twenty-five

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why on earth that it had to be me?

She was having an inner complication inside her mind. Her eyes peeked through her shoulder trying to catch a glimpsed of Jae who was looking naively, nodding towards the medical staffs there.

Jieun lead the way in a very silent awkward atmosphere. Jae on her back just followed her footsteps without any hesitation. He kept his hand on the straps and eyes scanning the area. But as for Jae, it was too quiet and too uncomfortable. He was trying to make the best impression there since it was his first time there and also, he will be working there too. So, being all silent here right now would not help him right away to fit in completely.

“So, you are not into talking much?”

He proposed, his tone was not mocking her but Jieun felt the urge to turn to him. He stopped his track because Jieun was looking intimidating. Her eyes were narrowing at his yet it was still soft and delicate as he found. There was a bit of greyish twinkle in her dark eyes of hers. Her lips were brought into a thin line, as if she was sulking but she was not. Her nose was cute, he thought. 

“No, no. I didn’t mean it that way. I was-“

“Well, first of all intern, I do talk and stuffs. Secondly, who are you anyway?” She went from awkward to a lion in a den. From 0 to 100 really quick. Why? She did not figure it all. In fact, she was too surprised by her act herself. She used to be all shy and awkward whenever, I repeat, whenever there will be a handsome, so good-looking person is standing before her. She suddenly became aware of her causalities towards this new intern, Park Jaehyung. What was drawing her to drop her shy act and be the Jieun she is? That was an interesting matter to be discuss but it was not the time. She mildly shook her head.

“Park Jaehyung, just call me Jae anyway.” He grinned, his eyes disappeared behind his glasses and all she could see was them, smiling back at hers just like before. “Neurology major. Just got back from the States.” He added. Well that explain everything with his weird and odd slang of Korean that he used. Then, his eyes twitched. Like a habit that he had for a long time.

Jieun continued to walk along the corridor, bring him to the blood bank department as their first stop. He now was walking with her side by side, little less awkward than before. “Sorry, but what should I address you?” Oh. She murmured but only she could hear it. Was this being some serious question or he was just trying to make herself loosen up a bit because she was being too stiff with all of this or with him. “Choi Jieun, Jieun is fine.”

She showed him the room inside the department and then the storage for every blood type that they received from the donor. Then, she introduced him to the staffs and told them he will be working here from now and more. There were a few nurses at the back were squealing like crazy. Because duh, he was too fine to be a doctor. Not just any doctor, a soon to-be neurologist, a neurosurgeon. That is kind of a strong point to display and show-off if he wanted to gain some attention and also play flirty. Yet, Jae wasn’t that type of person to flirt and seduce or rather having a one-night stand and stuffs. He was more than that. Not in seducing and tempting people but appreciating and value them. Still, never judge the book by its cover. Just because he may seem like a good boy and also presented the innocent look on his face but once he started to reveal his true self, there was no escape. Probably a beast in disguise, probably.

Jieun saw it.

The way his eyes were actually enjoying the view, how lips were tugging upwards at the end but he maintained and controlled himself, just like how an attractive guy at a bar who wanted to go get a lady but just play it cool, yeah that was how he looked right now. This man was indeed strange. Strange in his attractiveness that slowly pulled her in. She tried to keep her mind straight. Yes, she marked again in her head. He is dangerous; dangerous but strangely attractive.

“Jieun it is. Okay let me guess, you must be good with kids and you major in Pediatrics?” He raised his brow, half-smiling but grinning also. It was confused to describe the way he smiles because it was weird. “Uh, nope. Wrong guess, Intern. I majored Cardiology.” She responded and took the record from the nurse and went next to the radiology unit.

“Oof, that is so cool. So, you’re like good with hearts then?” Jae was serious being giddy out of nowhere. Just now, he was playing all cool with those killer smirks he gave to the nurses and now he was being all fun and glee. His eyes never leave hers whenever he shot her with a question. Yes, she felt them. She felt them like they were slowly trying to help her reveal herself to him. Inch by inch she felt on her skin and shivered were roaming and wandering to her spine. Just as she glanced at him, he gave a small smile. A lazy one, the one that made her skipped a beat for moment earlier. Great, again.

 “What are trying to imply, Jae?”

“What? Well, since your major is Cardiology doesn’t that mean you are good wi-“

“So, what if I am. I could fix it and even break one if I want.” She came in short and sharp. Jae smiled amusingly. She’s tough. Though, she had that soft look with that sweet outfit, she still fierce. Maybe, she was not the person who tend to mess easily. He assumed. His smile was broadening. Clearly, he was getting a little comfy around her. Not that she was amusingly fun to tease but she was just, she. He did not how to clarify what he was feeling anyway. Confused? More of him having troubles with deciding which is which. The thought of her being good at fixing heart and break it was really amusing. Not funny related but he found it was chic of her to say that, attractive and hot as well. Wait, hold your horses there. And he wondered, how good she is with hearts anyway? Curiosity jumped in him. Playful smile was flashing on his lips.

If Jieun is good at hearts, Jae on the other hand, is good with brains. Manipulating and playing with them were all his strength. He knew every bit of a human brain and how exactly they function. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter