Chapter twenty six

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty six

Frankly, the night went precisely as planned and desired to be; Jimin played the role of the bad guy while I seemed as the good one, staying with him and wiping the tears that the older caused, being with him when the other practically abandoned him, and even buying him ice cream. It felt like a date, well a date after a heartbreak, but it wasn't really. It kept me wondering about the future, whether I would be able to actually make him mine and thus go on café dates, and spend cosy evenings together...

Yoongi hyung told me that he lied to Jimin hyung, telling him that he started liking him only a few weeks ago, and gratefully left me the chance to tell Tae hyung that I actually liked him since the beginning.

Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung, along with Hoseok hyung, knew about the breakup when they met Yoongi hyung comforting Jimin hyung in front of the class where everything happened.

When we got back home, Yoongi hyung kept texting his new boyfriend, and consoled him even more.

We sort of celebrated our miniature victory at the flat, ticking the successfully done step and writing the next one; Showing care and support towards Taehyung.

 

To be honest, seeing the other crying was so.. hurtful, making me feel lenient even more to him, wanting to protect him from anything and everything that would possibly cause him the slightest distress. I will not deny that even my eyes watered at the awful sight. The boy was too fragile, too delicate that no person would mind looking after him.

 

Christmas came two days later, I texted the other hyungs, including Taehyung, wishing them happiness and welfare.

The latter and I didn't talk after that, but at the evening, he sent me a message telling me whether I could come over, to which I instantly responded with approval.

I got dressed, then headed to the said male's house. The door was already opened, but I still knocked, announcing my arrival.

He wasn't at the living room, so I went to the kitchen, yet didn't see him, then headed to his room.

He was sitting on the bed's edge, looking lost, his cheerful expression wasn't willing to show up on his face anytime soon. His blank eyes were avoiding mine.

I hesitated to talk. "You..aren't looking fine.."

"I know." he stated sternly, then patted the place next to him as I sat there.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Hyung, if he let you go so easily, then I guess that  you should too. He's no better than you believe me."

Silence.

"I have no other choice but to do so, yet I don't want to." he shook his head a tad. "I really don't. And it's morbidly awful to be obliged to do something you don't want to."

I sighed deeply, then turned his face towards mine with my hands.

"Taehyung, look at me." his orbs slowly moved from the ground to look meekly at mine. "You are wonderful, and your life doesn't depend on a simple breakup."

"B-but it hurts so much.." his eyes started to water, and his gaze was again away from mine.

"Taehyung hyung, if he was a fool who happened to not appreciate your affection towards him, and discarded you, then do the same to him. If he doesn't like you in a romantic way anymore then don't you still stuck to his love and distract yourself from him. I know that the memories you shared are too cherished and sweet, but if he could put them aside despite all of the care you bequeathed him, then so can you."

He did say nothing for so long, yet suddenly, he nodded once, then twice.

"You're right." he sniffed one last time before collecting himself. "I shouldn't collapse over someone who didn't even appreciate me, nor my feelings. I was foolish."

My eyes relaxed a bit, then I smiled slightly at him. "That's the spirit I want."

Although his gaze held no emotions within it, he returned the smile bitterly. "Thank you Jungkook-ah, genuinely."

"You're very welcome, hyung."

"Also, I have a question" I nodded "Did you know about..Yoongi hyung liking Jimin?" I nearly frowned at the words; how did he know about it?

"I didn't until Sunday's night. He is secretive and doesn't like to show his real feelings" I replied in a quick murmur. "How did you know?" A loud sigh enveloped the room, followed by some seconds of stillness.

"Jimin came to my house about an hour ago." Wow, I wouldn't have had the guts to do what the shorter had done if I made someone so innocent and humble cry so hard because of me. "He said that I was a simple crush, perhaps, and that the elder is his love now..."

"O-oh.."

"He came asking whether he was still my best friend, and of course he still is, but the sudden pain he made me experience was too much." he bit the inside of his cheek, noticeably unsatisfied. I kept silent, giving him full comfort to pour out his melancholy. "I mean, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter