twenty-seven

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost one week.

And that one week was full with tension and angst going on between Jieun and Hanbin. Messages, callings had been lesser, fewer days by days. Hanbin had been so busy with his radio shows, interviewing here and there, magazine photoshoot. While Jieun was trying to occupy most of her time where she had registered herself to a volunteering work back at Jeju-do along with Jiwon and Minjun. Because first, Minjun really wanted to try that work all time ago, he even bugged Jiwon and Jieun about asking them to register and all throughout the week, and Jiwon was bored to death, not knowing what to do at home since she was being used of her packed schedules in the hospital. Secondly, was Jieun, who was just trying to keep herself busy despite with what happened last week. She had to engage into something that could distract her mind from her matter.

Hanbin did apologized about his cold attitude to her and being the Jieun she was, she went right away forgave him. No matter how she was being gutted about the issue, she still could not ignore him. She still loved him though they were a bit distant with each other.

Next, she was not expecting Jae and Dowoon to tag in as well. All she knew was Lee paksanim asked them to do it so. Jieun had a hard thinking about this because Lee paksanim was not the kind of person to let interns who were on duty, especially the new interns to go for a break or giving some sort of excuses with the training. It was very unusual of him, she figured.

And the exact reason he gave to her was, ‘they are your trainees now, and you would look after them for me for the time being. You’re like a sunbae to them.’ She tch-ed when she heard that, only audible enough for her to hear herself.

“Yo, we got more boxes here!” Jae shouted in the most American style voice, carrying two stacked boxes on his arms.

He was in his normal clothes, black and yellow stripes tees topped with a grey hoodie underneath, loose jeans with a pair of yellow low-cut sneakers. He did not look like any doctors would dress rather he looked like some college student. He had his hair covered his forehead which were long enough to poke his eyes, through his glasses.  Dowoon was following him from behind, somewhat appeared so small when he had those huge boxes covering his face. Those fluffy hair of his were bouncing as he walked and Jiwon from a far felt like touching it because it so soft to her.

Minjun went to help them while Jieun and Jiwon assisted the elders on giving their supplies of foods and clothes.

Seojun was not there to help as his wife was finally gave birth to twins. And it was a pair and they were breathtakingly beautiful. He sent the photos of the twins to his colleagues. It had been five days and no words could describe how he was feeling. He told that he was the happiest man in the universe because he finally became a dad of two adorable kids. He had not thought about their names yet but Minjun and Jiwon had some few ideas. Since Seojun had been friends with them for a long time and knew how badly their ideas would be, he did not dare to ask. So, Seojun and even Sohee decided to ask anyone who was willing to give some suggestion regarding to the names.

“And that’s the last of the batch.” Minjun came, putting the box down on the ground.

It was their last day of volunteering in Jeju. They had fun, especially Minjun as he was so happy to see those smiles from the elders and the kids as well. His smiles shone the brightest there, giving them the supplies and exchanging warm glances and also hugs. He was so warm with all of this, perhaps he was born with all this nature.

 

.

 

“One, two, three, fou- No! Stop! You are doing it wrong!” He was half yelling. His voice echoed through the studio.

Hanbin muscles went all tense and he breathed out heavily, letting a long, defeated sigh. He was monitoring his group on their new choreography for the comeback and they had been practicing for almost three hours straight. Still, he did not feel satisfied with all the moves that s were rehearsing. It was not sharp and precise just like how he wanted how it to be. Or it was just him being too stressed for nothing.

Bobby was already exhausted, and they all were already sweating like crazy. Heavy breathing, panting can be heard clearly in the studio but Hanbin did not care at all. All he wanted was a very good and smooth moves.

“We will start again at the first chorus. And music, cue!” He reset the song back to where he wanted and they all went back to square one. But since Bobby was already too exhausted he kept on messing his steps and even stepping on June’s feet which caused him to collapsed.

“What is wrong with all of you?!” Hanbin lashed out.

His tiger mode was activated at the moment. He had not been in the mode for a long time and all the members knew he was stressing over something else instead of the comeback. Jinhwan saw how fiery his eyes were. His shoulders were also stiffened in spite of those sweats drenched on his tank top.

“It was just an easy step why did you guys had to mess so terribly?! Hadn’t you guys practiced?!” His voice went higher and higher the second he breathed. Chanwoo was chickened out at the back because tiger-bin was not his favourite of all time. Hanbin then started to slam his hand hard on the wall behind him, trying to collect their attention and emphasized on the moves.

“Hanbin.. calm down.” Song tried to ease him out but he was not welcomed it. He slapped his hand away from him when Song tried to reach his shoulder and then walked away as he felt hot. He was not feeling himself right now. He was so stressed, strained and stiff. All of because things were not into places for him and Jieun these days.

Song followed him outside the studio and sat next to him. Hanbin leaned himself back on the wall, ruffling his hair in frustration and resentment. “What’s wrong? You have been stressing out this whole week. It’s not even like you at all.” Song gazed at him, with a very curious look. A shot of concerning look emerged on his face.

“I don’t know. I just..” He sighed feeling really discomposed about everything. He shoved his face with palm slowly and inhaling, as he was feeling a bit dejected.

“Here.” Bobby appeared behind the door and gave him a drink. He had those weary expression but still managed to form a small comforting smile. “If you got something running inside your head, you better spill it, bro.” He sipped his drink.

He was not the best comforter in the group but in whatever he had to say, Hanbin knew he is always right. Every single time. Bobby noticed how he was behaving, how he would stare blankly on his phone, how he would be alone at the corner not wanting to talk but just sat there. He knew there was something going on, in particularly, it must have been something to do with Jieun. By the way he stared at his phone, Bobby already sensed it. However, Hanbin was not that someone who comfortably or plainly to spill everything that easily. He was more of those mysterious guys to keep all of his problems to himself and did not bothered to solve his own problems by his own. Because he was more comfortable on that way; keeping things to himself. Until it almost consumed him alive, he did not care. Because he once thought, it was no use of speaking out his troubles and disputes. It’s not liked the problem will solve once he voiced out his complication.

It was too complicated for Hanbin.

Plus, Bobby knew him too well.

“Sometimes, you better talk it over rather than keeping it to yourself even it’s scary for you but communication helps.” Bobby said and deep down right there, Hanbin knew he was right and Bobby knew he too, was right.

“I don’t know but this is just like my wild guess and from the I look at it, I think you guys should resolved whatever your problems quick. I don’t want things to get nastier between you two. And our comeback is really soon, don’t wanna mess the show, right?”

He kept his face straight. He was screwed over the fact that they had been all chilly to each other. He hated it so much. Being so distant yet craving for her. But sadly, his ego was bigger than this whole relationship thing. He missed her so much but remembering about her and Hanuel, fretted him so much.

“Yeah, it really does. Don’t be hard on yourself, Hanbin-ah.” Song squeezed his shoulder. He sighed again, for the third time. He stretched his arms and tilted his head to the left and right. He did not want to be like this either, he did not want to bring damage to their upcoming comeback just because he was being a jackass or a twit about it. He would try to talk to her if he could. He would yet, he was too timid. To admit the fact that he was jealous.

“Thanks guys, but really I’m fine. I was just figuring out some things. It’s okay, I’ll be fine.” He said, smiling weakly. Song put his lips together, pressing it in a thin line. Though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter