fourteen

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yunhyeong-ah, Mrs Choi wanted you to teach her your famous riceball.” Donghyuk said when he told Mrs Choi that Song was a good cook. Unfortunately, Song was not in the mood to talk about those thing after he saw Hanbin and Jieun hugging.

“Maybe he was just too sleepy, eomonim.” Donghyuk said.Mrs Choi smiled saying that she was okay with that. Perhaps, for her, Song was just too tired after helping her making food in the afternoon. “Aigoo, let me do it. You go rest, Donghyuk-ah.” She said while taking those plates from Donghyuk.

“Aniya, let me. I don’t mind.” He smiled as he insisted on washing the dishes all by himself. Mrs Choi was so grateful that Jieun was making friends with the good guys like them. “Let’s do it together, then.” She said and helped Donghyuk wiped the washed plates.

 

.

Hanbin patted her back gently as she cried on his chest. Her face was buried in him with her hand gripped on his shirt. He just let her be and after a few moment, she lifted her face and looked at him. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were puffy. The tears still streaming down her face. Hanbin gazed at her and gently wiped her tears away. He cupped her face and held it close to him. She sniffed cutely.

“Don’t I look stupid?” She asked.

“Aniya ~ Aigoo, our Jieun.” He said and wiped her tears. He caressed her cheeks which made Jieun formed a small smile. She laughed dryly. Jieun felt his warm touch against her cheeks. Her eyes met his. Their eyes did all the talking. Her eyes were showing so much pain that made Hanbin felt bad about it. Just then Hanbin leaned in, pecking her lips softly. This time, Jieun did not flinched but she smiled back at him and Hanbin were a bit surprised, in a good way.

“I should have not cry like that, it’s appa birthday today yet I’m cryi-“

“Shh.. No need to say that. Your appa knows what is going on here. Now, just forget about that guy, okay?” He said, as if he understood her. Jieun sniffed a few times and drew Hanbin a weak smile.

“After all these years, I was in foolish, thought that he might love me but actually, he was in love with my best friend.” She said, staring blankly at the wall in front of her. Hanbin gazed at her. He felt that clenched heart of hers in him but somewhat it made him felt relieved for some reason. “You know, Hanbin.. it’s not that I never wanted to have a boyfriend before, I just have someone that I waited for.” She said, turning her head at him. Silent filled the room.

“Is he-“

“Yeah, he is. And what made my heart sank, his fiancée is my best friend.” She smiled but this time with tears slowly coming out from her eyes. She wiped it and exhaled loudly. Jieun had enough of Hanuel. After Hara said that she was engaged with him, Jieun made no contact with both of them. She still could not believe her ears that they actually had engaged and had been in love for the whole time without her knowing. She felt so betrayed that Hara never told her about any of this.

Luckily, Hanbin was there for her. He was her company during that whole time and she could not be any grateful because she had another person to keep her smile from fading.

Hanbin reached for her hand and clasped it with his. He smiled while locking their hands together and pulled Jieun closer to him. He indeed never had experience any heartbreaks before but he knew exactly what it feels like when somebody you love, never loves you back. Jieun rested her head on his chest and they stayed in that position for a while.

Hanbin suddenly humming to her some songs, probably iKON’s song. Eventhough he is in the rap position of the group but he still can sing beautifully. Jieun closed her eyes shut, listening to his v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter