TWENTYFOUR.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

“What do you mean ‘he will be mine’?” The question is thrown by a very puzzled Hanbin. The expression he holds scream thousands oddity except acknowledgement. He is lost over the meaning. Yunhyeong casts his eyes around, admitting that the other two in the room bear the same expression like the leader. Well, he can’t blame them. Even Yunhyeong himself has a hard time cracking the riddle too.

 

“I think from what he said, it wants Donghyuk. Like keeping him or whatever the thing it is.” Yunhyeong explains with his arms flailing around comically. Jinhwan on the other side having a very deep concentration.

 

“It wants him for itself.” Jinhwan’s words get all eyes on him. Yunhyeong nods his head agreeing with him.

 

“Oh my God…” Bobby is perplexed as he straightens his body with both hands clasped over his face. He looks at both Yunhyeong and Jinhwan worriedly, orbs glazed with fear and confusion.

 

Hanbin though is dead serious. “You mean like taking over Donghyuk like what happened to Chanwoo before?”

 

“Or just kill him.” Jinhwan adds.

 

“Doesn’t matter what the damn thing meant, none of those would keep Donghyuk safe.” Bobby utters with his deep baritone voice booming through the little space they have over the couch. A moment of silence followed after he announced the truth. That is exactly what it is, Donghyuk is not safe.

 

“I will try and contact Haneul-shii again, hopefully it will reach him. But for now, we need to keep an eye on Donghyukkie. God knows what that thing might do to him.”

 

“Or to Chanwoo.” Hanbin cuts Jinhwan off. Like a thunderstorm in the middle of summer, spark lightens inside their heads. They cast look on each other, fear and trembles shaking their entire body. “We need to stick close to maknae.”

 

 

 

Chanwoo had a dream about Donghyuk. He couldn’t make any sense out of it, but he knows it is a sign. He sees his friend standing by a familiar door, crying as he turns his head to look at Chanwoo.

 

 

“I am sorry. I am so sorry.”

 

 

Then he woke up to a feeling of something light gingerly touching his thigh. He casts his head up to see nothing wrong anywhere in the room. June is sleeping by the couch and Donghyuk by the hospital bed.

 

He sighs heavily, in relief that it is just inside his head. He slowly peers his eyes over the windowsills of the ward room. The white sand of salt is kept untouched along the line of the window. For now, they are safe. He tilts his head over to his left, Donghyuk is still sleeping soundly. The only time he will wake up is when he has nightmare then he would be knocked out again with anesthesia.

 

Chanwoo feels bad for him. As he holds Donghyuk’s cold hand, Chanwoo prays for him to be safe and healthy. He wishes for everything to be normal again. Then a small movement in his palm and Chanwoo lifts his head up in surprise.

 

Donghyuk is finally awake….but is it really him? “Donghyuk?”

 

He watches as the boy struggles to speak, “C—Chan…” Yet the moment he hears that soft sweet voice, Chanwoo knows it is his Donghyuk. He beams widely, squeezing the hand in his before moving to wake June up by the couch. But a tug over his palm stops him. He sees Donghyuk shaking his head with much difficulty.

 

“Shush, do not move too much. You still need to rest.” He whispers, squeezing Donghyuk’s hand tighter. “You don’t have to worry about anything. You’re not alone.”

 

Hearing that, Donghyuk cried. Lone tear escapes his eyes landing on the soft fabric. It tugs at the youngest heartstring to watch him like that. “I—I’m s—scared.” He said, inhaling sharply for more oxygen over the mask. “P—Please save me, Chanwoo.”

 

It’s killing him slowly to watch one of his closest person experiencing something he wishes nobody could go through. Chanwoo ends up shedding tears despite him controlling it, his hold on Donghyuk tightens and so does the older. Chanwoo wishes everything will stop, he just wanted Donghyuk to be okay. He wants his hyung to be healthy again.

 

Chanwoo wants everything to stop.

 

 

 

 

“He seems to be doing well.” They are all hearing the doctor said. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter