twenty-one

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jieun!” Seojun handed his report and data to her. “We have a situation, it’s patient 63 room A. She had a bad breathing and she been complaining that her chest is in pain.” Jieun inclined her head a few times before analyzing the whole patient’s medical history.

It had been two weeks straight that she had been working overtime and she even stayed at the hospital’s on-call room. Her body was so weak and her own self even showed how fatigued she was. Her hair was messy and somewhat oily. Shower? She had not been into shower for two days now, almost the medical staffs there were also had not bath for a long time. It was too hectic and a lot of people had been admitting to the hospital lately. There were doctors running here and there, holding some pile of blood, medical supplies and those data of the patients. It was too tiresome to see them working even at late hours but it is what doctors do, keeping and making sure that all of their patient healthy and in-check.

Two weeks of restless days, she and Hanbin had never lost in contact. They called, texted and messaged and even face-timed when they had the chance to. It was short and brief as Jieun had too run back to her routine as a doctor. Hanbin had to understand that her work needed her more than him. But that did not mean that he was not lonely, of course he was. He missed her, her solid physical feature appearing in front of him. He missed hearing her live, seeing her smiles and laughs. The small grunts and sulking voices. The bright giggles or gleeful laughs. He missed everything about her. Two weeks was tortured for both of them, restless with a lot of tense things going on in their life. His world tour had come to an end and Hanbin had been working up so late in his studio, finishing recording some songs for their new album while Jieun was too busy with her hospital-patient stuffs. And both of them longing for each other so much.

“I am exhausted.” Minjun flopped down next to Jiwon on the couch in the on-call room. Jieun had rested herself on the bunkbed while scrolling through her sns. Seojun came in along with a few snacks from the machine near his room. “Two weeks of restless days, I think I am zombie now.” Seojun opened his drink. He nudged Jieun’s leg and asked to join them. She exhaled heavily, sounded so tired with everything already. “Not just you, I too feel the same.” Jieun took some chips.

Jiwon then exclaimed. “Guys, let’s go to noraebang (karaoke).” Her eyes shined so bright, hoping them to agree with her sudden suggestion. But sadly, none of them were interested. Jieun, on the other hand had other things to think. She had to figure things like how to surprise Hanbin for a visit or go on a special secret date since their leaves will start soon. But her mind also was onto something else, Hanuel to be precise.

Ever since the whole incident, hearing that information of him being mentally sick was already too much for her to handle. She had been sneaking up to places, digging out about his medical records. It was true all along that he had been diagnosed with some of mental disorder. She had seen him a few times in the hospital with Hara besides him and most of the time, he would always look so ill and tired. His eyes were not always she had seen before, it was more of a cold and stony yet icy kind of eyes. She felt bad seeing him in that state but her heart preventing her from meeting him. She was still angry at him especially when he said those awful painful words to her. Also, the news of her best friend being engaged to him making it worse. 

“You guys are no fun. Come on, let’s do something great together while we are still here.” She said, again trying to convince her colleagues. Seojun looked at her feeling annoyed but she kept on nudging Minjun’s forearm causing it to bump into Seojun’s. Minjun tried to smacked her head for being silly and ridiculous but she blocked it fast and smacked his head instead. “Don’t.” She stuck out her tongue.

“I’ll do that again if you want me to. I can do it all da-“

“Fine, fine. Noreabang it is.” Minjun cried out loudly at her face and Jiwon smiled in satisfy. But Jieun remained silent. Not a single movement or even expression shown on her face. She was deeply lost in her own thoughts. “Hey, Jieun? Choi Jieun ? ~” Seojun waved his hand across her face and she immediately went back to reality.

“Oh, sorry. I was just spacing out. What did I miss?” Jieun took another piece of the chips, munching slowly. Anxiety and worried were written all over her face and Jiwon could tell that there was something bugging her.

“Noreabang, are you in or-“

“You know what, it’s okay. We can do that later, let’s just chill with soju and ramyeon? How about that?” Jiwon gazed at Jieun when she finally nodded in agreement. Jieun’s eyes soften for a while, at least she did not have to lie again about her being ‘busy’ to her friends. She was tired, to lie all over again, hiding the truth that she was just went dating with an idol behind their back. Not because she was too 'busy' with her patients and stuffs. She sighed in r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter