twenty

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ugh, there’s so much data.” Jiwon stretched her arm in the air. She had been organizing the patient’s data for almost four hours now and she started to feel numb on her fingers. Jieun ignored her and continued with her studying. She kept on biting her lips and nibbling her nails but her eyes were eagerly reading all the notes in front of her.

Just then, her phone buzzed. It was Hanbin. She quickly read it and began to smile foolishly. He had already fly to Manila for his tour yesterday and sadly Jieun was not able to send him due to some works in the hospital.

Hanbin sent her his selca with his usual grandpa pose and caption, ‘Manila, I’m coming.’ Her smile grew bigger. Cute. She replied his message with a heart emoji, saying, you better not checking any chick out there. Sent.

“Again, Jieun?” She asked because Jiwon had witnessed this smiling thingy on Jieun since yesterday. Jieun quickly dropped her smile and closed her phone. “What? My mum sent me a meme.” She awkwardly explained. Jiwon snorted because she could not contain it anymore. She knew Jieun was hiding something from her and it started to bug the hell out of her.

“Don’t think you can fool me, Jieun. I’m warning y-“

“Oh, Minjun? Really, okay I’ll be there.” She pretended that she was on the phone and quickly went out from the room, leaving a fierce and annoyed Jiwon alone. “Yah! You better not leave! Yah!” Jieun exhaled in relief but just then she saw Hara along with Hanuel in the lobby. She was helping him walked and Hanuel looked really worn out.

She hid herself from being seen from them. Jieun was still not fully move on from what had just happened between them. Her heart could not handle them so much. The pain was still there and seeing them being all lovey dovey on front of just added it more. She still had her eyes on them and it was weird seeing Hara looked so worried about him. Was he sick? Because from what she saw, he did not look so good. Hanuel even had bandage wrapped around his left arm. What just happened? Or am I seeing things right now?

Seojun approached them and lead them the way. She followed them close and found out that they were heading to the psychiatrist section. When Seojun went out from the room, she nonchalantly bumped into him and to her expectation, Seojun did seemed surprise. “Jieun! What’s bring you here?” He adjusted his collar.

“I-I was just passing by.” She grinned. Seojun shrugged, seemed like he did not notice any weird intention from Choi Jieun.

“What’s bring you here?” She asked back, controlling her voice not to sound somewhat demanding or desperate. She was not desperate but her curiosity was. Ever since Hara said that they are doing just for her own good made Jieun felt a little restless. Not that she worried, it just bothered her in some way. “Me? I was just assisting a patient.” Seojun still flipped through his records.

“I didn’t know Hara has a brother.” He added as he knew Hara and Jieun was best friend. Jieun turned her head. She was right though, it was indeed Hanuel. But what made him to go in this department. Did he have troubles regarding to his mental health? Or did he just want to have some kind of mind therapy? From the look that Hara was showing to her before, it seemed like a serious problem. She knew Hara so well and she could tell what Hara was feeling at that moment. Nervous began to creep in her as so many questions began to pop in, here and there.

“Umm, i-is he okay?” She asked.

“Well, he looked really awful and he didn’t talk much, so yeah I assumed he is sick. Mentally sick, I guess.” Seojun unemotionally explained. He was so busy studying his patient’s ward as he needed to check them one by one and he could not mess up like before. It could bring a total disaster if a doctor mixed up patient’s information.

“What do you mean mentally sick?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter