Nine - Reality Hit Me

Before The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyena's POV

"Ahhh! 아파 Apa! My whole body hurts. Where am I?!" I asked myself. "Why can't I open my eyes? Omma... Appa..."

I tried my best to open my eyes. It took all my concentration to do such a simple task. At first, I tried my best to move my fingers. When I was able to do it, that's when I tried opening my eyes again. I can't seem to do it, but after several tries, I finally succeeded.

White light blinded me, as I opened my eyes. After a few seconds, I was able to get accustomed to the blinding light. I was a bit startled when I heard something beeping beside me. I looked at my side, and that's when I saw some machines. There were some tubes as well.

What are these for? I looked at them closely, and that's the only time that I noticed that they were all connected to me.

I was shocked. I looked at my surroundings and I noticed that everything is white. I suddenly felt so scared.

Where am I really? I nervously looked at around again, then after a few minutes, I just realized that I am inside a hospital room.

"What am I doing here? Why am I here?" I was so confused.

I don't know why am I here? Why are there so many things attached to my body? Why does my throat hurt? Why do I feel so weak?

I have a lot of things that I need to know. A lot of questions are running on my head, but unfortunately, no one was there to answer them.

"Ahhhh..." I screamed as a sudden pain rushed through my head. My head hurts too much that I want to bang it on the wall.

"Am I having a migraine attack? Ahhh! I haven't had migraine attacks in years. Why am I having it now?" I asked myself while holding my head.

I tried my best to get up from bed. I stumbled a few times, but I was so determined to do it. I didn't know how many times did I try, but I was able to finally get up on my nth try.

I was just siting on my bed trying hard to think what happened to me. I suddenly felt dizzy so I decided to lean on one of my pillows, but as I was about to do that, several different images of the accident flashed through my head.

My parents...

Our car...

The accident...

It was like a silent film. Everything flashed through my mind. Different images of my parents looking so happy. I remembered that we were supposed to be at the airport that day. We were supposed to be going to have our annual family trip. We were supposed to be in Greece by now. I remembered how happy we were inside the car. We were even happily listening to my favorite idol group's songs.

My parents were smiling brightly. We were singing, and even dancing. Then out of nowhere, I felt something collided with our car as I saw everything spinning. I tried to look outside the window, but all I saw are blurred images of the sky. Dad tried his best to react quickly, but as he knew that he couldn't do anything anymore, he decided to do what he thinks would be the best. I felt him wrapped his body around me, and mom. I could still hear the last thing he told me. 

I love you, Princess! Do not worry about us!

Also, I remembered looking at mom. She was holding my hands while she was crying. She tightly held me as she whispered, I love you, my dear!

"Ahhhhh..." I was screaming loudly now.

"Omma..."

"Appa..."

I was startled when I saw a doctor and some nurses rushing inside my room. They were muttering senseless things. I can't understand a thing that they were saying.

There were some nurses holding my upper body as they try to keep me still. I was fighting them with all my strength because I know that I really need to get out of here. I need to go to my parents to find out what happened to them. I was about to kick one of their staffs, I suddenly felt drowsy. I was so horrified as I looked at the doctor beside me holding a syringe. I know that he injected something on my IV.

No! I wanted to shout. 

Please get me out of here! Appa... Omma... Odiya? Where are you?

I wanted to run, and scream out loud. I wanted to ask them so many things, but unfortunately I couldn't do that because darkness already enveloped my body.

---oOOo---oOOo---oOOo---

 

Doctor Kim Heechul's POV

What's taking her so long to wake up. The surgery was a success and  it's already been two days. She should have been awaken by now. These are one of the things that really frustrates me as a doctor.

I was talking to the nurses about Hyena's condition when we heard a piercing scream coming from her room.

"Hurry! That's Hyena!" I shouted at them.

We all hurriedly rushed inside her room. When we got there, I saw her sitting on her bed. Part of me is happy because because finally she's awake now, but part of me is quite devastated as I saw her condition. I quickly approached her bed because she looked like she's in so much pain. She was screaming as she was holding her head.

"Hyena-shi?! Can you hear me?" I asked her, but she was not responding. She was just looking at the wall while crying.

"Ahhh!!!" she shouted again.

I felt so bad as I looked her in the eyes. She looked so confused, and hurt. I know that feeling. I know how it feels to loose people that are dear to you. I tried to pacify her, but she was crying non-stop. As I said, I know that look so well. Aside from, I have seen a lot of things like this here in the hospital, I must say that I already had my fair share of deaths and tears. I know that I should not be affected with this. I should be emotionally tough because I know that I have already mastered the art of delivering bad news to many people. I should be immune to these things already. But everything turned 360 degrees when I looked at eyes. 

Yes, she has very beautiful eyes. I could easily see sorrow in them. She looked so lost. Her eyes reminded me of the girl who I loved the most, my ex-girlfriend, who was also my ex-fiancee. The love of my life, Hani. EX?! That's because she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter