twenty-three

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hours passed and seemed like everyone was ready to leave the hospital and have the best time of their life. Seojun was packing his stuffs and also bringing along some snacks to home because his wife had been craving the chips that he usually bought to home. It was nearly 9 months now that her wife had been pregnant with their first child and Jieun could how excited he was to be a dad soon.

“Seems like someone is ready to go home, huh?” She joked while tying up her hair into a messy bun. She got rid of her whitecoat and folded into her bag to wash it at home. It had been weeks that she wore it. She even been in her blue scrubs for like five days without even changing it into a new one because first, she had no time at all and second, she was just too lazy to get into new clothes even with all those emergencies occurring in the ER.

“Hell, yeah I am. I miss Sohee so much.” He made that sad puppy face and Jieun grimaced. She wondered why the heck did she had to be around with people who love to cute things but technically they were all not that cute? She sighed, shaking her head.

“Don’t give me that face. It has been weeks you know. And I am practically worried that if she could be in labour any time soon.” He slid his phone into his pockets. Seojun had been waiting all the time for his wife to get pregnant and now that she is, another worry struck him. And that is waiting for her to be in labour. It was a nerve-wrecking moment for all husband to witnessing their wife battling with their life while giving birth.

“Everything is going to be fine. I bet Sohee also can’t wait for your junior to come out.” Jieun encouraged him.

Just then Jiwon barged in, looking almost spiritless and dull. Her face was worn out, her hair was in mess. She flopped down to her seat and fanning herself.

“Finally guys! Finally! My shift ended.” She let out a relief long sigh.

Jiwon hung her head against the chair, shutting her eyes close. Apparently, she just suddenly out at her spot looking like a dead person because she was too tired.

“Um, Jieun. Is Jiwon is..” Seojun trailed off when he saw Jiwon being silent. Jieun could not helped but to giggle seeing her friend in that condition. “Don’t mind her. I’ll wake her up soon.” She said. Later, Seojun had left the room as he did not want to let his wife waited for too long. Jieun was still fixing her hair and applying some minimal makeup on her face. Tiring weeks were about to end and she could not wait to rest and sleep in for couples of days. True she was indeed tired but she would be killed by her mother if she did that.

Her phone buzzed.

Where are you?

It was from Hanbin.

Weird, why did he suddenly asked that she pondered. She immediately done all her makeup and went down to the lobby. She was surprised to see Hanbin there, still in his usual clothes, cap to cover his head, mask to keep his face covered and those ridiculous pink plaster on his left cheek. He waved at her happily when he saw her and his heart skipped a bit when he saw how lovely she looked. Pink blush with a little bit tint of rosy-coloured lipstick.

Beautiful.

Jieun eyes went wide and hurriedly ran to him. She dragged him outside swiftly as she did not want people to recognize him there or might brought up any speculation of why did Kim Hanbin or B.I was there at the hospital in that evening. Of course, she was afraid with all those idol things, not to forget how she was attack by the fans violently that day. She learned her lesson after that day. She promised to be more careful afterward. These days had been really harsh and rough with all those maniac fans scattering around them. It was a sick surrounding to be honest.

Insecurity filled her up when it comes to being with him in the public like this. But it was the opposite thing to Hanbin. He never felt any pressured to be on public with her looking like this. He understood that she was uncomfortable but he did not want that to be lasted. He at least, wanted to make her feel that it was alright to be dating like this even though people would be against on it, it was alright to be together like this because he knew that they both got each other's back.

But sadly, he did not understand that clear enough.

“What are you doing here?” She sounded surprise. Jieun unlocked her car and got in along with Hanbin, sitting next to the driver seat. Hanbin smiled, pulling his mask down. “Surprise ~” He said, throwing his hand on the air and wriggling his fingers. She laughed.

“I know that my surprise would work.” He grinned, removing his cap and revealing his new dyed blond hair with a new haircut. It must be for his new comeback that might be happening soon. “Actually, I was planning to go on a date with you.” He blurted out. His eyes were searching for hers but seemingly her eyes telling him otherwise. She was too tired although she tried controlling her face however Hanbin could see it obviously.

“But I changed plan.” He stated, earning Jieun to raise her right brow.

“Let’s just date here.”

“What? I mean, why here though?” Jieun stopped buckling up her seatb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter