twenty-nine

Let's date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week of Hanbin’s comeback had finally came. The mv had been released last night and it got a lot of attention from the people and medias. Their music and concept for this comeback made people to tune in and explore more about their group. Like, finally people started to recognize this group as one of the powerful groups aside the other legends. And so, their promotion would go more and more big and even busier schedules. Meaning, phone calls, texting would be becoming lesser and their mini meet up also would be becoming less frequent that it used to be.

The thing that had been scaring Hanbin all along from the first day of their relationship were now slowly coming to a reality.

Jieun had started her shift. Her usual errands, running here and there while holding few of patient medical records and sudden emergencies were all back to normal. She was back in her whitecoat and blue scrubs, with a stethoscope hanging around her shoulder and her hair were pulled into a high ponytail. Though she looked pretty exhausted by all the duties at least, she did not have to worry anymore about Hanuel now. They were cleaned, at last and even went for a couple of lunch date along with Hara when they had time to. Hanuel was getting better, now that he oftenly went for consultation for his mental check at the hospital. He had been smiling more and looked just like the Hanuel when she first saw him at their high school.

Her tasks became double the work as Seojun was still on leave. He still had to settle few things for her wife and the twins before he finally got back to work again. Being a father of two at a young age like him was was tough but he enjoyed it so far. The moment the twins were born, he was the first person to cry in happiness. It was not his wife it was him. Practically, it was kind of embarrassing since he also wailed himself more in the labour room. He also felt bad for leaving all alone in there so he sent lots of picture of the twins to cheer them up. They were really adorable and endearing. It was a bless that they had both a girl and a boy as their twins. After a while, Seojun and Sohee had finally got their names for the twins; Lee Yoongi and Lee YoonHa. She could not stop making those cute squeaky voices whenever she took a look at the photos. They were too irresistible cute.

She was too focused looking at her phone, not knowing what was ahead her and then, without warning she bumped her head lightly on Jae’s arm. He flinched when he felt that and surprised to see her. He thought she was still doing her rounds with the patients since Seojun was not around.

“Uh, I’m sorry.” She rubbed her head.

They were standing in front of a vending machince as Jae been standing there for the last 5 minutes and still wondering what should he buy.

“Are you okay? Shouldn’t you have like two rounds more to go?” He continued to rubbed his chin, while pondering which can drink could bring down his level of fatigue.

“I’m still waiting for their blood results, so I got time to chill now.” She looked at him who was lost in thoughts and blinking rapidly on the wall of the machine.

Why did this guy had to make a tough decision on what to pick for a can drink? He even twitched his eyes and scrunched his nose a few times. His fingers were wandering over the plastic display chamber but not even once he landed it on and pushed the button. All he could reply to her was a simple plain “Oh.”, and his mind went back on choosing the drink. It certainly looked like he was choosing a blood type that was needed for a certain patient with too many complications in his health history. It had to be really critical and analysing any possible threat that the blood might bring even it was his type of blood.

She let out a small chuckle. “You seriously think too much about your drink can, huh? What? Like, is it that crucial that which can drink can affect your mood for the whole day?” She snorted a laugh this time but Jae was not even laughing at all. Instead, his face was expressionless. Not a single crooked smile shown on his face and not even his eyes fluttering at her.

“As a matter of fact, yes. It affects my mood a lot.” He responded and finally, after all those standing, 10 minutes of solid thinking and making critical decision on his head, he had chosen his drink; apple fizz punch.

“I can’t simply go for any drinks or foods. I might have a bad indigestion and eventually could cause me to be reaching for air because my lung felt tight, something like that.”

“You have allergies?”

He sighed, and cleaned the top of the can before opening and sipping it. “Sadly, I have, tons of it actually.” His fingers then wandered back on the display chamber but this time he picked another drink and he did not even think much about it. He grabbed the can and then offered to Jieun. She was hesitated at first but then took it. A strawberry soda flavoured.

“That’s upsetting. Wished you might want to taste other food, huh?” She sipped the soda while they both walked to a bench near there.

Jae was in his usual whitecoat and pens located in the pocket. His hair was set in simple parted slightly with some parts of it were slicked to the back. He looked cleaned with that hairstyles rather than his bangs hanging and covering his forehead. Plus, he looked more mature and masculine with this type of hairstyles. Maybe his forehead was the main highlight for today’s look. And thanks to the lighting there, his eyes were flickering, revealing his dark brownish coloured inside. Jieun then realized his eyes were small and had monolid. His lashes were not particularly long but it was enough to see when you took a closer look. And under those lights, his pupils were somewhat dilated and it expanded more when his eyes landed on hers.

“Yeah, but that’s okay. I got my meds so I’m good. Having allergies so bad but heck it, I can manage that. If, I take my meds.” He emphasized on the word if, while throwing his pointing finger to the air. Then, continued back on sipping his drink. He looked enjoyable when savouring the liquid.

“Right. Good to know you are healthy enough now.” She said.

He let out an airy little laugh and Jieun thought that was some contagious thing that she would really want to hear again.

“So, have you talk about Hanuel with your boyfriend?” He tried to make a conversation. She looked up to him. Feeling somewhat heavy and dejected since she had not been able to talk it to.

“Uh, I haven’t. I don’t how to. He didn’t like it much that I try to bring up about Hanuel and stuffs. He even dogded the question or try to find something else to talk to.” Her fingers were squirming around the can.

“Well, you gotta find some ways to eventually talk it out. I mean, you don’t want to ruin your relationship, right?” She slowly nodded, seemingly unsure of what she would do. She looked all fidgety suddenly.

“I know relationship its not all about apple pie and cotton candy. Rough things will happen and you guys just gotta go through it. You have to trust each other whenever that time comes. Because, those waves aren’t that nice to let you slide away easily.” She knew what he was trying to say and as much as she hated to hear it, she needed to hear that. And trust? Did they really trust each other? Did Hanbin trust her? Scepticism washed her mind, hard that she began to worry, if did he really trust her from the beginning.

Jae saw the look of her eyes, how she was feeling uneasy and jittery with all that lip bitting and sighing, and fingers shifting on her drink.

“But, hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter