Chapter twenty one

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty one

(5th dec)

The loss of the bracelet was unexpected, candidly.

I really took care of it as if it was a toddler, yet I somehow lost it.

Regardless, I decided to do as Kookie said.

The reason I asked him out of the five boys is because the fourth-years would have obviously teased me, and because Jungkook was the closest one to me amongst the other three ones, as I mentioned before.

However, that Wednesday, I texted Jimin hyung to have breakfast with me before going to school.

I was afraid that he would decline, but he actually did end up accepting the request.

I heard a peal on the door the next morning, and immediately opened it.

"G-good morning." I cursed the stuttering.

"Good morning." he replied as he got his shoes off and entered the kitchen.

"Cocoa puffs as always?"

"The usual."

His breakfast taste never changed; cocoa puffs with strawberry milk. I had never really known the reason that drove him to try such a weird combination at the first place, but I never judge either.

I got myself the same cereal with plain milk, and put an orange basket, and started eating together.

"Jiminie"

"Hm" he responded, eyes still glued on the bowl before him.

"About the b-bracelet..I really cherished it, made it one of my first priorities; I would take it off before showers, while changing, I even dedicated a box just for it...I considered the possibility of Eungo-ah getting it off of my wrist as I was sleeping, b-but discarded the thought. I searched the whole house for it each time I did the cleaning; meaning four times. Of course, it was really important to me, but I can't watch it even in my sleep, Jimin hyung.."

The boy only chewed on the cereal, then grabbed an orange and started peeling it.

"It's alright" he finally said before putting a wedge of the fruit in his mouth "but you will get no more bracelets from me. Who knows, maybe Eungo-ah is actually an accessory thief."

I chuckled, feeling the tension between us getting way less built-up.

 

On that day's lunch, Top approached our table slowly, with no one with him.

"Um, hi Namjoon, Yoongi, everybody." we greeted him back. "Well, I passed by and I thought 'why not sit with them?' so, I hope that you won't mind." he said with a friendly smile that I didn't see much on his lips, only few times when Namjoon hyung would talk to him."

"Sure! Come here." approved Namjoon hyung as he pat the vacant place next to his right.

We spent a mild lunch, exchanging informations with the latter and only then did I realise that he wasn't fully a bad guy. The image of "The feared bully Top" was changing bit by bit into a normal person's one.

He was actually in the same class as Namjoon and Seokjin, but wasn't as intelligent, because of his negligence, obviously.

He informed us that he's interested in psychology.

"I am the same too!" admitted Yoongi hyung. "I even read a psychology book once, and I got drawn fully into the world of human-communication candidly."

"So do you know when someone is mad at you or wants to talk to you, or things like that?" asked the eldest.

"Indeed. But I am nothing near an expert, yet if I wasn't going to be a rapper, I would have chosen to become a psychiatric."

I hummed in amazement. I have always thought that psychology is indeed interesting; it informs one a bit more about their brain, the right way to converse with each other, the correct method to forget about one's chagrins and melancholy. It's a whole kind of science, and I like it, for I am interested fully in science generally. 

"That is undeniably a power." said Top.

"I tried reading the book once, but it was too complicated. Yoongi hyung really is a genius." uttered Hoseok hyung.

"How did y-you get it, anyways?" asked Jimin hyung who, for a reason, seemed a tad uncomfortable.

"My previous boss gifted it to me when I turned sixteen."

"Cool~"

The next day, Jimin hyung clung to me more than usual, which made me content, yet when we were walking in the hall at recess, Yoongi hyung, Jungkook and Hoseok hyung approached us.

"Hey lovebirds~ you forgot about us!" I mimicked the charming smile on Hoseok's face.

"Sorry, science lessons filled a huge space in my brain that I am so unfocused."

"Yeah, yeah, however, so how much did you get as a grade?" asked Jungkook-ah.

"16,5. I really am satisfied, although the lessons were too long and complicated to take in." whined I.

"At least the effort you put in didn't go as waste like mine." said the older with a displeased pout.

"Well, I can't relate." uttered the younger before passing his hand through his dark hair slickly. "16,75"

"Jungkook-ah, you've always said that my name is nice, why don't we exchange yours for mine just for exams? Please??"

The other chuckled arrogantly at him. "Nope."

"Ugh, you boorish kid."

I laughed at the miniature argument the two males were having, and radically forgot about Jimin hyung who was dragged farther from us with Yoongi hyung.

"Why are you not joined along with us?" asked I as I went towards them.

"O-oh, we, uhm-"

"We got distracted, sorry" said the other while scratching his nape.

"Oh, it's okay." said Hoseok hyung. "What were you talking about anyways?"

Silence overwhelmed the air while we waited for the answer.

"I just thought that Jimin-ah was avoiding me for the past hours, so I wanted an explanation."  I frowned at the statement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter