Ten - What The Hell Is Wrong With You?!

Before The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun's POV

"I am so excited for our next project. It will be our 2nd full album, and I will also be having a solo song. I wonder what kind of song Jungyeop hyung will give me." I said to myself.

When our members visited Sungkyu hyung this morning, they all told me to go home to have a proper sleep. I am so thankful for them. They know me too well. They know that I couldn't sleep well not unless I am sleeping on my bed. Wahhh! I really miss my bed. Anyway surprisingly, I was okay last night. The only reason that I wasn't able to sleep well was because Sungkyu hyung was so talkative last night. We talked about a lot of things. He told me how much he misses his parents, and his noona, Ji Eun. He also mentioned about his fears as a singer, as well as his struggles as INFINITE's leader. He told me that sometimes he feels that he is somewhat lacking, and that he is not doing his best for us. He always worry about each one of us, and he gets hurt everytime something happens to us.

Part of me is happy that he shares those kinds of things with me, but another part of me worries about him. I so feel bad everytime he thinks that way. I can't say anything bad about Sungkyu hyung. He had been so supportive with everything we do. We all felt that he is our older brother, and not just our group's leader. He became our leader not just because he is the oldest among us, but it is because of his ability to lead us.

I remembered there was a time when SUNGYEOL decided to quit INFINITE, and left the dorm. We just came from our practice when we all panicked when we saw that his closets were empty, and all his things were gone. We thought there was a burglar. Everyone looked for him everywhere. We didn't stop, especially Sungkyu hyung. He didn't stop looking until he found him. Luckily, his brother, Daeyeol called him, and said that he was at home. Right after the call, he told us to continue practicing because he needed to go, and talk to Sungyeol. I didn't let him go by himself. Luckily, he allowed me to come. Actually all of us wants too, but he didn't allow us. We immediately went to Gyeonggi-do, Yeollie's hometown. When we get there, we immediately went to his room, and hyung talked to him. Sungkyu hyung tried his best to convince him to go back to the dorm, and luckily, he listened.

If Sungyeol quit that time, we won't have INFINITE's choding. We won't have the group's source of happiness because of his playful attitude.

Let me tell you about our lovable visual. 

There was also a time when MYUNGSOO was so depressed because of the dating scandal he had with his ex-girlfriend, Kim Doyeon. He was so down that time, and he got so scared that he thought of quitting the group, too. Sungkyu hyung did everything just to make him feel better. He made sure that he was always there for Myungsoo. Though most of the time he tried to push us away, hyung still made sure that he was never left alone. He comforted him as he cried his heart out. He listened to all his frustrations, and his fears until he got better.

If Myungsoo quit that time, we won't have our sweet visual. We won't have someone who will endlessly support each one of us.

There was also the time when HOYA had an injury. He got his leg injured during one of our practices, and it was Sungkyu hyung together with Dongwoo, who rushed Hoya to the nearest hospital. Despite our busy schedule, he always makes sure to accompany Hoya to his therapy sessions. I remembered how Hoya got really frustrated because he can't dance in one of our concerts. For a man who loves to dance, I can't imagine how he felt while looking at our fans. Hyung talked to him, and he tried his best to let him feel that he will always be with someone, and that he will never have to be alone. 

If Hoya quit that time, we won't have our serious, and savage dance machine. Hoya has been always the group's source of strength.

Sungkyu hyung also helped DONGWOO during the time when he got so scared because he thought that we will be disbanding. During the first year after our debut, Jungyeop hyung told us that the company was struggling already, and that we didn't have enough money to continue. We know the struggles he had just to form the group. He even sold his house, and lived with us in a dorm. During that time, it was Dongwoo who was the most affected among us because of what happened. He almost gave up, but Sungkyu hyung assured him that it will never happen. Hyung didn't give up on our dream for he knows how passionate we all are with what we are doing. He said instead of giving up, we should be encouraged to just do our best. He told us not to think about it, and just enjoy what we are doing on stage.

If Dongwoo quit that time, we won't have our mood maker. Dongwoo is like our mom in the group. He is the group's source of happiness, and our endless laughter.

Our maknae SUNGJONG often feels bad because people always questions his ual preference. People always ask him if it's true that he is gay. There was a time when he got really frustrated about it. He told us that he will just quit because the issue was already affecting our group's popularity. Sungkyu hyung stopped him. He told him to stop listening to what other people are saying, and just focus on his happiness. He should not be dealing with those negative things, and he should also stop proving to other people how manly he is. besides, he is just a teenager. He even encouraged him to be himself. We all supported our maknae, and ever since that day, I have never seen Sungjong so happy. Well, except when we had our first win of course. He felt so happy because he knows that whatever happens, someone will always be there for him, to love him, support him and believe in him.

If Sungjong quit that time, we won't have such a sweet maknae. Sungjong maybe the youngest among us, but he already proved his worth in the group.

Lastly, there is me.

Hyung helped me a lot in so many ways that you could imagine. He is my own source of strength. He is like the gravity that keeps both of my feet firmly on the ground. Whenever I feel bad, he is always there beside me. He has always been there through all my ups and downs. Believe it or not, I have a very low self-esteem. I always doubt my skills, and I always feel like I am not good enough for anyone. I guess that's why one of my fears includes INSPIRITS leaving us one by one. There was a time when I felt really depressed that I couldn't let myself leave our room for a whole week. He got so really angry at me because of that incident. I couldn't remember where that fear started. I just felt everyone was going to leave me, even our members. He forced me out of our room that day so that we could talk. He explained that he was not actually angry at me, but he was angry at what I did. He just wanted to bring me back to my senses. I feel really blessed to have him all throughout the sad phases in my life.

Sungkyu hyung had sacrificed a lot of things for us, for s, for INFINITE. You will always see us teasing him on our reality shows, especially whenever we are in Weekly Idol, but we all love him so much. You can also hear us always complaining because he is too strict with us, but we know so well that what he is just doing these things for us. He is indeed a great leader. If Sungkyu hyung quit during our debut year, we wouldn't last for a long time. I think we would have disbanded a long time ago. I couldn't imagine having a different leader. I couldn't even myself being the leader. That would be so chaotic! INFINITE won't be where we are right now, if not for him guiding us. He is not just a leader, he is our hyung, our brother, our Appa!

Thinking of those things makes me happy. I am really glad that Jungyeop hyung choose him to be our leader. You might be thinking hyung will of course choose him because he is the oldest among us. But I will tell you that's not the case, because he has indeed great leadership skills. I wish I could do something to make him feel appreciated, too.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head.

Aha! I know what to do! I will cook something for him. I will make one of his favorite food. I will make samgyetang, so that his body would recover quickly.

I went to the kitchen quickly to check if we have all the ingredients that I needed for the dish. Luckily, it's all there, so I didn't have to go to the convenient store anymore. Once I got everything ready, I started cutting all the ingredients.

I was so into cooking that I didn't notice that someone was already beside me.

"What are you cooking, hyung?!" he asked.

"Ahhhh..." I shouted. I was so startled that I almost dropped the knife that I was using.

I looked at who is it. It was L, or was it Myungsoo?! Hahaha. Wait! They are just one person.

One by one Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong rushed to the kitchen. "What happened?" Sungjong asked as he was the first to reach the kitchen.

Myungsoo instantly covered his ears. "Hyung!!! What's your problem? I think my eardrums were shattered." he shouted at me.

"Yah! You frightened me." I said as I was holding my chest. My heart was beating so fast. It was as if I joined a marathon. "I didn't notice you were there. Yah! You better not do that again. Can't you see what am I holding? What if I accidentally stabbed you?" I threatened him.

I looked at them one by one.

Chakaman! Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong!

I noticed that they were all here in the dorm. Who is with Sungkyu hyung now? Aishh, these kids. I told them not to leave him all by himself.

"Wait! What are you all doing here?" I asked.

It seems like they didn't want to answer me. They were all busy looking at their feet or somewhere else.

"You don't want to answer? Well, no dinner for all of you." I smirked at them.

"Hyung!!! Jebal!" Sungyeol said with pleading eyes.

"Okay, then answer me. Why are you all here? Who is with Sungkyu hyung? Who told you to leave him by himself?" I demanded.

"Hyung, one question at a time." Myungsoo said unknowingly showing his aegyo.

Dongwoo went near me as he put his arms around my shoulders, "We are all here because Sungkyu hyung wants to say something to you. He said that he missed having some home-cooked meals, and he specifically ordered us to tell you that he wants to eat something that you made." he said.

Hoya went to my side and motioned me to sit. "He asked us..."

"Hmmm... Well, actually demanded should be the correct word to use." Sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter