eighteen

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun eyes were half opened. She had been in her room, studying for the upcoming pro exam next week. She was so exhausted but she had a long way to read the notes. Jiwon sipped her coffee and poked Jieun at her shoulder.

“Don’t even tried to bothe-“

“Just stop if you’re exhausted.”

“I’m… not…” She answered lifelessly and flipped to another page. The words began to fade in and out. Her eyes could not focus anymore. She ruffled her hair and breathed in heavily. She still got some few notes to go through but she was already exhausted and almost looked like walking dead body.

“You know that you look like you have aged by just staring at the freaking notes, right?”

“Shut up.” She closed her book. Her eyes were red and swollen. Jiwon made a mocking horrifying face at her and it worked on making Jieun to feel slight annoyed. She rolled her eyes and then landed on the clock.

“Oh my god.” Jieun gasped and quickly put out her coat and changed it with her brownish hoodie with a jacket as her outwear. Jiwon blinked a few times. “Umm, where are you going?” She sipped her coffee again and before she wanted to ask again, Jieun had already went off.

“Very well then.” Jiwon shrugged.

 

.

 

In her mind right now was all about the sudden date that Hanbin had set. He did not even tell her about the details, all he asked was just to meet him at the park and wait for magical things to happen. That Kim Hanbin is really random and somewhat extra and she even could not believe about her dating this idol. Weird but attractive idol. But didn’t he just have a fansign today? Didn’t he feel tired or something? Nope, he did not in fact, he was excited to meet her. He used to just sleep like a log if he had a schedule early in the morning but since he had met Jieun, he felt all energize. Some people may say, love is blind but for him, he believes that love does not blind him, it makes him see things clearer. A better view, I suppose.

Jieun ran out to the park but she found no one was there. It was almost 10:30 pm but Hanbin’s figure was not to be seen. It was so silent yet chilly. Jieun began to feel some eerie feelings in her. She was late and the thought of some horrible things began to crept in her mind.

“Pick up, Hanbin.” She said as soon as she dialled his numbers. But there was no answer at all. She glanced at her watch and started to freak out. She went further into the park all alone, calling out his name. Her heart began to thump like crazy. She hated the fact that her mind kept thinking about vicious things. “No, no. Don’t overthink.”

“Yah, Kim Hanbin?” She called and just then a man hugged her from the back. She quickly threw the man in front and he landed on the ground by his back. As soon as he cried in pain, Jieun’s eyes widen in shock. She quickly grabbed his arm and patted away some dust on his back. “You do have the moves, huh? Ouch.” Hanbin cried again when he slowly got up.

“Why don’t you even answer my calls?” She sounded mad but still linked her arms with his. “I thought girls love back hugs? You don’t like it?” He had this confused tone which made Jieun felt more irritated.

“Sudden back hug in the middle of silent night. It’s creepy, okay.” She said. Hanbin laughed when he saw that face of annoyance. He then pinched her nose which earned a glare from her. He then took her hand into his and intertwined it.

“Come on, let’s go.” He said and pulled her into his embrace. He had his left arm wrapped around her shoulder and walked together side by side. She did not feel any awkwardness or have any uneasy feelings about their public appearance in late night as he was perfectly covered. Plus, Hanbin knows well how to avoid the annoying reporter as he had been in the public for quite some time without any manager with him. The shops in the street began to close and left only a few stores and 24 hours convenient stores.

It was getting dark but it was not too dark as there were a lot of stars that night, shining brightly yet beautifully. The wind blew felt somewhat warmer. Probably it was because of Hanbin’s warm body, touched with hers. A smile was slowly formed on her face.

A grey building was stood in front of them and they both stop.

“Wait a sec.” He went straight to the door to see if it was locked or not. As he found that the door was not locked, Hanbin quickly grabbed Jieun and went inside immediately. “Heyyy.” And just as she went inside, she found that they were in a basketball indoor court. Hanbin ran across the court to take the basketball that was securely placed behind the bench. Jieun still had this blank face on her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter