Twenty Three - The Night Before the Audition

Before The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyena's POV

Uncle Jungyeop just left a few minutes ago. He needed to do a lot of things tonight, so I told him to leave me here in the Practice Room and I guess I will just have to wait for Myungsoo Oppa.

Why am I here?

Actually, I will be going for an audition tomorrow for Woollim Entertainment. Well, they somewhat forced me to do that. They were teasing me all night about it, so I just said yes without even thinking much about it. Luckily, I am very fond of singing and dancing, so I don't have to worry too much about the audition. Well, I do dance and sing in school recitals and also whenever my professors ask me to do it. My grades will be affected if I don't do it, so I don't have any other choice but to comply to them.

I guess to make things easier for me tomorrow, I will just choose the things that I usually do. As I told you before, I really like INFINITE and I always do covers of their songs. I don't let anyone else see it, not even my father. Only my mom knows about it for sometimes she helps me in filming my dance covers.

Name any INFINITE song, and I could dance to it. Actually their choreography is quite difficult for girls, but since I am quite flexible, I can dance to any of it. I can even do the Scorpion Dance.

Right now, I haven't thought about the routine that I will do. Well, I guess I need to prepare two performances. 

Let's see! 

I can probably sing the song Fixed Stars. I know its' chords very well because I really like that song. In fact, that's one of my favorite songs. I could do an acapella version or better yet, I could use a piano. As for a dance performance, I could dance to the song, Before The Dawn.

Why are they all INFINITE songs? 

Well, aside from the fact that I really like them, I only know their songs. I don't usually listen to other idols' music. 

I went to the bathroom to change my clothes. Luckily, Uncle Jungyeop gave me some a while ago. After a few minutes, I went out to look for the audio files that I will be using. Woollim's Practice Room has everything that I need. CDs, speakers, players, name it and they surely have it. I don't have to ask for someone's assistance.

       

I looked for the song file that I need and luckily, I found them right away. I tried to do stretching first, so that I wouldn't be sore after this. I still need to perform tomorrow.

I prepared everything in just 5 minutes. Once done, I loaded the song file on the player and pushed the play button. I started dancing when the music started, and I am happy that my body can still remember the dance steps vividly.

I was already panting when the song stopped. It's been a while since I last did this dance. I was about to play the song again when I heard someone clapping. I looked at the door and I noticed that someone was there. I got a bit scared because I couldn't see the person's face. It was a bit dark where he was.

I was about to get my phone to call Woohyun Oppa. His phone  number was saved as number 1 in my phone's speed dial, when the person finally spoke.

"Daebak! That was awesome!" he said as he continued clapping.

I was able to breathe freely when I recognized his voice.   

I couldn't do anything else, but smiled at him, "I didn't notice that you were there, Myungsoo Oppa." I said shyly as I sat on the floor.

He walked towards me and sat near me. He also handed me a towel and a bottle of water. "You did a great job in dancing to our song."

"Yah! Don't make fun of me, Oppa." I pushed him a little because I know that he is just teasing me. 

"I am not making fun of you. Seriously, you did great there. Not everyone can dance to that song. Even the other idols were having a difficult time doing that. How long did it take you to do the Scorpion Dance? Your form was great." he said.

"Well honestly, I think it just took me at least 2 hours to finally able to do it properly." I said as I handed him the water bottle back. 

"Chincha?! Only two hours?! Daebak!" he was so surprised with what I said.

Why? Is there something wrong with that? Did I say something wrong?

"Wae?! Wae?! Wae?!" I asked him.

"That's because you said that you were able to do it properly in only 2 hours. While among us, except from Hoya hyung who choreographed it, I think it was Sungkyu hyung who was the first one to do it correctly, and it took him at least 4 hours or so." he said.

"Heol! You're kidding me!" I told him.

He firmly shook his head. I guess he was serious, but I couldn't believe it.

"I watched your choreography video several times in order for me to learn how to do it correctly." I said.

"You really are something, Hyena. Honestly, I think it took me quite some time to do it properly, too." he told me.

"Stop pulling my leg, Oppa!" I told him.

He went near me and said, "I said I am not kidding. You are really good, Hyena. Believe me! I haven't met a woman who could execute the Scorpion Dance that well." he added.

I still don't know if I should believe him or not because I know myself that I still need to improve a lot. Probably he was just saying that to make me feel good. 

I think he sensed that I still don't believe in what he is saying, so he went near me and started tickling me. "You don't believe me, right?!" 

"Hajima!" I said as I stood up and tried my best to get away from him.

"I will not stop unless you believe me." he said.

"Oppa, stop it. Hajima!" I couldn't stop from laughing so hard. He didn't stop it until I suddenly tripped. Good thing that Myungsoo Oppa was there. He was able to catch me before I fell on the floor. 

"Gwenchana?!" he said as he helped me get up. "I didn't mean it. Mianhe, Hyena."

"Gwenchana, Oppa. I am okay. Don't worry about me. Besides you were just there to break my fall. If you were not there, I think worse things could happen to me." I told him. 

"Are you sure? I feel so guilty. If I didn't tickle you, you will not fall." Myungsoo Oppa said as he pouted his lips. 

"Ahhh! You're so cute when you do that." I said. He smiled a bit with what I said. "Okay to make you feel better, you should do something for me." I told him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"You should help me with my routine. Is that okay?" I told him.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked.

"Neh! It's because I feel awkward dancing alone tomorrow. Is that even okay?" I asked him. 

"I think it will be okay. I will just wear a mask and a cap tomorrow, so that other people won't notice me and besides only Sungkyu hyung, Woohyun hyung, and Jungyeop hyung will be there inside the Audition Room." he said.

"Chincha?!" I exclaimed. 

Woohyun Oppa will be there. Otoke?! 

I feel shy already. My hands are shaking because of my nerves.

He took my hands and held it in his chest. I think he sensed that I suddenly felt scared. "Don't worry! I will be dancing beside you tomorrow. Also always remember that you are great. Keep that in your head." he said as he ruffled my hair.

I don't know why, but the words that Myungsoo Oppa said makes me feel at ease. He gave me courage and now I feel like I could do anything tomorrow.

He looked at me again in the eyes and said. "So, let's practice. What should I do?"

I just nodded and face the mirror wall. I let him the music as we dance together.

 

---oOOo---oOOo--oOOo---

Myungsoo's POV

Jungyeop hyung called Sungkyu hyung a while ago. He asked if there is anyone who can accompany Hyena tonight in one of the Practice Rooms in Woollim. Since I am the only one who is available, I was tasked to do it.

Yes!

Today is really my day. 

I am lucky because I have to accompany Hyena tonight. Well, I am the only one who doesn't have any schedule tomorrow and I am really happy about it. This is the first time that I was happy that I don't have anything to do. At least, I don't have to beg Sungkyu hyung to choose me. He might get suspicious if I do that. I don't want anyone to know about my feelings for her yet. Though, I think Sungyeol has a slight idea about it, but I haven't confirmed anything to him.

I tried decorating my room and organizing the things that I will be leaving in my room. I won't be permanently moving to Dongwoo hyung's room, so I just need to put them somewhere in my room. I also emptied a closet, so that Hyena could use them for her things. Then I emptied a side table and I also changed the comforter in my bed. I looked at what I did and I smiled to myself. As I finished everything, I hurriedly went out of my room. I have to hurry up because Hyena might get scared for she surely will be alone in the Practice Room.

I knocked on Dongwoo hyung's door. "Hyung!" I called him.

Hoya hyung opened the door. I was not surprised at all because I somewhat knew that he will be helping Dongwoo hyung in organizing his things. As I said, it will take up 2 or 3 days to organize his room if he does it by himself. Don't get me wrong, Hyung is one of the cleanest person here. It's just that he can really be disorganize at times. As he told me before, he works best in clutter.

"Myungsoo-ah! Are you done fixing your room?" he asked.

"Yes, hyung! These are all the things that I need so far. Hyung, I will put it here first because I think you and Hoya hyung are not yet done organizing your things." I smirked at him as I looked around.

"Well, that's true!" Dongwoo hyung laughed. "I also know that I have to put all these stuffed animals somewhere that you can't see them. I know that they might freak you out and if that happens, and I also know for a fact that you will surely kill me." he laughed as he unconsciously scratched the back of his head.

"That's true!" Hoya hyung nodded. "He seriously needs to put them somewhere you can't see them because they can be really scary, especially at night. I remembered when Sungyeol played a trick on me. He put Sungjong's teddy bear beside me when I was still sleeping. When I woke up the next day, I almost got a heart attack. I think I screamed out loud because I thought there was someone staring at me." he said.

I laughed out loud with what he said. I can still remember that incident very well. All of us were already in the living room when we heard someone shouted. We were all startled at first, then after a few minutes, we hurriedly went to where we heard the noise. We all gathered in their room and when we opened the door, we saw that Sungyeol was laughing non-stop while Hoya hyung was trying to strangle him.

"I remembered that day very well. Sungyeol was so happy that he finally succeeded in pranking you. He is indeed really good in doing pranks." I said.

"I like his pranks very much. In fact, I always support him, as long as he's not doing it at me." Hoya hyung said.

"Anyway hyungs, I'll leave my things here first. I will fix them later when I get back. I need to go to the Practice Room now." I told them as I put my things in a corner.

"You will go to the Practice Room at this time?" Dongwoo hyung asked while looking at his watch. "Why are you going there? Is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter