Chapter thirteen

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirteen.

It was the 10th of October, a Wednesday.

It meant that there were only three days parting us from Jimin's birthday.

Of course we had planned it already two day beforehand to be on Saturday the 13th, manifested in a simple hang out.

That day, we were on our way to the canteen as we saw an assemblage of students, checking something on the wall.

We looked at each other in puzzlement, then went to investigate for ourselves.

I tried to squeeze myself as close as possible to the wall, for my eyes to see an announcement paper on it. It read 'Rap competition on 21st October'.

We went back away from the group of people, then Namjoon hyung said "Rap competition, huh?"

"Singing and art competitions  have occurred, but this is something fully new." confirmed I.

"Maybe Namjoon-ah would like to participate? It's stated that the winner will get a chance to automatically audition for a company."

"Seokjin hyung, you all know that I rap and compose just for pure pleasure. I don't want to get involved in this sort of things."

"That's a shame. I want to hear you rap, your deep voice is so suitable." commented Hoseok hyung.

"It's not a shame at all, you will hear it indeed! I will rap on Jimin's birthday."

"Ooow, thank you~"

After that, Jungkook turned to Yoongi hyung. "What about you hyung?"  

"...I..don't know." replied the latter briefly.

"Wait, you rap too?!" exclaimed Jimin and I at the same time.

"Well, yes I do."

"He also composes songs and plays piano skilfully."

We all looked at him in appreciation.

"No wonder why you have a cool impression." stated Seokjin hyung.

"Both of us should rap on Jimin's birthday, right?"

"Yeah, it would be a pleasure" responded the blond with a smile.

"Wow, my birthday will be a concert."

"That you will have to pay for." uttered Yoongi ubruptly.

We laughed together, previous to me asking "So, are you participating or not?"

"I really don't want to let the prize slip from my hands. Winning the contest would be the start for a good future."

We all nodded, valuing the amount of hope and ambition Yoongi hyung has.

 

However, Saturday came , we gathered at the park next to the mall at the evening.

We messed around like always, had fun as every time, and eventually got tired from moving a lot. Thus, we sat on the grass, respiring heavily.

"Hey, you two promised me to rap for me, remember?" said Jimin while pointing at Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung.

"Okay then, who starts?" replied Namjoon hyung.

"I'll go after you."

He then began , with the same hand position and facial expression he would do whenever he raps. He is really talented, fast at saying words and good at composing lyrics.

We clapped for him, then turned towards Yoongi hyung.

 The latter started demonstrating his talent, skillfully rapping words with deep meanings. You could sense the passion he had for this art, and the amount of focus he had whilst performing. He was faster than Namjoon hyung to be frank, but still both of them had marvellous talents.

Suddenly, Hoseok hyung stood up and started dancing comfortably to the beat of the rap. Then, Namjoon decided to beat-box to make the atmosphere even more delightful. The dancer stopped for a second to pull Jimin hyung t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter