Chapter twenty three

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty three

That Sunday, Jimin hyung and I did actually go on our usual date.

Although not much interactions happened between us, I felt relieved that the latter was still acting as usual when we would be together, alone.

 

The upcoming day, I continued on staying much with Jungkookie. Frankly, I merely felt like it.

He was fun to spend recess with, and showed that he enjoyed staying with me too.

We were walking through the resting field as I looked towards him, noticing that his hair got shorter.

"Kookie, did you get a haircut?"

"Oh, yes. How is it?" he asked as he passed his fingers through the tender locks.

"Good, as always." uttered I, eyeing him whole, including his black clothes "Jungkook-ah, why do you always wear black clothing?"

"It's my favourite colour, add to that the fact that I quite despise bright colours." that was the moment I learnt about the information for the first time.

"Oh." I paused for a second "I have never asked you about your favourite meal either."

He his lips in, brows knitting closer as he thought. "I don't have a specific favourite savoury dish, as a matter of fact."

"What about chocolate?"

"It can't be called a meal, but if it gets included, then I guess that...yeah, it is my favourite food item." he stated as he nodded. "What about you?"

"I love all elements of food." said I with a slight chuckle.

"You're not consuming much, though."

"Nah, I probably eat more than you."

He suddenly grabbed my hand and rolled my sleeve up the muscle, then put his own forearm next to mine.

"I doubt that." he smirked lightly at the sentence.

"B-but it's not my fault that your forearm looks so swollen, as if its bone is broken or something."

A laugh was heard. "I broke it once in fact." My eyes widened at the statement "My whole arm, actually. It was a work accident." I winced at the thought.

"I wish you had taken care more of yourself, Kookie, you're still a young man."

He smiled at me brightly, to which my pout shied away, then he pinched my cheek "Aren't you just adorable when you're worried about me??"

I tried to glare at him, but my eyes couldn't help curving into crescents as I giggled along with him.

A bit later, I asked something else; "You know, I have only known that you are younger but had never asked about your birthday."

"Hm, that is true. I don't really know whether it is my real birth date  or not, but in my birth certificate, it's on the 1st of September of 2000."

"Oh, mine is on 30th December of 1999."

"..that is the easiest birthday to take in." I chuckled at the comment.

"Yours isn't hard either." claimed I. "But, what about the other two?"

"Yoongi hyung is on 9th March, Hoseok hyung's on 18th February. And the rest?"

"Namjoon hyung is on 12th September, Seokjin hyung on 4th December, and Jimin hyung on 13th October."

"Oh, I hope I would remember them all."

"To be honest, same."

 

 

The next day, we somehow found ourselves talking about families and I learnt that he would indeed accept to see his parents who discarded him at the orphanage and blame them for the privation of a normal childhood. It made me feel radical sympathy for him, Hoseok and Yoongi, who all happened to be left by their parents. But, no one could have really known whether they were obliged, or just whether they did it under their own want.

  

The Kim cousins had told us the previous night that they bought new sofas for their living room five days beforehand and didn't have space to put the worn-out ones at, but when they finally made space for them at the garage, they requested from us to help them with getting the furniture set and organized.

On Wednesday's evening, we headed toward their house directly while Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung went to la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter