

Yena wanted to get on one of the ride, where it’s basically spinning around back and forth at high speed, but no one wants to get on with her. Juri’s face had turned red, having to comply with Yena’s childish demands.

“It’s not like we don’t want to get on that thing, but have you forgotten that we just had dinner?! I just don’t want to spill out my pesto pasta! It was a delicious pasta! ” she replied, slightly angry.

Yena glared at her girlfriend continued to sulk.

“Then what’s the point of going to the fun fair if you’re not getting on any of the rides?!” she continued with her tantrums.

Sakura who was obviously done with her roommate antics shrugged, “It was you who insisted to come here. You forced us to go with you.”

She had both her arms wrapped around Eunbi’s waist, hugging her from behind. The older girl seems so comfortable in her girlfriend’s embrace, and she leaned her head backwards on her shoulder.

“Yena, if you want to play, just go. We’ll wait for you here,” Eunbi said calmly.

“But unnie, it’s not fun riding that thing alone!”

Eunbi turned sideways and put one arm around Sakura’s waist, “Kkura and I aren’t getting on that thing. Well if anyone should go, it’s Juri!”

Juri glanced at the older girl who is also one of her superior at work. Eunbi was using her boss tone on her and she felt like she was left with no options. She let out a heavy sigh. She realized there is no other way out of this except to sacrificing herself.

“Fine. Yena, I’ll go.”

Yena’s eyes suddenly lit up, “Really? You will play with me? You’d do that for me, eggy?”

“I love you enough to throw up together with you,” Juri replied with a weak smile.

“Awww that’s like the sweetest thing you ever said to me!” Yena squealed.

She wrapped her arms around Juri and pecking wild kisses on her cheeks.

Juri scoffed, “I said a lot other sweet things-

“Oh stop talking, let’s go!” Yena grabbed Juri’s hand and pulled her along to the ride.

 

**

 

Sakura and Eunbi were left to some alone time as they watched their friends lining up for the ride. Eunbi linked her arms with the younger girl and leaned her head on her shoulder. Sakura gently leaned her head on Eunbi’s head.

“Who do you think will throw up first?” Sakura asked abruptly.

Eunbi laughed, “Seriously? You think they’ll throw up?”

Sakura smirked, “Let’s make a bet, unnie.”

“A bet?”

Sakura nods, “I bet it’d be Yena who’ll throw up. She always bluffs but the truth is she’s such a scaredy cat.”

“Hmm, then I’m betting on Juri. She already looks so pale even before she get on the ride.”

They both looked at each other and grinned.

“Oh yes, you’re right,” Sakura replied.

“So what do I get if I win?” Eunbi asked.

Sakura pulled Eunbi’s hand to and kissed it, “Anything you want.”

Eunbi’s lips pursed into a smile, “Hmm, what should I ask for?”

Sakura grinned, “Well, I already know what I want.”

“What is it?” Eunbi asked, curious.

Sakura smiled sheepishly and her cheeks gradually turned red.

“Wh-What erted idea is on your mind?!” Eunbi said, gently hitting her right shoulder.

Sakura pouted, “I just want naughty hands to be able to move freely when we make out, that’s all!”

Eunbi laughed, “I knew it’s something erted!”

“A bet is a bet.”

“Fine.”

The whole conversation made Eunbi felt hot even in winter. Her cheeks were warm from the images in her head so she fanned herself with her hands to cool down. Sakura cheekily helped fanning her with her hands.

Eunbi cleared , “Well, if I win, I want you to… cook something for me.”

“Cook?”

“Yena told me you’re a good cook, but you never cook for me,” Eunbi replied, pouting.

“She’s right, I’m very good at cooking.”

Sakura smiled, “I’m the best at making breakfast… in bed.”

They looked at each other blankly for a few seconds as Eunbi trying to understand what Sakura meant. And when it hits her, she smacked Sakura’s shoulder again.

“Ow! Stop using violence on your girlfriend!”

“It’s the erted thoughts again!”

“It’s just breakfast! You’re the one who thinks weirdly!”

“Why do you have to add –in bed?!”

They continue to bickers and flirts at the same time until Yena and Juri finished with their ride. To their dismay, both of them survived without throwing up.

 

**

 

“Why is it so hard for you to hit even one duck?!” Juri nagged.

“I’m trying!” Yena replied, annoyed.

“It’s not that hard, the ducks barely move!”

“It feels like hitting one of my own kind! I can’t do this!”

Juri sighed, “Please Yena, you’re not a real duck!”

The four of them are at one of the booths at the fair, and Yena is trying her luck to win Juri a teddy bear. It’s a game where the player have to shoot the moving duck figures to win. There are various types of prizes, ranging from teddy bears to the grand prize, a game console.

“Woah, they give out a PS4 as the prize!” Sakura exclaimed, excited.

“PS4?” asked Eunbi.

“Yes, the game console. It’s the same one that I play with Hyewon at her house-

Sakura paused when she noticed her girlfriend was glaring at her.

“Well, I only go there to play games…”

“If I win that thing for you, you’ll promise me that you won’t sleepover at Hyewon’s house?”

“If we do win that, we need TV to plug it-

“I have a huge TV at my apartment,” Eunbi cuts in.

“Your apartment? So I have to go to your place to play? I can sleepover too?” Sakura asked eagerly.

Eunbi was determined. The thoughts of having Sakura sleeping over at her place gave her sheer motivation.

She nodded, “I’ll win that for you.”

She paid the hefty game fee of 30k KRW to the staff and grabbed one of the toy rifle.

To win the grand prize, the player will have to shoot 20 ducks consecutively in 30 seconds. It’s not an easy feat, and many have failed before. However, Eunbi is more determined than ever. She swore that she must win that so that Sakura can stop going to Hyewon’s place and have many sleepovers at her house instead.

What Sakura didn’t know is that Eunbi is actually a trained shooter. She goes to the shooting range about twice a month with her dad as a hobby. Shooting toy ducks is as easy as breathing the air.

The older girl took her stance and aimed.

“I don’t think you can win this, young lady. Many have tried but none of them succeeded,” said the staff doubtfully.

Eunbi scoffed, “Well, that’s because they’re not Kwon Eunbi.”

Sakura grinned, “That actually sounds hot, baby.”

Eunbi smiled, wide, “I know right.”

“Okay, ladies, I’ll start the timer now. Ready?”

“As ever,” Eunbi aimed.

Sakura cannot stop feeling giddy seeing how her girlfriend working hard to win the game console. It’s two of her favorite things in one frame, her girlfriend and PS4.

Eunbi holding the rifle like a professional, with a posture that brought out her best features. Sakura couldn’t help but checking her out.

She glanced at her friends, “Guys, don’t you think my girlfriend look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter