EIGHTEEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Chanwoo wakes up feeling his head hurting him. Like the whole world is spinning under the continuous hitting of his skull over something hard. As if his head is hit to a hard rock, until he can’t think any longer. The nightmare is too much, it’s hurting him entirely. He walks to the kitchen where he knows Yunhyeong will be there, making breakfast for everyone because he has been in a good mood to cook for the members these past few days. A view of the second oldest cutting some onion meets his eyes, he acknowledges his presence and Yunhyeong greets him morning with a soft smile. “Morning you sleepy head. Now wash your face before you eat or take a shower first.”

 

Chanwoo leans by the counter table, hand still on his temple rubbing it to ease the pain. Yunhyeong notices that. “I’ve taken shower already, hyung.” He groggily said, not because of thick sleep in his voice but because he’s trying to ease the groan of pain from coming out. His head is killing him. Yunhyeong puts down his table knife as he faces the maknae with a worried face. “Are you alright, Chanwoo?”

 

“My head…..” Chanwoo says, eyes shutting close with hands on his temples. “It’s hurting badly.” That makes Yunhyeong quick on his feet to grab a glass of water and hands it to the maknae. He gets to the stove, flipping something here and there, placing it on top of the counter table then voila, he slides the plate to the maknae. Revealing a mouth-watering sandwich.

 

“Eat this then take the medicine.” He says after putting a medicine sachet on the counter beside the plate. When does he grab it, Chanwoo does not know. “Then rest alright? We won’t have any schedule until this evening so take the time to rest up.” Then he walks back to the stove, probably to flip some spams. Chanwoo obeys his orders, not having any energy to fight back though thus he eats, and it tastes so good on his tongue.

 

“Yunghyeog hyun isch the bhest!!” Chanwoo says with his mouth full with sandwich. His antics get Yunhyeong to chuckle. Chanwoo might be on his legal age already but sometimes he acts like a child with him. “Yah don’t talk with your mouth full.” He reprimands but the smile not ceasing from his face. Chanwoo smiles along while he eats, and Yunhyeong knows the moment will forever be embedded in his head. He sneakily gets one picture of the maknae eating—okay, maybe 2, no a few for blackmail materials because it’s quite rare to see Chanwoo eating without much manner.

 

He enjoys it too much he doesn’t even realize it. Yunhyeong thoughts as he continues to put more spams and other things to the sandwiches on the counter for the other members. But his eyes would sometimes trail to the maknae sitting before him while devouring the bread. Yunhyeong’s eyes soften at the sight, he wishes for Chanwoo to keep being like this; always happy even with the smallest things, supportive to everyone and naughty sometimes but never brings malice. He wishes and prays for Chanwoo to stay longer with them.

 

Because he knows it, after what happened at the Inkigayo stage 2 days ago, something will happen to Chanwoo. Something is coming to get the maknae, taking him away from their grasps forever.

 

Yunhyeong swears that he will do everything that it takes to make sure they will not win.

 

“Hyung?” He is taken back into the world from his reverie when Chanwoo calls him back. Yunhyeong tries to drive the awkwardness away by humming some songs as he tidies up the kitchen. Chanwoo could only watch while munching his food. “Why are you spacing out?”

 

Yunhyeong smiles again, “Nothing.” He then stops wiping the counter, as he reaches forward and ruffles Chanwoo’s hair affectionately. The maknae huffs out in annoyance, saying things like Yunhyeong ruins his hair but he doesn’t care. He loves to mess up with the maknae, for he’s the one being messed up sometimes by the others.

 

Stay alive, Chanwoo. That is all Yunhyeong hopes for as he tries to keep the tears at bay. It’s still morning to shed some tears.

 

 

“No matter what happened, you must make sure Chanwoo won’t know about this.”

 

 

 

 

 

When June enters Donghyuk’s room, the latter is not around. He is confused, for where could Donghyuk be when they have a schedule in an exact another 5 hours? They need to be out 2 hours early for the preparation; makeups, outfit testing and all. He walks to Jinhwan’s room at the other side of the hallway, passing through the living room where Yunhyuk hyung their manager is sitting on the couch handling something with the camera. He doesn’t even bother to knock on the door, as he enters there is Jinhwan standing before the mirror doing God knows what.

 

“What do you want?” He asks watching June enters his room and takes the seat at his small chair. Not even a greeting, Jinhwan wishes he could curse but he knows June would retaliate 2 times so he keeps his mouth shut.

 

The maknaes in this group are too scary. That’s what he thinks about.

 

“Hyung, have you seen Donghyuk?” June asks, staring at Jinhwan standing before the mirror fixing his hair. He shakes his head, “No, why?” That makes June pouts slightly as he takes his leave. Making Jinhwan gapes in disbelief as he looks over June with an annoyed expression. “That’s it? That’s the only reason you’re here?”

 

“Yes.” And June leaves, making Jinhwan huffs.

 

“He’s not even asking how I am doing today. No one loves me here.”

 

 

 

 

 

June thoughts maybe he can ask Bobby, but he’s too awkward to do that. So he walks back to his room, passing by the living room again. That’s when the main door is opened and Donghyuk comes in, his face is all sweaty and grim. June wonders where he has been. “Where have you been? Why are you all sweaty?”

 

Donghyuk’s face—no, not just his face but his entire white t-shirt and all over his hands are covered with glistening sweats. As if he has run a 10km marathon or something. He walks over to the kitchen, taking a bottle of mineral water from the fridge. June follows him, wanting an answer. He has been watching how troubled the other maknae has been for the past few days, he wonders what has happened to him.

 

After chugging the water down his throat only Donghyuk responses, “I’m just taking a breather. Wanting to have some light jog.” He says as he takes the bottle to his room, still June is following him.

 

“Doesn’t look like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter