Chapter thirty seven

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirty seven
“Good morning!”
“Good morning, Taehyung-ah!” replied my parents in unison.
“Did you give Eungo-ah his food?” asked I as I patted the said cat who sat on one of the kitchen’s chairs.
“I did, don’t worry.” I nodded at dad with a smile.
“Taehyung-ah, are you having the usual?”
“Yes, mom.” In a few minutes, she sat along with dad and I to the table, after putting a cup of milk and jam toast in front of me.
“Oh, we still didn’t talk about your studies! Are your grades alright?” said dad, before placing the newspaper on his lap and taking a sip of his coffee.
“As regular. Although I improved at maths.”
“That’s good.” Commented mother as she peeled an apple for me. Well, it had been a while by then since I didn’t have one without its skin since I was too lazy to take time and peel it. It wouldn’t have come out like mom’s either way, and I appreciated it much.
I missed both of them much; very. Parents are such a bless that I cherish much, and I found such solace in their return; I was finally able to feel their embraces, to have random conversations with them, to joke around together, to say goodnights and good mornings to each other, and to merely be in their companionship.
“Jungkookie helped me.” They nodded in understanding.
“It’s quite impressive from a boy at his age to understand his seniors’ lessons, even if he studies with them.” Dad hummed in agreement.
“I know.” An unnoticeable smile made its way on my lips. Jungkook-ah would have been joyful, as he seemed to have gained my parents’ approval to him as an individual.
I had my last wedge of fruit along with a gulp of milk before standing up.
“Going already?”
“It’s time.” I kissed each one goodbye before waving at them with a warm smile mimicking theirs, then exited the house.
“Here he is!”
“Good morning is a better greeting.” There started the usual quarrels.
“Both are fine, hyungs, don’t set each other on fire.” For once, someone else prevented things from escalading; Hoseok hyung.
Namjoon hyung only shook his hand. “Alright alright, good morning, now let’s go to school.” I chuckled before joining them, particularly nearing Jungkookie in the process.
“Hey.”
“Hey.” His hand s around my waist as he breathily replied.
He really had to refrain a bit from those contacts in public, but I couldn’t complain either.
“I have good news.”
“Oh really?” I nodded.
“You seem to have already had a good impression on them.” His eyes widened, so did his mouth.
“Are you serious?” he put a hand on his cheek “I feel flustered.” I giggled at him.
“You should be able to meet them again in a few days, right?” 
“U-um,” he paused, lips pressed together “I need a bit more time, please bear with me.” 
“Kookie, your distress is pointless, believe me.”
“What are you two talking about?” asked Jimin hyung.
“I am encouraging him to meet my parents again.” Although, I lacked bravery myself. But as I said to him, there was no need to worry.
Seokjin hyung lifted his head with an ‘o’ shaped mouth “Mr and Mrs Kim are very hospitable and empathetic, it would be fine to tell them about your current status.” The others nodded.
“It’s natural for him to be vacillating,” said Yoongi hyung before looking to the sky “like someone I know.”
“Y-Yoongi hyung, what do you mean?!” we laughed at the two.
“But it will eventually happen, it is inevitable.” 
“That’s true, Hoseok hyung.” Agreed I.
Jungkook took a deep breath.
“Alright, I understand, but I need a few days, even a week is fine.” I beamed at his declaration.
“Stay truthful to your words.” He looked away.
“As you say.”

Night time came by then. 
Body cozily laid between the mattress of my bed and the coverlet, Eungo-ah playing with a hand as the other held my phone.
I texted Jungkook.
‘Sorry because I didn’t invite you this evening too. It’s exams period and my parents wouldn’t be satisfied if they were to see me playing with you.’
‘Of course, I don’t want any conflicts to happen between you.’ I appreciated his consideration.
‘Although, I did convince them yesterday about us spending the day together, under the excuse of studying.’
‘Okay, but we have to study either way.’ I pouted.
‘They wouldn’t know if we didn’t.’ I wanted to have fun, rather than revising.
‘It’s for the best, believe me.’ Unwillingly, I approved.
‘Alright then. Come as early as you can tomorrow.’
‘For sure~’
“Dinner is ready, Taehyungie!” said mother as she stood in front of my room.
‘I have to go. Goodnight.’
‘Goodnight Taetae hyung.’

My parents stayed home for the following day.
They took a week of vacation from work, considering that they drained themselves at the states.  
“Taehyung-ah.” I was awaken by the sound of mom’s calling and shuffling sounds.
By eyes got nearly blinded by the light emitting through the window’s glass.
“Good morning.” Said I sluggishly, hand rubbing my eyes.
“Good morning.” I sat properly on the bed. “Your friend came, he’s waiting in the living room.” My eyes widened at that.
“I-is dad there?” she nodded.
“Of course! He wouldn’t leave the boy unwelcomed.”  I nodded quickly before going down to the said room. And I was certain that Jungkook would have been way better without dad keeping him company, for obvious reasons.
I hurried as much as I could. And at the moment I entered the living room, I saw no one. Befuddlement struck me.
I went to the next room to search for them, which was the kitchen.
And to my bewilderment, I found the two males laughing together, the younger’s face scarlet red as he shrank into the chair he sat on. Father noticed me eventually, and so did Jungkook-ah, to which his face seemed to relax a tad.
“Good morning, young man.”
“Good morning.” Replied I as I high-fived my dad.
“Your friend Jungkook appeared to not have had breakfast, so I gave him chocolate spread and toast. But he wouldn’t accept my offer for a coffee though.”
“I-I don’t drink coffee, sir, that’s why.” The elder raised his head with an ‘o’ shaped mouth.
“You have a point. Too much caffeine can be harmful.” We chuckled a bit.
“So,” I looked at the embarrassed Jungkook, whose eyes plead for mercy. “do you want to take the toast with you and go to my room.” He instantly nodded, hair bouncing a tad in the process.
“Sure.”
“Are you already going to revise?” asked mom as she came from behind us.
“Yeah.” Responded the other. “Th-the earlier the better.” Both of my parents smiled at us lightly.
“That’s pretty reassuring.” Dad nodded in agreement “Jimin and the Kim cousins never seem to have interest in studying when reunited, so it really is great to see Taehyung-ah having a study partner.”
“Th-thank you.” He surprisingly stuttered too much, which I deemed as natural, since he was being complimented. Their words, on the other hand, assured me that Jungkook truthfully was to their liking.
“Okay then, work hard!”
We nodded at her, previous to heading back to the second storey.
At the moment I closed the door in, Jungkook put the plate on the desk with an unsteady hand and sat on one of the chairs.
“Gosh, how did I even survive?” I chuckled at the exaggeration.
“It wasn’t so bad.” He shook his head.
“I was left alone with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter