TWO.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Second chap is up! Hope you guys like it ^^

And I'll tell you a trick; Pay attention to the font,(including the last chap) there's time lapse ;)

 

Happy reading!! ;D

And welcome new readers~~

 

 

It has been a much tiring day for everybody. 3 interviews, 4 variety shows and another music video shoots for their next comeback, all occurring in the same day without stop. Chanwoo is exhausted, he hasn’t been getting any sleep for days and his head throbs so badly. But he couldn’t complain anything, thus he keeps his mouth shut, feel scared if the other members getting worried about him again. They have been doing that for months now.

 

Their road to another shooting location takes longer than usual. There’s traffic jam ahead and the manager driving them is losing his patience. Of course, haste makes waste but time is very precious for an idol especially when it comes with reputation. They have been stuck in the van for almost an hour now without moving, it gets on the man’s nerves. Donghyuk, Yunhyeong and Hanbin are watching along the jammed road ahead, complaining together with the manager while wondering what is happening.

 

“This is bad.” Yunhyuk, one of the managers in the van with the members said. “We are getting late.” Bobby who’s beside him has his ears plugged on with earphone agrees, he is not listening to any songs because his battery is out.

 

“I know, I wonder too what is happening out there. This traffic is bad.” Said the one driving the van.

 

“Should we inform the staff there?” Yunhyeong suggests, he sits in between Donghyuk and Hanbin who’s pinning him down at the center of the seat.

 

“I have told them that. They said it is fine but we have to at least make it before 6.” Yunhyuk informs, he checks the time on his wristwatch. Damn. It’s almost 5. The journey to the studio takes at least 40 minutes but with the traffic they are surely going to be very late.

 

Chanwoo listens to all the conversations they have though he practically doesn’t care much. He only wants to sleep and for someone to stop his headache. He keeps looking down, trying to focus playing on his phone. He admits that the prolong posture is causing his headache to intensify but he really has no choice. Adapting is the only thing he can do until they would arrive.

 

Bobby is the first one noticing his odd behavior. Well, not that Chanwoo has been any normal since that incident but, the maknae has been very quiet for today. He shifts from his seat towards the empty one beside the maknae, it is supposed to be Donghyuk’s but the other is at the front looking over the street.

 

“Hey buddy.” Bobby intentionally greets him with American style. Chanwoo looks at him and nods, head still looking down. Bobby takes note of that. “You’re still playing your game?” Bobby asks though he knows the answer already. He just wants to start a conversation.

 

“Yeah.” Chanwoo answers, and that’s all to his reply. No more continuation. Bobby nods his head at that. He looks over from the maknae’s shoulder, the game he has been playing all these time is the one Chanwoo favors the most. He even mastered it already. Bobby knows that because he sees the score above the screen. He has been winning in streak for so many times with that high score. The conversation between the managers and other members doesn’t seem to bother Bobby anymore. He joins the maknae over, watching him winning the game.

 

And Chanwoo wins. Again. Again. And again. He has been repeating the same game for almost 15 minutes. Bobby doesn’t want to ask, he makes a guess that probably Chanwoo loves it so much that he’s willing to keep repeating it billions of time. But then, his guts tell him the otherwise.

 

Whenever the screen goes black for loading, Chanwoo would make sure he would put the phone down, not letting any reflection onto the screen. Bobby notices that for a long time already, but he stays quiet. When Chanwoo does the same thing again, he couldn’t help it. He feels strange because the maknae would flip back his phone in a speed-like mode without fail, then he would fix the hoodie covering his head for the umpteenth times. The small gestures of him caught Bobby’s attention; the maknae is hiding something.

 

“Chanwoo-ah, are you alright?” He eventually asks after a long minute. Chanwoo looks at him in question. “Well, you seem a bit uhhh…. off right now. Did something happen?” Bobby carefully picks on his words, knowing that he should be in cautious when talking with Chanwoo. In fact, every members do the same things too. The maknae has been in a bad mood for weeks already. Even small things could anger him. None of them want to see him angry and being stressed out again.

 

He watches as Chanwoo stares at him, not saying anything. Bobby waits for an answer but then Chanwoo’s eyes movement catches his attention. The maknae’s orbs are moving simultaneously towards him and to the window beside him, the one facing Bobby right now. The rapper takes his gaze to the shaded glass, the scenery outside shows the roadside and a divider. Beyond that is the tall buildings standing proudly. Bobby tries to find anything strange in between the scenery and the people walking on the sidewalk. His brows furrowed, wondering if he’s taking the message wrongly.

 

He tries to ask again, earning affirmation, “Is there something wrong on the road?” He says and notices Chanwoo closing both his eyes and his breath hitching. As if he’s mentally slapping Bobby in his mind. “What did I do?”

 

“Nothing hyung. Please, just stay out of the road.” Chanwoo says before continue his focus on his game. It makes Bobby much confused. Well, he is staying out of it right? They’re in a freaking van which is moving so slow like a snail winning a race.

 

He’s about to inquire more when the shake of Chanwoo’s hands snap him out. Bobby thoughts he’s just seeing things but Chanwoo is shaking. Bobby is on alert, he grabs Chanwoo’s shoulder and jerks him to face him. His hand reaches the forehead, normal temperature. No fever. He then takes the maknae’s hand and holds it, feeling the coldness seeping through his warm touch. Bobby furrows his brows in worries and confusion. Chanwoo’s hands are ice cold, as if he’s soaked in ice tub. What’s weirdly enough, the maknae doesn’t reprimand him of his action at all.

 

Bobby becomes agitated, his antics even catch the others’ attention. He hears Donghyuk asking him what is wrong but Bobby doesn’t respond. He—no, the entire group knows what does it mean when the maknae having his hands and feet so cold. Bobby quickly takes on the eye gesture message and he proceeds to close the curtain of the window beside Chanwoo. He pulls on it roughly until the strike of curtain’s metal hitting metal catches everybody’s attention inside the black van.

 

Only then Chanwoo lifts his head up. He breathes in and out deeply, sharp and loud. As if releasing a heavy tons of rock from his trachea.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter