Chapter sixteen

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter sixteen

Several days had passed, and Yoongi hyung started working at the company already.

He requested from Hoseok hyung and I to stop working, yet we refused. Both of us were fine with labouring, plus it was extra money to invest, thus we declined.

I learnt a new trick to perform on Lee-nim so that he would give me the money with no arguments ,neither him humiliating me each time I bring up the payment.

 

It was a Thursday evening, and I had already finished transporting the chandeliers into the store.

There were some customers inside the place already, and that was my opportunity to take the payment.

I went towards the old man. "Lee-nim, I finished my work and would like to have the payment before I go."

He glared at me, then  said "Just a second, please."

I kept waiting, praying for him to give me the money before the customers would leave us alone. He gave it to me eventually, few seconds before the depart of the clients, but told me to stay for a chat.

After that, only Lee-nim and I were in the shop.

He stood up, then uttered with rage "Yah! Did you think that you can fool me for this long?!" He approached me. "I've known you for five freaking years, boy. Yet you've never been this rebellious before." He started laughing in mockery, whilst I just looked at him numbly. Suddenly, he grabbed my pullover's collar, forcefully "I say I don't have money, yet you insist on making me embarrassed in front of the customers, when you should shut your mouth and get out instead!"

I couldn't bear it  anymore, but I didn't want to cause problems either. But apparently, problems were the ones seeking me.

"Get your filthy hands off me."

He gave me a surprised look. "You should be trembling  when an elder screams at you, but apparently the bit of politeness you used to have had vanished. How do you even dare, you little shi-"

As he was blabbering, I threw the money he gave me straight on his face.

I tried my hardest to stay calm before me saying my last ever words to him "You should stop acting with such false pride and looking to people as slaves to you. The only that I have ever been truly disgusted of is you."

I turned around, went out of the place and have never stepped feet in it again. Such mobs shouldn't be respected, neither stayed with, especially if you belong to a social category beneath them.

I knew my eyes feared longing to the chandeliers' phenomenal sight, but what could I do? I didn't want my dignity to get any lower. Plus Yoongi hyung already had requested from us to stop working, so it's fine, right?

I walked to the bus stop spot, slowly, steadily, then sat on one of the empty chairs after putting my bag on the one next to it.

It was cold, the night's zephyr moving my bangs a tad. They had grown much by that time. 'I should cut them' I thought.

I removed the hairs away from my eyes, then raised my head up for my eyes to meet the shady dark sky, dotted by glittery stars.

The sky was shrouded by clouds, the croissant above it couldn't be seen well.

Well, it was the time of the year in which the summer heat turns into winter breeze, and the complains about the warmness become those about frostiness.

My arms felt cold. I was only wearing a T-shirt after all.

I sat there, lips in, stargazing as I always would while waiting for the bus at cold winters.

 

I arrived back home, only Hoseok hyung's shoes were by the door.

He was at the shower, whilst I kept studying more, revising for the exams that were near to occur.

 

   

 

Some minutes passed, Hoseok hyung got out of the shower, and Yoongi hyung had already came back home.

We heated some water, then put it in instant Ramen cups.

 

We were waiting for the noodles to get warm.    

"Hyungs, I apologize, but I..I stopped working for Lee-nim today." said I carefully.

Yoongi hyung gave me a surprised look. "You got fired?"

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter