THIRTYTWO.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

“It’s a warning.”

 

Hanbin looks up from the floor to Haneul standing before him, looking very serious and grim. His whole face shows the grave of the situation Hanbin is in.

 

“Did she say anything else?” The psychic questions, with a very worried Bobby standing beside him. Both of them are facing Hanbin who’s sitting alone on the couch. They are back in iKON’s dorm, the leader has to come back for some urgent matters with the company and Bobby tagging along because Hanbin is less scared over a nightmare that seems so real. Too real in fact, the bruises still feel fresh over his skins.

 

But he urges himself not to look down at those hideous red angry marks over his left forearm. The handprint stays over his milky skin reminding him of this warning Haneul is talking about. “Other than ‘I will kill you’ and ‘you are doomed’ over and over again? Nothing. She’s just too busy strangling the out of me.” He said not sounding too interested to talk about this matter, although the other 2 seem to be pressing him about it.

 

Haneul is looking very grim, like he is thinking deeply. Bobby however is almost on the edge. He can’t stop tapping his foot impatiently, can’t keep his arms unfolded away from his chest, can’t seem to stop gasping every time his eyes accidentally set on Hanbin’s arm. He is so over the edge that even Haneul feels stressed up watching him closely.

 

The psychic eventually voices out, “This is not good. It means that she will get to Chanwoo. Even if not now, but soon.” He sounds grave and that is what makes Hanbin much worried. “We need to stay close to Chanwoo. Very very close to him.”

 

“What should we do about those dreams? Are we going to ignore it? Isn’t there anything you can do about it, hyung?” Bobby asks Haneul.

 

“Hanbin needs a blessing. I will help with that. It will give you extra protection but it doesn’t mean you can let your guard down. She managed to get inside your dream, it means something at least. It means she will do it again for sure, and that—” He points to those marks over the leader’s arm; 3 slashes of large handprints. Clearly long fingers are clawing into his skin. It doesn’t need a genius to know it doesn’t belonged to a human’s hand. “Is a sign she won’t stop. She will do it again. If not disturbing you in dreams, maybe in real life. Anything to keep you away from Chanwoo.”

 

“Why is that? Why she wants me to be separated so badly from Chanwoo?” Hanbin has always been curious, but he never says it. Yet this time, he can’t ignore the curiosity gnawing at the back of his mind. The demon’s effort to get rid of him from Chanwoo seems to be much bigger than anyone she has ever disturbed before. It’s concerning, it’s demanding answers, it’s a sign. Hanbin knows it.

 

And he’s proven right when Haneul said it next, “Because you at this very moment is the strongest pillar that is avoiding her from obtaining Chanwoo’s soul. You are the only one she’s afraid of.” He doesn’t stop there. “Because you are so strong that even after everything she has done, you still remained as Chanwoo’s sole reason to not leave this world behind.”

 

 

 

 

“Jinan hyung cannot know.” Bobby utters while Hanbin is busy trying to get his head out from the T-shirt he’s wearing. His head is stuck. Bobby has to be the one pulling the fabric down his neck.

 

He thanks him softly before muttering along, “I know. Hyung will definitely flip.” Putting on a pants and a pair of socks, he is ready to leave. They are going back to the hospital. Bobby will be taking care of Donghyuk next replacing June who has a schedule in the evening. “I just have to keep wearing long sleeves then.” The leader said right after putting on his sweater to cover up those marks. Though it’s not weird, since it’s freezing outside. But he might need to explain to Chanwoo why he’s not taking off the sweater when they are together though.

 

Bobby’s eyes are not leaving Hanbin throughout their walks out from the house, to the lift and into the van. Yunhyuk will drive them back to the hospital and the whole ride is thick with tension. Bobby is clearly worrying over the leader. “Just make sure Chanwoo won’t suspect anything. That kid has too much on his plate already.”

 

Hanbin wishes he can stop being an but the snigger is uncontainable. Though it seems sad in Bobby’s eyes. “I won’t worry him. I never want that.”

 

The last thing Hanbin ever wants is to scare Chanwoo away.

 

 

 

 

When Hanbin arrives at Chanwoo’s room, the maknae is sleeping. His mother is inside with him as she smiles warmly to Hanbin. He bows down to her before taking her in an embrace. They exchange a few greetings.

 

“How long has he been sleeping?”

 

“Around half an hour. He seems quite restless. He’s asking about you.” Mrs. Jung whispers to him. Both of them are eyeing the soundly asleep Chanwoo on the bed. Hanbin’s eyes swim with so many affectionate emotions watching the younger sleeping so peacefully. He smiles, not realizing Mrs. Jung is smiling along to his expression on her son. Hanbin sets his backpack aside over the coffee table bit far from the room, he flops down on the couch gently followed by Chanwoo’s mother. “How’s the meeting with the CEO? What did the company say?”

 

Hanbin knows she is curious about it. In fact, everybody is. Since it’s almost 1 month of their abrupt hiatus, everybody will be interested to know what’s exactly going on with iKON. Even their fans are still outside lingering around the hospital’s area wanting to see their idols for themselves. There has been so many rumors of Chanwoo, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk hurting badly because none of those three are seen walking out nor in of the hospital for these long periods of 4 weeks. People has been talking too much, so many sites posting different articles with own presumptions. Hanbin is tired of scrolling through each one of them every night wanting to know what the nation is currently so interested in them.

 

So far, there is one site that attracts his attention. It’s a typical celebrity news site; alike the others that are going wild on posting stories about them. But it's telling another different story from the rest, completely different, unique, nauseating familiar and terrifying in Hanbin’s and YGE’s concern. Because whoever that’s writing them is almost close to the truth.

 

It says that maybe the reasons of the members’ hospitalization, the group’s sudden hiatus and halts of their activities—the limit of questioning on television shows whenever each one of the remaining members have a solo schedule on broadcast, the lack of proper response from the company too; it all leads to one thing. That the thing that has happened to BIGBANG once is happening to iKON too, and that includes the famous quoting of the company’s once episodes of bad lucks. Hanbin remembers how he and Bobby gulp down in anxious reading the article back at home then re-reading them again this morning with the staff. Everyone is clearly disturbed too by what the reporter has written because it is almost the plain truth of what’s happening. It is happening again, though in different ways.

 

And the company is definitely not happy with whatever they are doing, so Haneul is urged to work on the research on fixing this problem before things come out of handled any longer.

 

Hanbin wishes he won’t have to worry Chanwoo and his parents because the Jung has so many to deal with already. But he knows keeping secret from them will only bring pain to Chanwoo and that is the last thing Hanbin ever wanted; hurting Chanwoo. “We are going to have a press conference soon to clear up some misunderstandings and fake news from the media. The rest of the members are going to be there in the next 3 days.” He says to Chanwoo’s mother, voice slow not to awake the maknae. Mrs. Jung looks concerned, and of course Hanbin is aware how the woman has her own knowledge about the show business’ world. Press conference could only have 2 results; good news—people understand them and leave them alone, or bad news—more are coming to disturb them and their image flopping to the floor.

 

“What will you tell them? The press.” Hanbin’s lips thinned out at her question. He sighs out loud, honestly lost. “I don’t know. I can’t possibly tell the truth right? I don’t even know if it will bring any good to Chanwoo and the rest.”

 

Mrs. Jung has her hands now on Hanbin’s, comforting him in her own motherly love. She has always loved the members of her son; she adores them like her own flesh and blood. Hanbin more because she knows how special he is to her son. Her eyes scream sincerity to him, “Or it might be good. At least, you don’t have to pretend anymore. Maybe lots of people are going to pray harder for Chanwoo and the rest.”

 

“Sajangnim won’t like that. YG suffered so much from BI—previous incident. They are still suffering the same impact until now.” Hanbin softly utters, remembering that is the exact thing the staff has told him just now; that they cannot afford to come out with the truth to the public. It will destroy YG’s image greatly. That the company is indeed involved in some kind of dark magic or bad lucks nobody wishes to be caught with.

 

“Well, I hope whatever ways you guys are going with, none of you will get hurt.” She sincerely meant it, and Hanbin is utterly grateful. “Just know that there are still a lot of people rooting for you kids. Not just your fans, but family and friends too.” She turns to look at her son, her eyes look sadden. “How I wish my son will see that too.”

 

 

 

 

Day 28

The next 2 days, they—Chanwoo’s personal doctor, psychotherapist and Haneul himself decide to include Donghyuk in the younger’s next therapy session. After hearing the others’ story about how Chanwoo reacts upon seeing Donghyuk the first time; his attacker on the night of the incident, they agree that maybe it will help them in the next step of Chanwoo’s treatment. All of them including the members of iKON are watching closely inside the next room, a clear one-sided view thick glass separating them from the room Chanwoo’s in. The latter can’t see them but they can see him very clearly.

 

Chanwoo’s personal doctor; Doctor Jeon and his psychotherapist; Ms. Park are a bit skeptical about all these demon-related thingy they are saying. But Ms. Park turns out to be Haneul’s former student back in university and she is aware of her former teacher’s involvement in supernatural studies and etc. So with her influence, and own experiences watching the man working on few ‘interesting cases’ back in her university life, she prompts Doctor Jeon to agree and accept this theory that Chanwoo is indeed disturbed by a supernatural entity—not because of the younger is showing any sign of schizophrenia and severe ADHD; which of course is opposed greatly by his parents.

 

Chanwoo is all by himself in the observation room, looking around and at one point seems anxious. Hanbin and the rest could tell whenever he’s making that expression. Haneul who’s watching along confirms it. “Looks like the little girl is very interested with Chanwoo.” He chuckles, as he strains his neck to look at the corner of the room Chanwoo’s looking very intently with a deep frown. The two doctors followed his gaze, only to see nothing but bare white walls. Doctor Jeon is confused. “What do you mean, Haneul-shii? Is something wrong?”

 

“Ah nothing, it’s just that Chanwoo has been having so many visitors lately and there is one little girl who is so eager to be his friend.” He chuckles to see Chanwoo gasping before making a hand gesture to shoo her away. “Seriously, she won’t leave him be.”

 

“What little girl?” Doctor Jeon sounds skeptical and that’s one of the many reasons why Hanbin despises having him as Chanwoo’s doctor. Yes, he is an experienced and amazing doctor. He cares so much about Chanwoo, has shown it many times to them that he only wants nothing but Chanwoo’s recovery. But whenever this topic concerning Chanwoo and his ability comes out, he sounds so judging. Almost mocking, like he thought whatever it is Chanwoo’s seeing and the rest of them are telling him are a part of jokes. Until today, even after so many convincement from Ms. Park, he is still adamant that Chanwoo is just mentally unstable.

 

Haneul calmly explains to him, “You can’t see her but Chanwoo and I can. She’s standing at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter