Chapter eight

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Touching his hand on purpose was fun. It felt warm, soft ,hesitant.

I did see awkwardness creeping its way into him from the edges of my eyes and it confirmed that he did get teased, which I for a reason found satisfying.

Anyways, we relished the great taste of food, and shared laughter and fun facts too.

We ran along to the subways, then to a grocery store.

We didn't buy anything actually, we just had fun sitting in the carts, fooling people by acting like retards. We undoubtedly didn't behave sanely that day.

We dragged our feet back to our quarter, breathing heavily, barely having any energy left.

"So" said Jimin while panting "when will we do the sleep-over thing?"

"We still have time, don't worry." Replied the other.

Truthfully, I was excited for that night. It meant more interactions with the others, especially Tae hyung, and also the first time sleeping at someone else's house.

"Yes, but why not next week for example?" suggested Seokjin hyung.

Taehyung stared at him for a moment, then answered "Okay, next Saturday is a good date."

"Nice. I'm looking forward to it." I said, not moving my gaze from the asphalt I was walking on.

"Same~" confirmed Hoseok hyung.

 

Next morning, I regained consciousness as Yoongi hyung shook me awaken.

"Good morning." I said with a hoarse voice.

"Morning. I am going for work now. I won't be late. Just stay here with Hoseok, okay? I'll come soon."

"Wait, I want to go to work too." I claimed as I stood fully.

"No, you stay here. I won't stay much, just two hours." He said, tying his Papillion around the neck. "Jeonghan hyung wants me to be the pianist for his sister's wedding, and mentioned that he'll pay me well. There is absolutely no need for you to go for work too." He turned to the door after "Take care, don't mess with the stove, bye."

   Hoseok hyung turned to me after that.

"Hey, I'm going to work too, but I-"

"I'll go too then, it's no problem." I insisted.

"No, you're not going. We'll get enough money today if only hyung and I work, so you stay and don't go get bashed by your damned boss."

My chief was rude, skimpy. He never smiled to me, and had never talked to me gently, always nagging, unsatisfied by my efforts at work. Yoongi hyung has an elder friend as his "manager", and the other works freely.

However, Hoseok hyung convinced me.

"A-Alright..."

"But"he raised his index in the air "I can't let you here alone, I know you would play with the fire again."

I avoided his gaze and scratched the back of my head. And it's true, I love setting wooden sticks ablaze, I just enjoy the sight of the wood being absorbed, devoured gently by the flame, for it to become bigger and bigger, bit by bit.

"Um...Oh! I know where to take you!"

He wore his jacket fast, grabbed my hand and opened the door for both of us.

"W-Wait, where are you takin-"

We stopped in front of Taehyung hyung's house.

I stood in shock.

"N-No, I am not stay-"

"Come on!" he nudged me. "This is a onetime opportunity, just accept it."

He knocked at the door as he cleared his throat.

 The door got opened seconds after, for a smiling Taehyung to be in sight.

"G-Good morning."

"Good morning." we greeted back in unison.

He stepped aside from the door.

"Come inside."

"Actually, Yoongi hyung went to work, and I am going too, but Jungkook is staying alone and I am asking you kindly, could you please take care of him?"

"Hyung!"I hissed at him. "I'm not a baby, don't act like I am one."

"Come on! Don't think building your body will change the fact that you're our precious baby~!"

I rolled my eyes, feeling heat dispersing under my cheeks from the embarrassment.

Tae hyung giggled at the back, softly, soothingly.

"Yeah, he looks elder, but acts like kids!"

"Oh my gosh, not you too, please." said I dramatically.

"Aish."

"That's the truth." added Tae hyung with a giggle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter