Two - The Premonition

Before The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyena's POV

"Omma.. Appa.. I am ready!!!" I shouted as I happily jumped on my way down the stairs.

"What are you doing? Be careful. You might fall down the stairs." dad said.

"Aigoo! Appa, I am okay. Look!" I said as I ran towards him.

"You are my one, and only princess, so I don't want anything to happen to you. I don't want you to get hurt." he said as he inspected me from head to toe.

Dad is really strict when it comes to everything about my safety. He is really so overprotective. I know I am already 18 years old, and I am too old for this kind of things. I am certain that he also knows about this fact, but despite that, he still always makes sure that I am okay, and I don't get hurt, physically, emotionally, and even psychologically. What can I do? I am daddy's little girl.

You maybe wondering why my dad is like that. Why is my dad too overprotective of me? Why am I still living with them, and not in a dormitory by myself just like any normal university student?

Well, as I mentioned to you before, I am their only child. I don't have any siblings because mom had a difficult time when she was pregnant with me. Before they had me, the doctor already told them that mom has a weak heart, and it will really be difficult for her to bear a baby in the future. Mom and Dad really wanted to have a child, so when they found out that she was pregnant with me despite her con problems, they decided to push through with her pregnancy. Dad said that she almost died when I was born, but mom told me that it was one of the best decisions that she ever had in her life. It was mainly  because the moment that she held me in her arms, all the pain she felt was worth it. From that day on, dad made a promise that he will do anything to be there for me and mom. According to him, mom is forever his Queen, and I am his princess.

Well I know that being an only child has its' perks, but it also has some negative side. I am not ranting, okay! In fact, I am happy that dad is very protective of me, but sometimes it's just too much. He doesn't want me to do things on my own. He didn't want me to play outside when I was young. I guess that was also one of the reasons why I didn't have any close friends.

Don't get me wrong. I had my fair share of friends, but I didn't just have someone who I can consider as a best friend. It is not just my dad's over protectiveness, but I think it was because of a trauma I had when I was young. When I was just in elementary, a family moved to a house next ours. Mr. and Mrs. Jung were very nice, and they had a son and his name is Yonghwa. He is 5 years older than me, so I decided to call him Yong Oppa. Though he was older, we got really close that we spend most of our time together. He became my bodyguard slash best friend slash big brother. He always takes care of me. I spent all my free time with him, and I was really happy with our friendship. I thought things would last forever, until one day he told me a shocking news. He said that his mom and dad decided to go back to Japan. His grandfather was sick, and they really need to be with him. 

I cried a lot that time. He comforted me, and promised that he will always call me. He even gave me a beautiful necklace.

He said that I will forever be his moon, and he hoped that he would be my sun. I could still remember well how I shoved him because he was so cheesy. 

During the first few months that he's in Japan, everything was okay. He kept his promise. He always call me via SKYPE. We call each other non-stop. But eventually as years go by, I lost contact with him. I don't know what happened. I guess he became busy with his studies.

Since that incident, I got scared of being close to people. I guess with him leaving, I was trapped in my own little world. I was really hurt when he left, and I think that incident left a big scar. I was afraid that they might leave me as well. I decided to just stay away from people.

My parents knew how I felt back then. I somewhat fell into depression. I often find myself crying myself to sleep. Mom and dad got so worried, but I told them that I will be okay. I think that's also one of the reasons why dad got so overprotective of me. 

Things got better when I turned 14, aside from I somewhat got over Yong Oppa. Who am I kidding! Until now tears still spill whenever I remember him. I got into my favorite hobby again which is photography. I poured all my time into it, and I guess my dad was happy that I was smiling again, and it seems like I was back into my old self. I guess it's also why he let me join our school publication.

I sat on my chair, and looked at my dad. "Appa, what time is our flight?" I asked as I happily eat the pancakes that mom made.

I really like all the food that she cooks.

"It will be this afternoon, sweetie. At 2:00 to be exact." he said.

"WHAT?!" I was shocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter