The Girl Who Smells Like Strawberries

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyawaki Sakura has never felt so nervous while lining up for coffee before. Various thoughts coming through her head at that time, it is hard to comprehend what was going on.

How can someone look alike so much?

Maybe it’s her younger sister?

Does she have a younger sister in Seoul?

Why is she standing so close to me?

I can even smell her perfume. It’s sweet, like strawberries.

Wh-What the hell am I thinking?!

“May I take your order, my friend who looks like she's a character that walks out from anime?” a voice suddenly broke through her train of thoughts.

Sakura looked up, and saw her friend also known as the barista at Yellow Cafe, Choi Yena was smiling brightly at her.

“Kkura-unnie, what do you want to order today?”

“Th-the usual.”

“Americano with cream to make it less bitter, as if that would make it not bitter?”

“Yeah, you know it.”

“Coming right up.”

Yena took the order and completed the transaction. Sakura almost made a mistake by paying using her student card instead of e-wallet. She quickly turned around to move and wait for her drinks, but she accidentally elbowed the person behind her.

“Ohh!”

“Oh my, I’m.. sorry I-

Their eyes met. She looked into her dark brown eyes, and quickly shifted her eyes to studies her face, her skin was milky white and her hair was silky black, which she let them down naturally. There was a charismatic aura emitting from her, and Sakura simply froze.

She gulped.

It’s like the time had stopped, and there is only the two of us.

“Next order please.”

And Yena.

“Have you finished your order? Because I want to order my drink too.” The girl speaks.

Not only that she has a pretty face, she has a pretty voice too. And suddenly she smiled at her.

She smiled.

“Ye-yes, I’m gonna go now.”

Sakura quickly turned around and walked towards the door. Her steps became faster and faster until eventually she stormed out of the door, as if she was being chased.

And she left without taking her coffee.

 

“Yes, ma’am do you want to order anything or just stare at my Japanese friend who ran off without her drinks?” the over friendly barista chimes in.

“So she’s Japanese?” said the girl in line.

“Yes she is, but there is no need to point it out like that. It’s not nice, you know?”

She shook her head, “But I’m not even-

“Your order please.” She cuts in.

“Mocha, hot. And make it sweet please. I could use a little sweetness today.”

She stood by the counter and wait for her drink, and her eyes caught the drink that was abandoned on the counter. There was a name written on it.

“Sakura.”

 

**

 

Name: Miyawaki Sakura.

Age: 21

Sakura was focusing on typing her resume at the desk in her twin bed student dorm. She just moved in there after arriving from Japan 3 months ago, and was roomed with Yena, another student at Ewha who though she is only a year younger than her, but acting like a middle school kid who is high on sugar most of the time. Sakura was lucky to be selected to join the student exchange program with Ewha University. Only two students from her university in Japan that was chosen.

She was trying to focus on her form, and to prepare for her interview for the final year internship, but she could feel a pair of eyes staring at her back. She had been attempting to ignore her roommate and evade her inquiries about what happened today. Even though she made quite a scene at the café where Yena works part-time, hitting someone and ran away. Like literally hit someone. It was understandable that Yena must have a thousand things to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter