2.3 Still

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and me,

I know the bright days have already passed,

But I still want you too bad,

For me to give up.

Day6 - Still

 

 

Eunbi marched to the third floor, she’s headed towards the Creative Director’s office. The director’s office is located just opposite the office unit for Team 3. Team 3 is quite different from Team 1 and Team 2. Their job scope caters more to the management level and even though they have a Team Leader, they often received direct orders from the Creative Director’s herself.

She tried to stay calm as she pushed the door to the floor’s office. She had to walk through Team 3’s office to get to the director’s office.

“Hi Kwon, what brings you here?” asked Mr. Lee Hongki, the Team Leader for Team 3.

Eunbi glanced at him before replying, “I’m here to see Ms. Irene, is she in?”

Hongki nodded, “Yeah, she is, what’s the rush though?”

Eunbi ignored his second question and went straight to Irene’s office.

 

**

 

Irene was sitting at her desk when Eunbi came knocking at the door. Her sister lets her in immediately, eager to meet her younger sibling.

“Are you here to visit my office? It’s bigger than yours, isn’t it?” Irene asked.

Eunbi tried to stay calm, as she had used to Irene’s narcissistic attitude for as long as she lived. Though she can’t deny the fact that Irene decorated her office well, as expected of her. The old wallpaper has been torn down and now it’s all white. The clean white walls decorated with artistic paintings that costs a house each.

“Gotta say you did the place justice. Mr. Choi used to have those green mouldy-like wallpaper there, it makes me feel like you’re in an old bathroom,” Eunbi replied.

Irene laughed. She stood up from her chair and walked towards her sister.

“But really though, what brings you here? Certainly not to talk about my office walls, right?” she asked.

She sat on the huge three-seater sofa, making herself comfortable.

“Come sit with me, sis. Would you like some coffee?” she said.

Eunbi joined her sister at the sofa and asked for some green tea instead. After a few minutes, her secretary came with a tray filled with a pot of hot green tea, 2 cups and some biscuits.

“You have to try the matcha, it’s from one of the most premium tea farm in Hokkaido,” Irene said.

Despite her annoyance, Eunbi took her cup and brought it to for a sip. It is a really good matcha. Premium indeed. Everything about Irene screams premium.

“Unnie, why did you order the intern re-shuffle?” Eunbi asked causally.

“The intern re-shuffle? Ah, that.”

“They only have about one and a half month to go, is it really necessary to assign them to different teams?” Eunbi added.

Irene nods, “Well, they are interns, and they should be able to use their talent during the three months here. Experiencing various working environment is a good learning experience for them. Would add bonus to their resume too.”

Eunbi kept mum. Well, she has a point.

“Why? Do you have anything against the re-shuffle? Is that why you came to see me?” the older sister asked.

Eunbi cleared , “It’s just that the intern from my office, Team 2, she’s been working on a project and asking her to leave would be quite an inconvenience to the work flow.”

“Oh, Sakura?” Irene asked abruptly.

There was some fondness in Irene’s tone as she says Sakura’s name, and Eunbi didn’t like it.

“Sakura has great talent in the design field, and joining Team 3 would really help her unlock her full potential,” Irene continued before taking another sip from her cup.

Eunbi didn’t like the way it sounded, at all.

“Are you saying that staying in Team 2 is a waste of her potential?” she asked, slightly bitter.

“I didn’t say that, you did.”

“What-

Irene cuts in, “I’ve seen her reports for the past months and basically all she did was making copies and buy coffee, she was never assigned on any real design work. I’ll make sure she does real designer work here, in Team 3.”

Eunbi refutes, “She did some design work too! She was the one who worked on the scarves, and our client was very satisfied with it!”

“That was only one time, and I heard it was mostly you who did the job,” Irene replied, nonchalant.

“Sakura is learning a lot in Team 2, and she’s doing a good job so far, there is no reason for her to switch teams now!”

Irene scoffed, “What is Sakura to you that you refuse to let her go?”

Eunbi gulped, “Well, she’s… my intern.”

Irene sighed, “I didn’t know if you know this, but I was her professor for 2 straight years. She was one of my brightest student, along with Takahashi. I just want both of them to benefit most from their internship, that’s all. I guess it’s just an occupational disease. I can’t stop caring for my students.”

Eunbi looked at her sister who suddenly changed her tone and became a lot calmer. It was as if she was teasing her all along.

“I’m sorry if I offended you in anyway, baby sis. It wasn’t my intention,” she added sweetly.

Eunbi gave up.

There is no way she could win against Irene.

As always, she always lose.

 

**

 

It’s Sakura’s last day at Team 2.

Sakura was packing her things from her desk into the boxes. She has to move to her new desk in Team 3 office in level 3 by today. Juri will be taking her desk starting tomorrow.

Hyewon was looking at her, with a grumpy face.

“I still can’t believe they move you to another team,” she said with her arms crossed.

Sakura smiled weakly, “Well, I think you will like Juri. You can speak Japanese with her too.”

Hyewon shook her head, “It’s not the same. She’s not you.”

Sakura sighed, “Oh come on, I don’t want to move either but I don’t have a choice.”

“Just don’t forget about your friends here in level 2. Who knows you might become a different person once you mingle with your new friends and the top bosses there,” Hyewon added bitterly.

“That’s not gonna happen. I’m still me, that’s ridiculous to even say, Kang-chan.”

“We can still play PS4 together, right?” Hyewon asked.

Sakura chuckled, “Of course! You’re still my friend!”

At that time Eunbi was walking by them, and she stopped by Sakura’s desk.

“Sakura, come see me in the office,” she ordered, short.

 

**

 

“Don’t look at other people, don’t even smile at them,” Eunbi said, sulking.

She was sitting at her desk, while Sakura was standing across the desk like a model employee.

“Don’t laugh as well, because you’re too beautiful when you laugh and they will all fall for you,” Eunbi added.

Sakura cackled, “How am I supposed to work if I don’t look at them? And if I don’t smile, people will think I’m arrogant.”

“Let them think you’re arrogant so that those people in level 3 won’t try to get close to you,” Eunbi replied.

Suddenly she creased her eyebrows, seemingly distressed.

“But, even your arrogant face is too attractive, oh my god what am I supposed to do?”

Sakura laughed, “Ms. Kwon you’re overthinking.”

Eunbi pressed her temples, and pouted her lips.

“Why is my girlfriend too attractive? I’m so worried they all will try to woo you and then you will find someone else and leave me.”

Sakura walked to her stressed out girlfriend and gently patted her head. The older girl looked up and their gaze met. Sakura cupped Eunbi’s face and caressed her cheeks lovingly.

“Baby, you know I only care abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter