Thirteen - The Plan

Before The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyena's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing that i noticed is that everything surrounding me was white.

Am I dead? Is this really how it feels to be dead? Where are my parents? If I am dead, please let me be with them.

I was trying to get up when I noticed there were still some IV tubes connected to my body. I looked around, and I was a bit disappointed when I realized that I was still in a hospital room. I felt bad because I thought I was already dead.

What happened? I was supposed to be dead by now, right? I jumped off the hospital building last night, and I am sure with what I did.

I was so confused. I couldn't do anything else but cry my heart out. I was in that state when I saw a doctor entered my room. He went near my bed, and then he looked at me, and smiled.

"It's nice to see that you are finally awake now." he said. "By the way, I am Kim Dr. Heechul. You can either call me Dr. Kim, or Dr. Heechul. I am the doctor who is assigned to monitor your condition."

I just looked at him with a confused expression. I wanted to ask him about so many things, but I can't seem to find my voice for I feel ashamed because of the things that I did.

"You maybe wondering what you are doing here." he said.

He must have sensed my confusion. I just nodded my head at him.

"Let's see. Where should I start?" he started. "Well, I know you can still remember the little incident that happened early this morning, right?!" I looked at him, and nodded my head again.

"Let's start from there." he continued. "First, you tried jumping off this building. Young lady, I am actually really mad with what you did." he said.

I could sense that he seems to be trying his best not to be angry at me. "I really want to scold you right now. I am a bit upset because as a doctor, I can't understand why so people want to end their lives, while here I am trying my best to save theirs lives." he sighed.

I really want to cry in front of him right now. I feel so bad with what I did. I couldn't look at his eyes. I just buried my face in my hands. "Hyena, look at me." he said as he removed my hands on my face. I finally had the courage to look at him, but I was a bit confused when I saw his expression soften. "Hyena, as much as I want to be angry with what you did, but as a person, I want you to know that do understand your reason behind it. I know that you are in pain right now because of what happen to your parents."

As he mentioned my parents, tears automatically filled my eyes. I couldn't help but cry in front of him. I remembered how happy their faces were, the last time that we were together, and also I could still vividly remember the time when I heard them said I LOVE YOU to me.

"My dear, I am really sorry for your loss." he said as he tapped my shoulders. "Please understand that taking away your life is not a wise thing to do. Killing yourself is not the answer. haven't you even think of how your parents would feel with what you did? They would surely be sad because they know that they are hurting you. I know that if they could see you right now, they would somehow feels bad because they felt that they failed you. They don't want you to give up. Didn't you know that they tried their best to save you?" he continued.

I looked at him with confusion. "How did I know?"

I nodded my head as I motioned him to continue talking. "Well when the paramedics saw you, your parents' bodies were covering yours. Their bodies served as your shield, and that's why their bodies absorbed the truck's impact. If it's not for them, you were already gone by now."

I tried my best to understand, and absorbed everything that he just said, but nothing was registering in my mind. All I could think of is that my parents are already gone. Why did they leave me? I am all alone, and all I really want is to be with them. I didn't notice that I was already crying out loud. I can't seem to stop my tears from falling from my eyes. Dr. Heechul tried to appease me by rubbing my back.

"Saeng?!" I finally had the courage to say something to him. "Dr. Heechul, I am very sorry for all the trouble that i caused. I am so sorry!" I told him.

"I am a bit confused. How did? I mean why am I here? Who saved me? How come that I am still here alive?" I asked.

He looked at me with a very soft expression. I didn't feel that he was angry at me anymore. In fact, I feel somewhat relieved with his presence.

"Well, a fine young man saved you." he said.

Really?! Is he sure about it? I didn't see anyone that time. Are they sure about it? If so, who is that man? Who is my savior?

"I don't know how did he find you that time because no one, not even the nurses saw you when you went out of your room." he continued. "The only time they noticed that you were missing is that when Nurse Choi went to your room to check on your vitals. When she realized that you were gone, she panicked, and shouted at everyone."

"Young lady, you created quite a commotion here as everyone was looking for you." he laughed a bit. "We were all running, and searching all the possible places where you are, when the Fire Exit opened. I was actually quite surprised because I saw him carrying you. He told me that you tried to jump off the building, and that he was lucky that he was able to save you."

I was a bit startled with what he told me. I really didn't see anyone up there. Who could that be? I got curious with the young man who was able to save my life.

"You must be curious who he is." he said as if he read what I was thinking. I just nodded my head.

"Well, actually don't want to disclose his identity, but I guess you are really very curious about him. So, I will just tell you his name." he teased me.

I just smiled at him. This doctor is indeed very nice. "Well, his name is Mr. Nam Woohyun." he said.

Wait, what?! Nam Woohyun?! Is he Nam Woohyun of INFINITE?! Nah! That's impossible. Aisshh! Stop it, Hyena. I said it is impossible that the one who saved you is your ultimate crush, Nam Woohyun. Probably your savior just happened to have the same name as him.

I was thinking about that when I felt my head throbbing painfully.

"Ahhhh..." I shouted.

The doctor immediately took out his penlight to inspect my eyes.

"You are probably feeling post-traumatic stress. You should lie down, and take some rest." he said. "Do you want me to inject some painkillers in your IV? Can I trust you that you're not going to do something stupid again?" he asked.

I really can't take the pain. I just nodded my head at the doctor.

With that, he took out his phone, and called the nurse to bring some sedatives. Once the nurse arrived, he injected it in my IV, and after a few seconds, I just felt sleepy. With that, I just closed my eyes as I went off to dreamland.

I will not do anything stupid.

For now.

---oOOo---oOOo---oOOo---

 

Sungkyu's POV

As we arrived in Woollim Entertainment building, I told Woohyun that I will be talking to Jungyeop hyung first about his plan. To tell you honestly, I am very happy on how he is handling this situation. I must say that I am proud on how he is handling things now.

Not many people know that Woohyun suffered from depression before. We tried to hide this from everyone. Only his family, Jungyeop hyung, and the INFINITE members know these things about him. I know that many people won't believe this because whenever you see him on stage, he is always smiling. He is hyperactive, and he is always throwing hearts to INSPIRITS.

Well, he is not like that off the stage. He is not the usual happy person that you often see on stage, and even on TV. The Woohyun now is indeed very lively, full of aegyo, and very enthusiastic about so many things. but that is very different to the Woohyun that we knew during our trainee years.

I remembered back then, he used to be a total wreck because of his depression. There were times when he just stayed in our room for days without eating, nor drinking anything. He was not in a good condition.

We actually didn't know that he was battling depression at first. We just thought that he was just sad because of what was happening to our career. We thought it was just a phase that he was going through because whenever he feels sad, after a few days he will be perky, and hyper again.

How did we found out that it was a serious case?!

Well, I accidentally found out about it.

I could still vividly remember what happened before.

As you know Woohyun, and I always share the same room since day 1 back in our old dorm. I always see him carrying a box that he always put inside his closet. I was always curious what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter