twenty-eight

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My bro and Woon are here~!”

It was a nightmare for Jae.

The last thing that Jae be would wanting to hear was that high-pitched voice. Not after the flight, not here in the airport as it could lead to more embarrassing stuffs ahead. Jae assuming that it might have been Dowoon who gave all the details about them arriving home today and the guy gladly wanted to pick them up. Cursed you, Yoon Dowoon.

He could hear it loud and clear right now and a long sighed of devastation was let out. This could be handy, mostly for Jae.

A black-haired guy came to them, running happily while holding a sign saying, ‘Welcome home babies~’ He was wearing the same sweatshirt as Dowoon but with a different colour. He giddily went straight to them and Jae quickly ran away from him and his hugs. How much he hated hugs, he hated more when it comes from this guy. He looked really loathing when the guy stretched out his arm for him. Dowoon, in fact quickly jumped into his arm, giving a warm brotherly hug.

Minjun, Jiwon and Jieun stared bafflingly. Jae looked really embarrassed when the guy gleefully greeted them. Jae even face-palming himself seeing how idiot the guy was being in front of their colleagues.

“Wonpil, cut it out.” He muttered under his breath but Wonpil did not give a damn about Jae’s warning.

“So, you guys are their new friends at work? Wow! This is so cool. I am surrounded by doctors. Wo-“, A smacked landed at the back of his head.

Jae was eye-daggering him, flickering with a bit annoyance and shameful hint on his eyes while Wonpil grinned sheepishly while rubbing his head. It was not that painful but hearing the thud, probably it was a bit painful(?). But being Jae’s friend for about almost 8 years, it was something normal that he usually went through. It was not like Jae hated him that much, but that just how they work in their friendship. Otherwise, Jae was a very sweet brother to him, he would really care for his younger ones except he despised so much on showing his true hidden affections and desires.

The airport was not packed with people as it was on the weekdays. There were still people scattering around, booking tickets, asking some accommodation of a flight, managing luggage.

“Sorry about him, he was just excited, I guess.” Jae scratched at the back of his neck.

Wonpil failed to retain his exhilaration that his friends had finally came back though they actually lived together in a house with two other members. Probably, Wonpil was just a hearty kind of guy who loved their friends so much.

“I’m Wonpil, though. Jae’s and Dowoonie’s friend.”

Minjun almost let out a snort when he caught that Dowoonie word, escaping his mouth. He found it was funny and cute at the same time since Dowoon was literally a cute, tiny confused little being.

Wonpil waved his hand happily at them. His smile was enormous and large, revealing his teeth beautifully and his eyes went into a crescent shape, almost gone behind his eyelids. Even Jiwon was dumbfounded when she saw that bright smile of him.

“I assumed Dowoon told you?” Jae raised his brow, clenching onto the straps.

He then brought his finger to his face, and pushed the glasses back to its place. He still had his irked face, masked.

“Of course, and I came here to pick up you guys.” He showed the car keys to Jae, recognized it was Sungjin’s car that he drove here. Since when did Sungjin allowed Wonpil to drive his car, anyway. Sungjin was not that type of person to lend something that easily. Still, Jae did not care. Wonpil quickly grabbed Dowoon’s suitcase, leaving him startled.

As they were already planning to go back home, Jieun decided to part ways with them at the airport and grabbed a cab instead. Her face was asking a permission, fingers were tugging at the end of her t-shirt. She promised to Hara that she would visit them at the hospital once she was done with the volunteering duties. Hara also informed her that Hanuel was getting better days by days and he could finally discharge tomorrow or the day after if his health was heading to a positive chart. Ever since that incident happened, Jieun would always stay in touch with Hara just to know about Hanuel health progress. But Haneul was still being so secluded and isolated from talking to her. He felt the total guilt and ashamed just at the thought of her and he refused whenever her name was put forward during his conversation with Hara. And as much as Hara wanted to help them, she also had to respect that for the time being. At least when he finally stabilizes and aware enough about his ambience and condition.

She could not afford to go through another episode of Hanuel harming himself again. It was too much for her to handle. She just did not want the same thing happened all over again, not now that she realized that she was actually, in love with him.

“I could drive you there.” Wonpil suggested but before he could further his suggestion more, Jae jabbed him in the waist, earning the guy to flinch as a reflex. A glare was shot to Jae while he constantly rubbed his waist. Jae sure had a sharp and pointy elbow, he supposed because it left it sting to it.

“What? I was just trying to be nice here.”

“No, I’ll drive you there.” Jae objected. He took the car keys from Wonpil on his hand. Jieun had those confuse look on her facial expression.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll take the-“

“No, I’m insisted. You, Dowoon, go grab a cab or something. I’ll take the car.” He said while Dowoon rolled his eyes unpleasantly.

He knew this would come out from his hyung’s mouth because it was Jae after all. And Jae was known for his very mean and savage attitude in their house. Well, too savaged for Wonpil’s heart however it did not stop Wonpil from giving him a headlock on the head even though he was smaller than Jae and Dowoon. Jae cried faintly.

“You better take care of Sungjin’s car or I’ll kill you before he kills me.” And let him go.

Jae growled. The whole scene was witnessed lucidly by the rest of the members and he felt stupid.

“It’s okay, you guys can follow me. I can give a lift, if that’s okay.” Minjun kindly offered them a help. Lucky for them, he brought his car along and left it at the airport parking before they all took off to Jeju last week.

“Good thing you are befriend with this angel, you snob.” Wonpil snarled and dragged Dowoon along.

Jiwon was really entertained with them being goofy and annoyingly weird just now. She wondered how it would be like to have friends like Wonpil and Jae in life, it must be some kind of heaven troublesome.

Jae made a face at him and soon they parted ways.

 

.

 

“You really have a nice friend there.”

Jieun was smirking and Jae could sense the essence of sarcasms leaving her voice. God, if only Wonpil had not being so stupid and giddily just now, he would not be leaving any bad impression there for his colleagues. Not for Jieun, he presumed.  But Jae knew he could not change that as Wonpil is Wonpil, the annoying kid that would always be there to annoy him for the rest of his life. And now, Jae did not have the choice but to endure Jieun, acting all cocky and imitating those whole scenes back in the hospital soon.

“He’s an idiot. I can’t believe he is my friend.”

“But unfortunately, he already is.” She mocked again, could not contain her smiles from appearing on her lips.

Jae had been driving for almost 15 minutes now, though the traffics were not that heavy but he liked to keep it slow. He was too tired from the flight and even Wonpil senseless show he put up earlier made it much worse. The headlock, the squishy-mushy voice which was very undesirable to listen and even hugs, ugh, he shut his eyes for a second while he was waiting the light to turn green back. What did it had to happen today, out of all days.

Jae then peeked at Jieun who was scrolling her sns. She was texting someone, probably her boyfriend as he could see a lot of loves and kisses emojis on the conversation. Her boyfriend must be thrilled to know that she’s back in town and could not wait to meet her. Lucky for her, then.

True, she was indeed texting with Hanbin. She told him that she finally in Seoul a couple of hours ago and she should be arriving home after going to meet Hara at the hospital. And Hanbin knew that she was going to visit Hanuel that day. She decided to just be frank about this Hanuel thing, if that could clean the air between them, she just had to do it.

As good as Jieun thought it would help them, Hanbin did not felt that was helping much. Being honest was good but it was not good enough for his jealousy and resentfulness towards all of this.

Just as soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter