four

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun lazily crawled down to bed and accidentally hit her head with her lamp table that located beside her. She groaned in pain and grabbed her phone that was annoyingly ringing.

“Hello?”

“Yah, Jieun. Lee paksanim ordered you to come here now.” Minjun said while his hand scribbled some patient names on the board.

“I’m on my leave, you know that right?” She responded tiredly. She had already been working for almost a week with a small amount of rest. Since today was her day leave after one week of service at the hospital, running back and forth at the ER, she decided to cancel everything out and have a good nice sleep.

But that plan was called off when she was asked to come to the hospital.

“Well, apparently Jieun, I’m not the boss.” Minjun smiled at the staffs who was walking down the corridor.

“No, I don’t-“

Minjun then immediately headed to the room where iKon was waiting. He then handed the phone to the director, Lee paksanim because he did not want to hear her loud babbling and stuffs. Hanbin then eavesdropped the conversation between both of the doctors. His brow furrowed so crooked that made him felt dizzy for a second.

“Choi paksanim.” Jieun who was still rolling on her bed, quickly straighten her body. Her eyes went wide as soon as she heard her director speaking, which sent chill through her spine. Jieun was always afraid of him because he would usually scolded her a lot during her horsemanship days. She went through a hell process of leaning to be doctor with him for one year that eventually made her cried every single time she was scolded. However, she salutes him with full respect because without Lee paksanim helped her during her trainee days, she would not be the doctor she wanted to be right now.

“Yes, sunbaenim.” Jieun controlled her sleepy voice so she would be caught sleeping during that time.

“I need you to come here now. It seems like you have an appointment now, Choi paksanim.” He went outside the room, leaving Minjun and the rest of the members inside.

“But today is my day leave. I already-“

“I just need you to meet with your new long term patient, that’s all. It is an order and actually a request. Also, this can also be considered as one of your practical test before transferring you the other department.” He stated.

Jieun’s mouth fell into an ‘o’ shape. She went silent for a moment because through her time on being a doctor, she had never been assigned to any patient in long term before unless they were told to do so. Jieun then remembered that she did still have a few more practical to do before she will be transferred to the surgical department. As she had a major in cardiology course, she thought that it will be a waste of her study time if she did not applied in the department that she majored in.

“Jieun-ssi?”

“Yes, sunbaenim. I’ll be there soon.” Jieun hung the phone and quickly get dressed.

 

.

 

“Late again?” Seojun asked while holding a few papers in his hand. Jieun glared and scoffed softly. She then wore her coat and headed to the room which she was assigned. Seojun caught up with her fast pace and continue to walk together along the corridor. Her eyes were still sleepy due to her lack of rest.

“Let me guess, not enough sleep and only came here after Lee paksanim asked?” Seojun handed Hanbin’s medical record to her. She took it without even scanned who will be the patient that she will be assisted. “I don’t even want to talk about it, Seojun. I’m tired so don’t test me out.” She groaned and pushed the door loudly. All of the people in the room went silent when they heard a loud thud of the being hit to the walls. Jieun eyes widen when she saw the familiar faces inside the room. Everyone went into a shock state but not Hanbin. His eyes lit up so brightly when he saw her.

“Choi paksanim, are you okay?” Lee paksanim asked in shock manner.

Jieun looked down towards the medical record she was holding and her heart sank when she saw the patient’s name, Kim Hanbin.

 

.

 

After being told on what to do by Lee paksanim, Jieun exhaled heavily. She did not expected she will be assisting Hanbin until he is recover, not after the incident that night. She still remembered it clearly how their nose softly bumped, how their eyes met.

And how he smelled so good.

Jieun shook her head when she began to think nonsenses. She sighed in frustration when she knew that she will be with Hanbin, the leader of iKon for like six to eight weeks until he is recover. It’s not that she dislike the group, it just that she feel uncomfortable to be with someone who was an idol of a famous kpop group. She even thought that their fans might killed her if they know that she will be with them for almost the time during that period. Jieun also knew the circumstances that she will face when she was with iKon and most of it were bad ones.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter