THIRTYONE.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Hello~~ This time I wasn't away for so long right? I believe it's almost been 1 week+ only ^^

Anyway, this chap is more like a filler to me. Although there's lots of things being clarified here. Im not fully satisfied with it but i know some of you are very eager for the next update already :)

Anyway! Do comments okay?! Tell me what you think and enjoy~~~

 

 

 

The first sense invading him is pain; all over his body.

 

It’s not helping much either with the continuous buzzing inside his ears, like bees hovering above him ready to sting. At some point, he’s afraid of opening his eyes in case the insects are really waiting for him but the buzzes slowly diminish, replaced by a dull silence with hushed voices he could barely recognized.

 

He tries to move his body only to realize he couldn’t. The pain intensifies yet he feels nothing at the lower part of his body. That is really strange, why can’t he move his toe? Is his senses not fully returning yet? His stimuli hasn’t reaching his whole limbs just yet? Maybe that’s the case, because Donghyuk can’t even feel anything down from his waist to his toes.

 

The hushes continue on invading him until he slowly picking it up clearly, “Donghyuk—ah.” He hears someone is calling him; a male in voice not so foreign to him. He feels like he has been hearing it lately. He moves his fingers, can feel his pinky and ring fingers moving up then the rest of his digits. The numb and uncomfortable needles prickling his forearm is registered inside his head. He doesn’t even realized he has been trying to lift his hand up.

 

Somebody is touching his hand and the warm touches to his cold one making his eyes prying open. He fights to adjust to the bright lights above him, slowly opening then closing and opening them again, he wants to see where is he and who is it beside him, hushing and comforting voices urging him to slowly take his time and wake up. Time passes unknowingly to him as he tries to take his own pace and opens his eyes. They are so heavy and pounding headache isn’t helping him much either. But still, he wants to try. He knows he needs to wake up now.

 

And when he does; with his orbs adjusting to the bright lights, Donghyuk sees blurry images of at least 4 people in his field of vision. He could clearly identify the female sitting on the chair on his right as his own mother—he would know her everywhere he goes to, the one standing and hugging her close from behind is definitely his younger sister. Judging from both their voices, they are crying. As he looks to his left, he is met with 2 figures he finds it hard to recognize.

 

Then the voice comes, “Kim Donghyuk—goon, can you hear me?” it’s the foreign-not-so-foreign voice speaking to him and suddenly, a one point bright light is attacking his left orb. He squints but the light is faster as it moves to his right orb. His brain interprets it as a flashlight. Whoever he is, he’s checking his retina’s reaction. A relief sigh comes out from the man, “It seems like he’s regaining consciousness positively. I believe he will be fine.”

 

Donghyuk’s mother gasps in relief, more tears gushing out from her eyes. As Donghyuk tries to focus his blur vision on her, another hand is pressed lightly to his left shoulder. He shifts his eyes to the person whom he still couldn’t recognized. But at the hearing of his voice, a warm feelings invade his heart. He knows him and Donghyuk feels like home.

 

“Donghyuk—ah. Finally you’re awake!” Bobby sound truly elated and so does Donghyuk too.

 

However, his excitement and relieved don’t last longer when a thought suddenly crashes inside his half-functioning head. He frowns and looks at Bobby, “W—What—” His frown deepens when his voice comes out in hoarse, like a sandpaper is rubbing through his trachea. A violent cough shakes his whole weak body and the heartbeat monitor rising in sound. Everyone is on alert but the doctor standing beside him is calm enough to rub his chest gently.

 

“Do take it slow. You are still recovering. Your whole body is trying to adjust to all these new sensations after long time of sleeping. Do not stress yourself.” He said before he eyed Donghyuk’s mother. “I believe it is best to have him rest for a little while. I will give him some medication to help him relax and sleep. When he wakes up in the next few hours, only then we can ask him more.”

 

“I understand. Thank you so much, Doctor Lee. We are thankful to your help!” Donghyuk’s mother smiles and tears spring out of her eyes as she shakes hands with the doctor. Doctor Lee smiles along before he excuses himself. Few seconds later, a nurse enters with a small pan of needles.

 

“For now, let it be only one of you here to accompany him. The patient needs some rest.” She utters to them softly before continuing on her work.

 

“I will stay here. Eommonie should go home and rest. Donghyukkie will be just fine.” Bobby assures her to leave for the poor old woman and Donghyuk’s sister haven’t been getting enough rest for days. After much persuasion—and them watching Donghyuk slowly lulled to another round of sleep, Mrs. Kim and her daughter eventually left. Now it’s only Bobby inside Donghyuk’s room watching him sleeping with relieved heart. Finally, after almost 3 weeks in coma the younger has awakened. He has texted Jinhwan about it and soon for sure the room would be bursting with s.

 

“Thank you for waking up, Donghyuk-ah.” Bobby mutters in whisper. “Although hyung still don’t know how to tell you about it……” His eyes travel to Donghyuk’s lower body portion covered with the thick blanket. He sighs again but this time more of burden and heavy feelings. It won’t be a good reaction telling the younger when he is waking up soon.

 

 

 

 

He opens his eyes once again with less hardship than previously. The room is dimly lit with orange shade, and the darkness coming from the window outside tells him it’s already night. Donghyuk doesn’t feel his body that sore nor painful like hours ago. Instead, he feels relax. Like the boulder is lifted up from his chest and replaced with peace. He sighs contently, this serene feeling is one he hasn’t been feeling for so long already.

 

Although the confusion he feels before never left him. As he wakes up, his mind keeps on thinking on the reason why he is here; admitted in the hospital. Moreover, what has happened few days ago? This is strange because he doesn’t remember anything. Is he missing something? Has he been here in a short or long period? But judging from his mother and Bobby’s reactions before, it looks like he has been sleeping for a long time. But why? What happened? And most importantly, why is he feeling so troubled inside yet at the same time peaceful? Like something that has been residing in his heart and mind is taken away, leaving him with utter peace yet confusion.

 

Headache attacks his head as he starts to think so much. Unconsciously, he starts to groan and then a shift to his left awaking his senses. He opens his closed lids to see it’s only Bobby looking at him worriedly. “Donghyuk-ah.” The rapper utters with worries etched on his tired face. Donghyuk’s heart falls looking at his hyung. Has he not taking care of himself? Bobby looks so skinny and exhausted. What is happening?

 

“Are you alright? You want some water?” Bobby asks him with hushed raspy voice. Donghyuk nods his head because he really does feel thirsty. Bobby helps him to sit up and that’s when he notices something is off with his legs. But he opts not to say anything yet. He enjoys Bobby pampering him like this, he misses his hyung so much.

 

“You’re okay?” He asks again and when Donghyuk nods assuring him, he smiles in relief. “You’re sleeping for so long. It’s midnight already.”

 

“Is it?” He inquires. “Hyung, what happened? Why am I here?”

 

“You don’t remember?” Bobby looks surprised at Donghyuk’s remark. Much confused when he nods his head innocently. “What is the last thing you remember?”

 

Donghyuk takes his time thinking about it. Truth to be told, his memory is a bit vague and that’s adding more of his confusion. It feels so strange, as if for the past previous days he’s living as someone else. Or even somebody is living as him? Donghyuk doesn’t know. He can’t explain this strange feeling inside of him. Especially the thought of the first time in forever, only now he feels like he has absolute control over his own body. Why is that? What has happened?

 

He starts to frown deeply. Unable to understand why his mind is so blank when he tries to recall the past. “I…don’t know. I can’t remember anything much.” He pauses when something comes into his mind. “I remember practicing on my own at night back in the studio.”

 

Bobby stays silence for a minute. Recalling that is the night where the younger is found collapsing on the floor before he is sent to the hospital. But wait…. He only remembers until that moment? What about the rest ahead? “That’s all you remember? Is there anything else?” Bobby watches the frown still etched deeply on Donghyuk’s face. He seems to be in deep thinking before his eyes open up an inch in realization and…..panic.

 

“I remember a dream….”

 

Bobby is on alert. “What dream?” He takes notice of the slight shiver in Donghyuk’s body. His pale face turns ashen in a beat and Bobby is quick to take a hold of his hand as a support. It doesn’t feel cold like before but the trembles leave the older worried. “Tell me, what did you see in your dream?”

 

“T—There was a w—woman. She was bleeding from eyes to mouth and she looked so horrible. I—I thought she was Chanwoo but—” Out of a sudden Donghyuk stops talking. His whole eyes widen twice its size, mouth opens in a gape and he starts to cold sweat profusely. The trembles in Bobby’s hand intensify followed by a huge whimper. He starts to heave out dangerously and cries. Bobby tries to stop him by clutching both his arms.

 

“Donghyuk, breathe!” Bobby contemplates either he should call for the nurses or not but then he thoughts maybe he should try to calm the boy down first. He rises up his voice a notch when Donghyuk’s whimpers become too loud than their hushes voices. “Kim Donghyuk! Yah! Calm down!”

 

But Donghyuk is far from calm. He’s crying and starting to panic. He looks at Bobby with so much fear in his orbs, far from peace. He twists his forearms to let his hands touch Bobby’s desperately. His look is one of terror. “H—Hyung! I—I ….. C—Chanwoo—”

 

“Talk to me, Dong—ah. Tell me what happened.” Bobby urges him to talk and calm down, rubbing soothing circles on his chest. Donghyuk’s tears won’t stop spilling his sunken cheeks. He looks so small and pitiful in Bobby’s eyes, he feels how his heart heavy watching the younger like this.

 

“I—I h—hurt him.” He whimpers out pitifully. “I—I hurt Chanwoo.” A loud sob escapes his mouth and more tears coming along as the memories hit him like a truck. “H—Hyung! I hurt Chanwoo!” He is pulled into a protective hug from Bobby, whom finally understand what’s the thing Donghyuk has been remembering. It’s the night of the attack when the boy has been possessed. When he isn’t himself. But the impact left on him is real, although the action is not by him. Yet the memories will forever stay and that is what Bobby thoughts the most.

 

The boy wails in his embrace, holding his shirt tight until his knuckles turn white. Donghyuk cries in Bobby’s arms while his memories return to him; everything becomes clear on why he’s here; hospitalized to the bed. All the memories of Chanwoo crying, begging, screaming and thrashing around under him attack him at full force. He remembers how he tries to stop himself, to move his body to no avail because he can’t control them. He can’t even stop himself from watching how horribly he assaults the maknae. The pain, shame and fear all crumpled into one. Realization that he has hurt somebody important to him gnawed on his frail mind, crushing all consciences.

 

Bobby on the other hand can’t do anything other than trying to calm Donghyuk down. Although all his words seemingly not making any wonder. “Donghyuk, it’s not your fault. You don’t want any of this. It’s not on you. You can’t control yourself. It’s the thing, not you.” He is really trying his best to calm him down but Donghyuk is too far into his self-loath. He cries loudly pitifully with no sign of stopping any soon that it concerns Bobby greatly.

 

Guilt is eating him entirely, spreading wildly like fire. It’s all so painful and humiliating. Donghyuk wishes he could just disappear now. He needs to get away from here; away from Chanwoo. He moves his body an inch to scoot towards the edge of bed and that is when he feels it. His sobs ceased momentarily as his thoughts are now focusing on his lap. This is totally weird. He swears he’s moving his legs but why is he still staying at the same spot? He attempts to put his right leg down first—wriggling his toes, bending his knee but the result

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter