thirteen

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once they had already arrived at Jieun house, Jieun was surprised to see Hanuel, standing there with a few food and even a bouquet of flowers. Hanuel turned and hurriedly helped Mrs Choi with her things and greeted her. Hanuel then gazed at the three boys behind Mrs Choi and found an unamused Jieun, looking at him.

“Hey you ~” He went straight at her and ruffled her hair. Jieun rolled her eyes and smiled half-heartedly. She had already knew that he was engaged with her own best friend and what was upsetting her now was, how can he not even tell her by himself that he was going to propose Hara. Because after all this time, Jieun thought that he actually liked her. That also showed why Jieun never had a lover before because she was waiting for the whole time, for Hanuel to speak up his feelings for her.

She also remembered how sweet and caring he was towards her during their school days. He always took care of her from time to time and always know what to do if she was upset. He had been with her during the toughest time. 

“What’s with that face, Eun?” He asked, not knowing how shattered her heart was right now. Jieun shook her head and avoided him. Hanbin who was witnessing the whole scene, sensed there was some tension between those two.

“Omo, I thought you are still in US.” Mrs Choi said while unlocking the door and asked all them to go in. “I just wanted to make a surprise for you and Jieun. Hehe. It's been a long time I hadn't seen you guys.” He grinned which made Jieun snorted silently. Hanbin frowned when he saw that.

“By the way, this is Jieun’s patie-“

“Friends.” Jieun cut her mom and smiled. Hanuel nodded slowly and gazed at them one by one and stopped when there was one man shot him with a death glare. And that man was Hanbin, obviously. “Oh, hello there, I’m Jieun childhood best friend.” He bowed and smiled happily. Mrs Choi smiled when she saw the warm welcoming of Hanuel toward them and left to finish all the meals so that they would not ended up starving.

“But I’ve gotta say, you guys looked very familiar.” He said and Jieun eyes widen. No, no just don’t Hanuel. “Oh my god, iKON?!” He exclaimed which made all them flinched and stared at Hanuel in shock. Fanboy detected. Jieun face palmed.

“Since when did you befriends with her and where did-“

“Hanuel.” Jieun called.

“This is so huge, wow my Jieun is iKON’s friend. Oh-

“Hanuel.”

“I can’t belie-ouch!” Jieun smacked the back of head and looking so pissed off with him. She was already annoyed with him and now, he was acting all freaked out made her even annoyed plus furious. Jieun glared at him. Hanuel rubbed his head and furrowed his brows. That was when he knew that Jieun was not happy with him.

The silent made all of them felt very awkward especially for those three boys. Hanuel smiled awkwardly and politely left to help Mrs Choi who was busying preparing the meal in the kitchen.

Donghyuk was still his shock mode when he saw how fierce Jieun was just now. Song and Hanbin just stood there, dumbfounded with Jieun. Jieun raised her left brow and all of them broke into a nervous laughter. Jieun chuckled.

“I seriously do not know that Hanuel was a fan of iKON. He just so loud, sorry about that.” She said and asked all of them to take a sit on the couch. “It’s not my first time experienced it. We all agreed that our fanboys also are something else. But I’m happy that he support us.” Donghyuk beamed.

A few moments later, Mrs Choi then called Jieun to help her in the kitchen. There were so much to do so Donghyuk, Hanbin and Song offered them some help.

“No, let her do it by herself. It’s okay. You boys just rest there.” Mrs Choi said.

“Aniya eomonim, let us help you. It’s okay.” Hanbin said while pulling his sleeves onto his arm. He smiled and took some cabbage to chop it. Mrs Choi did not what to do when Hanbin was already chopping it but just gladly smiled at him. Donghyuk then helped Mrs Choi, heated the pot. Song on the other hand, helped Mrs Choi in seasoning the soup.

It was packed with people in the kitchen so Hanbin moved next to Jieun at the dining table. She was holding her tears as the onions smells were so strong.

“Aigoo, these onions are driving me crazy.” She sighed while sniffing painfully. Hanbin then wiped her eyes with a tissue. She startled and turned at Hanbin who was smiling at her. Jieun eyeing him, saying not now as they could know their secret relationship. Hanbin ignored her and scooted to her close slowly. While he was chopping the cabbage,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter