3.8 Cold Shoulder

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.8 Cold Shoulder

 

“Why is there a lipstick stain at your collar?” asked Sakura, her tone firm.

Eunbi gasped, “L-Lipstick? On me??”

Sakura stood up, and looked down at her wife, her face fuming red.

“What were you doing with Sian today, huh?”

Eunbi pulled her collar to check if there really was a lipstick stain on her. She almost pulled off her shirt to look at her collar, and then she saw it, it was half lips on her white shirt. She shuddered. She slowly turned to look at her wife, who was staring at her furiously. She knows how scary her wife could be if she’s jealous.

She’s scared now.

“Baby listen, I-I have no idea how it got on me-

“Get out of here,” Sakura said.

Eunbi gulped, “I hugged her before leaving, maybe that’s how it got on-

“I said get out.”

Eunbi looked at her wife, who was gritting her teeth, trying hard not to lose her temper. She knows that Sakura was holding herself back from screaming at her, like she always does when she’s angry if they’re alone. But they’re at her parents’ house. Sakura still tries to control herself and Eunbi really appreciate that.

The younger girl continued, “Get out or I’ll be the one who leave. I can’t even look at you right now.”

Eunbi nods, “Okay baby, I’ll go. Calm down and we’ll talk in the morning, alright? I’ll tell you anything you want to know.”

Sakura looked away, with tears streaming down her face. Eunbi wanted to hold her but she knows better to give her space for now. She turned around and leave the room, shutting the door behind her.

 

**

 

Eunbi cursed herself under her breath repeatedly. She looked at the lipstick stain again and grunted in frustration. How the hell did she got the stain? She remembered hugging Sian on her bed, and they were holding each other for quite a while. Sian must’ve accidentally left the stain on her then.

She walked helplessly in the hallway, where it was quiet. It was late and she hasn’t washed yet. She was still wearing the clothes she wore all day.

“Why are you out here?” asked a voice.

Eunbi turned around and saw her sister, looking at her, amused. She sighed.

Irene snorted, “Wait, did you get kicked out of the room?”

Eunbi rolled her eyes and walked to her sister’s room, she pushed the door and entered it, ignoring the teasing laughter behind her.

“Gosh, what did you do? I never thought you’d get kicked out! Aren’t you guys always all over each other?” Irene said, still laughing as she joined her sister into her room.

Looks like the sisters are going to have a sleepover that night, courtesy of Sakura.

 

**

 

Eunbi told Irene what happened that made Sakura angry at her, and the older sister decided not to anymore. She let her sister use her bathroom and borrow her clothes the next morning, hoping that their mother didn’t realize that the couple had been fighting.

Sakura was still avoiding Eunbi the whole morning during breakfast, but she tried her best not to make it obvious in front of her in-laws.

They were going to the food tasting with Irene and the rest of the bridesmaids, and they took separate cars. Irene was going to pick up her fiancé on the way to the venue and asked them to gather there first.

Eunbi took the wheel and Sakura sat in the passenger’s seat quietly the whole drive. The older girl keeps glancing at her wife, who was obviously avoiding her eye contact and continues to look out of the window.

“Kkura-ya, can we talk about it now?” Eunbi asked, her voice gentle.

Sakura kept mum.

“Baby, I’m really sorry but I don’t know how the lipstick get there. Sian must’ve smudged her lips there when I hugged her. It was a really short hug; it doesn’t even mean anything to me.”

Sakura scoffed but she didn’t say anything.

Eunbi was getting frustrated, “Oh come on Kkura, don’t do this to me. I didn’t even do anything wrong. It’s not like I cheated on you. This jealousy is so unnecessary.”

The younger girl turned her head and looked at her wife. Eunbi met her gaze and gulped. She looked so intense, and angry.

“You’re saying that I’m too jealous? So this is all me overreacting?” asked Sakura.

“That’s not what I mean-

“Do you have any idea how much I refrain myself, not to get jealous of you and Sian? How much it hurts me but I pretend to be fine because you’ll think it’s childish of me?”

Eunbi gulped.

“You meet up with your ex-girlfriend behind my back, and went out on lunch dates in Japan without telling me, and I take that, okay, fine. And then she’s clinging to you this whole trip, and I take that too, maybe you’re just catching up with your old friend. But lipstick stain?”

“How the hell am I supposed to take that calmly? Tell me how!”

“B-But she’s just a friend to me, it’s not a big deal, Kkura.”

Sakura scoffed, “You lost your ity to her! Now tell me how is that is not a big deal?!”

Eunbi huffed and shook her head, “Gosh, it was in the past. Why are you bringing that up now? You dated my sister and you slept with her too! We all have history, but that’s all in the past!”

Sakura gasped.

She continued, “We’re married for god’s sake. We’re legally bind together, and I’m yours. I also only have you now, Sakura. I don’t care about anyone else.”

They’ve arrived at the hotel. Eunbi parked her car but they both hasn’t left the car yet. Sakura leaned her back on the seat, trying to swallow back her emotions. She didn’t want to cry. Eunbi was also trying hard to keep her cool. She felt like she has spoken a little too much. Maybe the part about Irene was unnecessary, and now she’s regretting her words.

She reached her hand to her wife, trying to touch her but the latter quickly pulled away. She froze, as Sakura opened the door and slammed it behind her, leaving Eunbi alone.

 

**

 

The whole bridesmaids troupe had gathered in the hotel’s restaurant, along with the couple. Sakura walked first and she arrived before Eunbi. She smiled casually at her friends and her eyes met Sian briefly. She can’t help but glared at her before went to sit next to Hyewon. Sian snorted.

“Where’s Eunbi?” asked Irene.

“She went to park the car,” Sakura replied, short.

Minutes later Eunbi also arrived, her eyes were a bit puffy but she smiled brightly at everyone. The seat next to Sakura was filled so she sat next to the Sian. She glanced at her wife but the younger girl avoided her gaze.

She cleared and glanced at Sian, “Are you okay now? Did you take the meds?”

Sian nodded, “Oh, I’m good now. Thanks Eun. The medicine you bought for me works. I was worried I can’t go to the party this weekend.”

Eunbi smiled weakly, “Good to know. We need you at the party.”

Wendy nodded, “True. It ain’t a party without Sian. Thanks Eunbi for taking care of her. I had no idea that she was sick.”

Sian grinned and put an arm around Eunbi’s shoulder and pressed her cheek to hers playfully.

“Thank you Eun. I love you.”

Eunbi laughed awkwardly and pushed her away with one hand, worried of her wife’s reaction. She glanced at Sakura, and noticed that the younger girl was looking at them with an intense expression. She was obvio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter