TWENTYTWO.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

When they enter Donghyuk’s room, he is already awake. Bandages and plasters all over his body. He’s lying down on the bed motionlessly with Yunhyeong sitting by his side. The latter turns his head around to see every members in the room, all panic and worried.

 

Before anyone could ask, Yunhyeong says, “He’s a bit hysterical just now screaming something we can’t understand so the doctor comes and shots him an anesthetic. He’s asleep now.”

 

“I call you guys after he’s put down.” Bobby continues “But he’s really weird. Like someone who have been seeing ghost.” The word gets everyone in silence. Especially Chanwoo as he watches Donghyuk sleeping peacefully.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“We’re not sure. Can’t understand single things he said.” Yunhyeong replies to Chanwoo. “But all he does is scream and shout loudly. Bobby and I have to help the nurses holding him down. He’s thrashing around badly.” He continues.

 

“We can’t do anything unless he’s awake.” Hanbin utters, taking the attention. “If what Chanwoo said is true, we need to get Haneul-shii to see how Donghyukkie is doing.” Everybody nods their heads in unison, agreeing with the leader.

 

“I’ll call him. But for now, we need to re-arrange our schedule. With Donghyukkie in the hospital, I don’t know how sajangnim will take the news. Bet he’ll freak out again.” Jinhwan pipes in, then the rest leave the room as the manager Jaeho comes asking only certain could stay behind to watch Donghyuk. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan volunteer while the rest will go back to the dorm.

 

“Do you see anything back there, Chanwoo?” June asks the maknae when they are in the van on the way to the apartment. Chanwoo has been so quiet the entire time they are in the room so they guess maybe he sees anything. But the maknae shakes his head, frowning as he speaks. “Not at all. I didn’t see her at all or anything else with Donghyukkie.”

 

It gets the rest to stay silence, even Jaeho hearing it is concerned. “But still you guys need to be careful.”

 

“What do you mean, hyung?” Hanbin asks the manager who’s behind the wheel.

 

“Well, from past experiences. Remember when we all thought Chanwoo is fine but turns out he’s not back then?” He reminiscing about the maknae’s first time encountering the ghost, earning him all the ability to see paranormal things. “I’m not trying to be smart but we can’t neglect that fact could happen to Donghyuk too. So we should all be very careful. Just in case something nasty happens.”

 

Jaeho is right, they all should be. They hope Donghyuk will be just fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The music show performance comes along pretty well for the WINNER members. They win #1 on Mnet and celebrating it is a must. All the staff, backup dancers and the members join along for a party to celebrate their comeback after 1 and a half year hiatus.

 

Mino is having a beer with Seungyoon and their manager when his eyes drift to the corner of the restaurant. The last table with only one person sitting on it all by himself. Mino is intrigued thus he walks ahead to the person. His presence doesn’t even noticed when he takes his seat. The other is too drowned in his own mind.

 

“Taehyun-ah, you’re okay?” The owner of the name slightly jumps in his seat at Mino’s calling. He smiles awkwardly while taking the sip of the beer in hand. Mino feels weird, the maknae isn’t acting normal.

 

“I’m alright. Just feeling tired.”

 

“Well, I guess we should get you home. Should I get Si Mon hyung for you?” Mino proposes to call their manager in concern for Taehyun. When he sees the youngest not retaliating, he knows something is quite not good. Taehyun has never been listening to anyone after all. So he offers to retreat early with Taehyun leaving the party. The ride back is a quiet but worrying one for suddenly Taehyun looks sick. His body is cold and he is shivering beside Mino.

 

“Taehyun-ah, are you alright?” There is slight alarmed in Mino’s voice when the maknae is pulling his jacket tighter around his body. Huffing and body trembles when the air conditioner isn’t even turning on.

 

“I—I’m okay. Just cold.”

 

“Should we get you to the hospital, Taehyun?” Si Mon asks. His worries is on parred with Mino as he watches from the mirror the fidgeting maknae. But Taehyun refuses, saying he will be just fine with a good night sleep. None of them bicker on that as the manager speeds for WINNER’s dorm. It takes only 20 minutes to get there and when they’ve arrived, Mino brings Taehyun up by himself. Si Mon has to excuse himself because he needs to watch over the others so he goes on first, of course after making sure Taehyun is alright.

 

Mino brings the maknae to his own room. He helps him take off his jacket and get ready for bed. “You need anything?”

 

“You stop worrying hyung.” The sassy maknae is back.

 

“I’m not!” Mino chimes in playfully earning a chuckles from Taehyun.

 

“You’re lying, idiot. I can hear you thinking from here.” Taehyun remarks as he pulls the blanket over his chin. Unconsciously he doesn’t realize how his body slowly leans to Mino for warmth.

 

Mino takes notice of it and his frown grows bigger. “Are you sure you’re okay? I can accompany you to the hospital if you want to.” He is worried but a shake of Taehyun’s head is something he can’t fight. Plus, the maknae is already closing his eyes, welcoming the sleep. Mino doesn’t want to disturb him anymore so he exits Taehyun’s room heading to his. He texts Seunghoon about them at the dorm and to enjoy for their behalf. Mino is too tired that he doesn’t even realized he’s sleeping at the couch instead of his own bed.

 

 

 

 

Mino swears he isn’t dreaming when he feels something tickling his toes. But instead of feeling ticklish, he feels weird. Because one; the thing tickling him isn’t near to a cat or anything. Two, they don’t have any damn cat in the house.

 

The last thought gets his eyes sneaking a peak to whatever is below his feet. Cold sweats forming on Mino’s skin over anything that could be there with him in the house. He sees a black mop moving around his leg and it gets him feeling terrified. He wants to scream but afraid of whatever it is would kill him. So he just stays in silence, trying his very best to muffle his screams while praying for the rest to come back quickly.

 

But then a sound is heard, one that gets Mino no more terrified, but wholly odd. His brain is working twice its gear quota as he braces himself to open his eyes. And the sight of what below his feet startled him.

 

 

 

It is definitely out of his wildest dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinhwan promises the others he would call Haneul. But of course, the psychic won’t pick his call up. Moreover, it is out of reach, the man is in Indonesia. Jinhwan knows he shouldn’t be angry—the man has his own life, a career and personal doings. But he can’t help to feel one for it is such a crucial moment. So he has no choice but to seek the WINNER for help.

 

He texts Seunghoon asking if he can reach Haneul or knows anything about him. However, instead of talking about Haneul, Seunghoon has called for him first. He speaks of some emergency and it would be a lie if Jinhwan said he’s not worried.

 

“What do you mean by that?! I don’t understand you!” Jinhwan is walking back after a little groceries that morning from the hospital and Seunghoon’s loud voice isn’t helping his pounding headache.

 

“I said, bring Chanwoo along with you. And quick! We need the maknae!”

 

Then the phone is taken by someone else, and Jinhwan has to restraint himself from hanging up.

 

“WE NEED CHANWOO! BRING THE MAKNAE ON TOP ASAP!” Of course, it’s Mino and Jinhwan has never been lost in his entire life.

 

 

 

 

So he brings Chanwoo along, who is supposed to be taking care of Donghyuk in the hospital with June since the two are free of any schedules today. But here they are, in front of WINNER’s apartment door. The doorbell doesn’t even need to be rang when the door is already opened the seconds they stand over there.

 

“What took you so long?! We’ve been waiting in ages!” Seungyoon said standing by the door. By his appearance, he’s not in a good condition. The messy hair, growing stubble that is surely visible and the fact that he’s still wearing the pajamas in the mid-afternoon gives enough explanation.

 

“Don’t tell me you have been peeking through the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter