Chapter twenty seven

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty seven

Jungkook left me lonesome, saying that the other two commended him to go back, and so did he, which made me feel bored after that.

The night was spent serenely, merely exchanging breaths and heats, having small talks here and there, me trying my hardest not to cry because of Jimin hyung.

Frankly, I felt way better after the chat with the younger, telling me to neglect Jimin and I's relationship but what could I do; one simply can't forget about someone who gave so much memories to remember.

It isn't like we spent the whole ten years we had known each other in going on dates, saying sweet nothings to each other and throwing multiple innocent kisses from time to time, but we did spend approximately six months doing those things, and the affection he showed me was doubtlessly not the way someone would treat his 'crush'.

Anyways, boredom overwhelmed me, and I felt like a good walk would be the cure for it.

I didn't even change the grey sweatpants I was wearing, and grabbed the first coat and shoes that met my eyes, then wore them in front of the exit door. As I went to the kitchen, I remembered that Eungo-ah's cushion was already ruined and dirtied, and made a note to buy a new one for him.

The contact of my skin with the cold wind made me revived again, the sadness that once ravished me was forgotten as I walked slowly, cloud-gazing, making my way to the mall.

I remembered the day Jimin and I bought the pet's bed according to his liking, which was a few weeks ago.

It was blue; to his favourite colour.

I smiled at the memory. We were laughing lazily, dragging our legs unwillingly to the store located in the centre. It was still the beginning of September, the weather was still warm and the forceful rays that were released by the sun that day were something no one would had liked. Our sticky hands were tangled, and even though it was giving us even more annoying heat, I liked it. He would generally start skin-ship, and that one was no exception.

I made my way through the halls of the mall, unconsciously smiling to myself, a lump forming at the back of my gorge.

And as if fate could hate me any bit more for taking away such a loveable person from being my lover, I saw the new..couple, Jimin smiling warmly at the other who mimicked the grin, then held his free hand as the other held a chocolate bar.

Honestly, I didn't feel happy for them in any sort, because the person who would have been holding Jimin hyung's hand should have been me, and the one who deserved to be smiled at with such adorableness was none other than me.

The curve of my lips faded, the ache in my throat got worse, and soon I was speed-walking to the place I came from, the breeze kissing    away the few droplets of water that flowed down my cheeks.

It hurt, it really hurt. The purpose of the walk wasn't accomplished, but it even made me feel worse as I saw Jimin and Yoongi having a date, right in front of my eyes, and after only a few hours of our breakup.

I went back home, head throbbing, pulse increasing a tad from the fast pace of my large steps, I tilted my head to the right while rubbing my crying eye forcefully, not wanting the salty water to come out of them any longer.

I closed the door behind me, and stood, unmoving to any limb or muscle. I kept thinking; he discarded me when he found someone better, then why wouldn't I just stop mourning over the past and live the present happily?

...I found no answer to it. My mind was too frustrated to think evenly, so I headed to my room, seeking a nap.

When I woke up, my nose was runny, and my head was still in ache.

I disregarded it, then pulled the covers off of me, and checked the time; 8 pm.

"Crap."

It was nearly sleep time, well, for regular people, and I just woke up alone at the house, only a cat by the sides of the bed I was thrown on, so I grabbed the controller on the nightstand, opened the Tv's screen, and started a gaming binge.

I didn't feel unenergetic until I saw the pastel  colour of dawn's sky, indicating me to sleep, although I couldn't, but regardless tried to.

 

The next day, I woke up at noon, the first feeling I sensed was loneliness, as always.

The runny nose didn't go away, neither did the headache.

I sighed deeply, then grabbed the phone on the stand, and noticed a missed call from Hoseok hyung.

I called back immediately, hoping for the latter to be unoccupied for the instant.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Taehyungie~ How are you doing?"

"Well, what about you, hyung?"

"Same, but I'm a tad drained out these days because the dancing crew and I keep on practicing a special performance for New year's Eve."

"Oooh, I see. Are you at work right now?"

"I am on the way there, although a tad late." I chuckled as he groaned.

"Anyways, sorry for missing your call, I was sl-"

"Don't even give me excuses, Taehyung-ah! What's more important is that we are indeed talking now."

"True." I giggled again.

"So, I called to ask you whether you are stable with Jimin-ah or not." I didn't say a thing for a moment.

"Yes, we are on good terms. It's not like I would deny our long-termed friendship because of a breakup."

"You're such a wise boy Taehyung." I smiled slightly at the compliment. "And, what about Yoongi hyung?" the words slipped his mouth carefully.

"I guess that we are fine, Jimin liking him wasn't his fault, and neither falling for him. The other is loveable, what could I say else."

"Yes, true." voices shouting Hoseok's name were heard after that. "Tae-ah, I have to go now, see you soon~ Yah, Sehun, why are you s-"

The call got disconnected then, when the elder was probably calling for one of his dance mates. It must have been a pleasure to practic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter