The Day it Snowed

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wished I could disappear at that moment.

The way she looked at me is something I’ll never forget. And what she said next simply crushed me into pieces.

“Sakura-chan, I could never,” she said, as she looked at her, eyes wide.

“I have never thought of you more than a.. younger sister.”

“I’m sorry if I ever made you misunderstood.”

“Plus I am.. not like ‘that’.”

The older girl stared at her, her face was filled with mixed emotions. Shocked, uncomfortable and disgust.

Yes, she was staring at me with disgust.

Sakura looked at her, as tears were b in her eyes, and could overflow any second. It was the day she’ll never forget, the day her heart was broken into pieces by the person she respected, and also the first person she ever loved.

Irene.

 

**

 

When Sakura opened her room's door that evening, she was greeted by a silhouette of a person holding something long in their hands.

"Ahhhh nani!"

"Unnie.." a voice said.

Sakura quickly the lights.

“Yena! What the hell! I thought you were a burglar with a long and thick knife!” she muttered in Japanese.

"Unnie, watashi wa dinna o tsukutta," Yena said, holding a suspicious thing wrapped in tin foil.

"What is that thing?" asked Sakura, in Japanese.

"Kimbap desu, "Yena replied as she hand over the thing to Sakura.

It was a green rolled thing and long, uncut.

"How is this a kimbap?" she quickly switched to Korean.

Yena was watching her, grinning.

"I made it myself, filled with Ai and Gomen'nasai."

"I'm sorry I looked at your phone, even though it was out in the open to see. Well, watashi Gomen'nasai."

"The kimbap is not cut though."

"It is how you eat it! Just eat it straight from the roll!"

Sakura looked at her, doubtful.

"Ahhh did you know my parents used to sell kimbap? Im kinda like a kimbap prodigy. Don't let the visual deceives you, it tastes good!"

Sakura smiled, "Jinjja?"

Yena's face lit up, "Omo you smiled!"

"You have forgave me."

"I never said I did."

Yena open her arms wide and suddenly wrapped Sakura in a hug.

"Yes unnie, you do love me."

"You love me so much you can’t help but to forgive me." she added, as she hugged her tighter.

Sakura laughed, "Okay, but just the kimbap won't do."

"Anything you need, unnie."

"I need ramyun too."

 

**

 

“I really hope RMR Designs pick us. They are one of the biggest design company in South Korea,” said Juri to Sakura as they were walking back from meeting their professor at the campus.

Sakura nodded, “Yeah, me too. We’ve submitted our resumes, so let’s hope they’ll call us for the internship interview.”

“I heard some companies even took in the interns straight after they graduated. If they like us enough, we can actually live in Korea with a stable job waiting! I mean, it’s hard to land a job anywhere, even in Tokyo. I actually like Korea enough to live here,” Juri added, excited.

“I’m going to Yellow café, do you want to come? I could use some caffeine right now.”

“Umm no.”

“Is it because of Yena? You two really have to resolve your problems quickly; gosh I’m so tired being stuck in between.”

“There is no problem.”

Sakura sighed, “Oh come on, Juri.”

 

“Well, she’s just annoying.”

 

**

 

Sakura cancelled her plan to visit the café since Juri didn’t want to go along with her. She was still a bit phobia of going there on her own, as she might bump into that person again. That strawberry scented person with a pretty smile. She might make a fool of herself again.

As she was walking back to the student dorms, suddenly there was something white dropped on the tip of her nose. She touched it gently, and it was cold. She stopped in her tracks and looked up in the sky. There were countless of white flakes slowly falling from the sky. It was snowing. It was a beautiful sight, but it was too cold to keep on standing there. The snowdrops were getting bigger and heavier. She ran towards the nearest shop she could find, and it was, Yellow café.

The bell dings as she pushed the door to enter the café. The place was more crowded than usual that day. Maybe it was the snow, or the fact that it was Saturday. Sakura glanced around to look for a place to sit, and luckily, she found an empty table. It was probably recently vacant, since there were still coffee stains and cookie crumbs left on the wooden table. She did not mind, she plops down on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter