Chapter nineteen

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter nineteen. (18 nov)

The date with Jimin hyung didn't go as much as wanted; he kept being mad at me for the way I talked to him after the maths exam, and even more enraged when he knew that Jungkook stayed with me for a whole Sunday. Well, I didn't want him to know about it in the first place, but I couldn't handle him making me envious towards Yoongi hyung.

In fact, that was when the other started being troublesome.

We were sitting on one of the park's benches, lollipops in our hands. I asked him casually about his day.

"It was normal, although something significant happened yesterday." he responded, to which I nodded in curiosity. "Yoongi hyung had an argument with the other two." It definitely was unexpected. "I didn't want to be too interfering, and didn't ask for any details, but instead told him to talk to them when he goes back home."

"What do you mean by 'goes back home' ?" I asked.

"Oh, they actually sacked him out of their shared flat."

"So where did he sleep last night?" a hint of worry could be heard in my voice.

"He slept at my house."

My facial expression changed immediately, yet didn't want it to be too noticeable. Apparently, it ended up being  obvious.

"Oh, really? You must have had tons of fun."

"Well, it wasn't exactly 'fun', it was rather interesting." he replied "We talked much, and also played video games for a tad."

"Oh, I did that too when Jungkook-ah came to my hou-" I wanted vengeance so bad that I had totally forgotten that Jimin didn't even know about the thing.

He turned his head forcefully towards my direction. "Oh, well you didn't tell me about that. When did it happen??"

"I-it happened the last Sunday, but he came for a-"

"You obviously preferred staying with him rather than going out with me, on a freaking Sunday."

I felt a bit of guilt, but didn't give up on winning the argument. "Don't you forget, you have never requested from me, your best friend for ten years, to sleep at your house. Yet you invited Yoongi, someone who you knew some weeks ago."

His face got painted by a deep shade of crimson. "N-no, I didn't te-"

"I don't need excuses, Jiminie." I said, my only aim saving my own self. " What has been done is done, I just want to take pleasure in staying with you, merely."

He looked at me for a tad, then uttered "I agree. I just felt a little betrayed when you chose staying with Jungkook-ah over spending the day with me, although you told me that you were occupied."

I cupped his small head with my large hands, appreciating the jealousy he had. "I know, but he's also a friend, an-"

"Taehyung-ah, I am your best friend." he said, emphasizing on the last two words.

"Even so, I should have some time to stay with my other comrades, but you know very well that you are triumphant of the first place."

He tried to, but couldn't hold a lovable smile that formed on his lips, and the crescents his eyes got shaped into.

I smiled back with as much sweetness.

 

The next day was a school day.

We gathered to go altogether to school. Although, there was a kind of intensity roaming in the air as we walked silently towards our destination.

I sat next to Jungkook, as always.

Thankfully, we were informed that Mrs Kim will arrive late, as usual.

I turned towards Jungkook.

"Um, Jimin hyung told me that you and Hoseok hyung quarrelled with Yoongi hyung. I was wandering if everything is alright between you for the instant." I said, trying as much as probable not to sound nosy.

He just waved his hand. "We're on good terms again."

I nodded, then added "What drove you to fight in the first place? I hope it's not a major matter."

He gave me a slight smile, then responded. "It's nothing your adorable face should frown upon."

At the earshot of what he said, my cheeks felt instantly heated, and I looked away awkwardly, trying not to seem weird.

Nevertheless, I heard giggling coming from my right side, followed by a gentle ruffle to my hair.

I was too shy to turn towards him.

"You look even cuter when embarrassed." I got even more embarrassed.

The giggle was replaced by laughter.

"You are so easy to tease." I side-glared to him. "I was joking hyung, don't get mad." I pressed my lips in a thin line.

"Whatever" mumbled I rapidly.

Mrs Kim didn't come as late as we anticipated her to, fortunately.

With frankness, I felt like the younger a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter