Chapter twenty five

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty five 

 

I was already at the gymnasium, lonesome, waiting for the other six boys to keep me company.

The place was extremely hot, despite it being winter. I supposed it was due to the lack of oxygen and the heat released from the countless bodies at the room, perhaps.

I lifted my head from the green tile in front of me, searching for anyone that I knew to stay with.

Suddenly, I saw Jungkook-ah making his way towards me, and I couldn't precise whether I was grateful or unthankful to him as he nearly made me forget how one can even inhale; his thighs were the first thing that caught my attention as their shape was even more defined in the stiff leather pants he was wearing, a tight black low-cut top hugged his narrow waist amazingly, showing the real ratio between his midsection and broad shoulders, some of his chest rudely intriguing to the eyes ,and a blazer of the same colour layered on it. For the first time, I had seen his hair well-combed, some of the black locks still stuck out nonetheless. His features looked natural as always, and his face was fair as a baby's.

"Hey~" he said as he side-hugged me.

"Hi. I've been waiting for any one of you to show up." but definitely not for a Jungkook looking as if five years of maturity was added to his aura. "Anyways, I was going to search for Jimin-"

"I came with him and Yoongi hyung, they must come shortly after to the gym."I lifted my head with an 'o' shaped mouth. "So what have you been doing by yourself?"

"Waiting, obviously." said I in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm sorry we came late, really."

I just waved my hand at him. "It's fine. But where are the other three? My phone went out of battery and I found no way to call any of you."

"Oh, Hoseok hyung asked the Kim cousins to pick him up from work." uttered he with a shrug.

"Work?" I frowned "Why would he work on a Sunday?"

"They had a special performance, I guess."

I nodded to the latter who kept looking at the dance floor.

"Taetae hyung, I am so bored. Would you like to dance?"

"Sure." I said, my mind wandering to think about Jimin hyung and wishing for him to come soon.

Nonetheless, we stepped on the huge black square, which was the dancing area, where numerous teenagers kept moving their bodies energetically. Some were good at what they were doing, and some were shaming every sort of dancing.

I started swaying smoothly to the beat of the song that was playing, Jungkook followed suit, his body moving rhythmically.

To be fair, I was enjoying my time with Jungkook who was a boy of interesting subjects to talk about. We just kept dancing amongst others, talking and chuckling together, yet I felt kind of unsettled with him at that exact night.

He didn't remind me much of Jungkook who I used to chat and play and even cook with on other basic days, because that night, he just looked so different, so mature, the slight expose of chest skin was making me sweat even more, and his charming side smile was doing tricks to my eyes, but then I remembered Jimin hyung. I remembered how excited I was to see his look, to hear his usual endless compliments, and the amount of enthusiasm I was feeling because our kiss would occur in a week. The separation of mere seven days from us and the great first kiss was driving me off of my mind for the instant, and I could do nothing but to have so much anticipation for it.

I turned towards the younger as I stopped daydreaming. "Jungkookie, let's go search for the other two, didn't they take too long?"

The other only shrugged "They must have seen someone they know on the way here, don't worry, they will eventually come."

Suddenly, the music changed from a wild and loud song, to a calm, romantic rhythm.

I quickly looked at the latter. "Th-this is not for us, let's just go back and si-"

"Don't be shy, Taehyung hyung, we're here to have fun, and so will we." He showed that stupid side smile of his that got a nod from me almost instantly, yet was uncomfortable; but thankfully no one really cared about us, two males, dancing to a romantic song closely. It wasn't like we were touching each other, neither extremely near each other, but I would still find it weird.

 

Around three other songs played later, yet Jimin hyung still didn't show up with Yoongi hyung which got me  worried enough.

"J-Jungkook, we really should go search for the other two."

The music was too loud, but still noticed a sigh escaping the other's lips.

"Alright, let's go."

 

We exited the gym, sounds from the speakers fading by each step we took away from it. I wondered my eyes over the walls, seeing posters and extracts hung on them.  Only then did I remember the quote that the younger left for me two days ahead, and considered thanking him.

"Jungkookie,"he diverted his look from the tiles we were walking on "I forgot to thank you about the quote you wrote for me. It was touching."

"Oh really?" his face enlightened at the sentence "Did it please you?"

"Much."

We chuckled a bit, but then, I saw Jimin hyung and Yoongi hyung appearing from behind a bend.

He was looking as handsome as always; fare skin ,a tad red , his beautiful eyes had a bit of eye-liner at their corners, he had probably put some drops of gloss on his lips which made him look even more stunning. The outfit was simple, compared to other ones, yet the contrasting colours of black and white made his aura more graceful than usual. As I saw the two boys, I sighed in relief  that didn't last for long.

"Jiminie~" the other didn't meet my gaze even at the mention of the nickname, to my bewilderment. "Jiminie, is everything ok-"

"Taehyung." the stern note of his voice made me stiff. "I...I-I'm sorry but we aren't working out.."

Even though I understood the meaning of the sentence that had escaped the other's mouth so cruelly, and monstrously, I frowned. "What do you mean?"

He stood silent, none of the other two males moved a limb, and then did the realization hit me hard, way harder than I could ever bear.

My eyes were watering.

"B-but Jimin hyung, what made you sa-"

"I just can't be with you anymore."

The harsh words said by such a lovely voice made my heart ache even more. I wanted to think about nothing; I just went to the bathroom, running, not acknowledging the voices calling me from behind my back that was stabbed mercilessly by the boy that I had loved for so long, the boy that had been my dearest friend for as long as I could remember my heart beating.

I slammed the door open, then shut it, then felt myself falling to my knees as if they were made of jelly.

"It couldn't be true." I thought. "Why would he break up with me when I did nothing wrong? All of those moments I suspected him to get away from me bit by bit weren't false then..but I did nothing inappropria

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter