SEVEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

All of them stay in the waiting room, the halls are bustled with the staff trying to find the reason behind the fallen spotlight and the fact that it almost hit one of the idols; a famous one coming from a well-known company brings quite a distraught to everybody nonetheless. The said boy who almost got his head smashed in pieces is currently sitting on the couch, s sitting close to him waiting for their managers to solve things up.

 

The CEO Yang Min-suk makes a call to one of their managers, Jaeho. Of course, the news has reached the company and it makes the boy anxious of what will happen. But June is right, he does speak his mind to the members saying that they should have taken a good care of the props and make sure nothing of the accident could occur. Yet there would come Yunhyeong occasionally saying “accident happens all the time we can’t help it” while he has the maknae’s hand safely tucked in his own. Yunhyeong has been holding Chanwoo’s hands and keeping the maknae close to him since they got back into the waiting room. It’s very clear how worried and terrified he is.

 

The others do no justice either. Donghyuk is sitting on the maknae other side. His body pressed close to Chanwoo and his constant ‘are you okay?’ every 3 minutes somehow get to Chanwoo’s nerves but the maknae knows it’s not good to act rude towards the kind Donghyuk. On the armchair before him is June who keeps his calm but clearly agitated with all the mess coming around. Jinhwan on his right can’t keep his eyes stick to one thing in the room, everything is sensitive to him, ticking the senses in him to watch his and others’ guard. Only Bobby and Hanbin standing in the circle with their arms either tucked in their pockets or crossed an inch below the navel. All of them are nervous

 

After a much heated talk between the Inkigayo’s staff, iKON’s managers and Hanbin himself, the company decides not to take any action—courtesy of Chanwoo pleading the managers to tell so to the company on his behalf, and the members are dismissed for their next activity. They suggest Chanwoo to be taken to the hospital for examination in case he really does get hurt. “But hyung, I’m fine.” He has said to Hanbin, tired eyes begging the leader not to let him go. Hanbin couldn’t do much about it.

 

“Sorry Chanwoo but Sajangnim wants you to go.” Simply Hanbin replied coldly but the slight touch of his hand on Chanwoo’s speak the otherwise.

 

“Don’t worry Chanwoo, it will take only a while.” One of their staff noona said, assuring the maknae of the suggestion. “They will make it fast and before you know it, it’s done. Noona promise you.” She coaxed, definitely not seeing the turmoil in the maknae’s eyes except for the members.

 

How Chanwoo wishes he could fight, but he knows it is better to just follow along to avoid any problem for him and the group in the future. Thus he nods his head in approval. “Okay noona.” And stands up from the couch to head for the door with s tagging along.

 

“Don’t worry, Chanwoo. We’ll accompany you.” Donghyuk cheerfully says as he matches his steps with the maknae. Chanwoo smiles gratefully watching him as he thanks the older. As all of iKON members walk through the hallway towards the exit, Chanwoo’s eyes catch something when he reaches the end of the hallway. When the door is opened by their manager, Chanwoo feels his heart drops a bit. His steps slowing down and his grip on Yunhyeong’s hand becomes stronger. The latter notices the stiffen maknae. But Chanwoo controls his emotion. He continues walking like nothing is wrong, pretending that he doesn’t see what couldn’t been unseen by him.

 

The boys enter the black van waiting for them. Chanwoo is the first one stepping inside. As he let himself seated at the far back seat of the van, his eyes throw quick glances towards outside through the tinted window. Yunhyeong who sits beside him catches the difference in the maknae’s action. “Chanwoo ah what’s wrong?” he asks with concern, hand still not letting Chanwoo’s go. As Hanbin and Donghyuk, the last person to enter the van closes the door and the van finally moving out from the building. Yunhyeong’s urgent voice catches the other 2 attention as they look behind for the maknae. By then, Chanwoo is already shivering. Hanbin is the one noticing it. “Did you see anything?” Chanwoo’s eyes found the leader’s onyx one staring into his soul.

 

“I—I saw a man. With b—blood standing right before the exit door.” He mutters. “H—He was looking at me.” His words stuck in his throat. Yunhyeong’s grip tightens on his hand. Chanwoo watches Hanbin and Donghyuk facing him with undefined emotions swirling in their eyes that he can’t make it out. In the end, the only think they can do is just to assure him that whatever he’s seeing is no longer there.

 

“Remind me to ask manager hyung to come pick us up in the basement parking lot.” Hanbin said, his face and voice stern. His leader-mode is on and they know that he is serious. “And Chanwoo…” the maknae looks before him too see the leader face to face. “Don’t worry. They won’t come to you. Just don’t be afraid.” The words ringing in Chanwoo’s head, he holds on to it as if it’s the last string to his life, to his sanity. He must not be afraid.

 

 

 

 

The examination is done only within 1 hour along with the result. Chanwoo has no injuries, nothing abnormal with his report thus the health practitioner allows him to go home. As the maknae walks out from the doctor’s room with Yunhyuk hyung, all the members waiting in the hall stand up in sync. Their eyes trail on every movement the youngest makes inquiring about his condition. “He’s fine, the doctor said he’s healthy as fiddle.” Said the manager, one hand safely tuck behind Chanwoo’s waist as he looks upon each one of the members’ faces. “But they said he needs a proper rest. Blood pressure a bit low over normal. Other than that, nothing should be concerned.” Yunhyeong is the first one releasing a heavy sigh, feeling relief the maknae is alright. He lunges himself forward and grabs the younger in a loose hug. Chanwoo’s hands pat his back to make sure the older knows he is fine. Small smile decorates his tired face.

 

“Any calls from Sajangnim?” Hanbin asks the manager.

 

“Yes and this time it’s from Yang Hyun Suk himself.” Everyone falls in silence hearing the name. “He wants to meet Chanwoo personally but he can’t make it somehow. So he sends someone in his place.”

 

All the 7 members are perplexed over the news. Wondering who would come replacing the CEO. “Who? And when?” Jinhwan asks.

 

“At least you guys know who it is.” Yunhyung said. “And she’s here.” As he points his hand towards the end of the hall. When the boys tilt their heads to the place he’s pointing, smile breaks on their faces. Donghyuk is the one to holler out loud in excitement.

 

“Dara noona!”

 

The woman wearing her casual yet chic outfits letting the brown chestnut jacket wrapping her slender figure only adding up to her beauty. Dara walks closer to where the boys is as she waves her hands up in excitement. She greets them cheerfully with her melodic voice. “Hey boys! Long time no see!” When she’s only an arm-length from them she takes Bobby and Donghyuk in her arms hugging them close. The others bow down to her in respect and she does the same. Her eyes linger on the one she wants to see the most for the day.

 

“Chanwoo ah…” Dara takes the boy in her arms, hugging him. Chanwoo returns it although much awkwardly. He’s still confuse why Yang Hyun Suk would send her here to see him. “How are you? By the way I’ve heard what happened back then at Inkigayo!” Chanwoo silently rolls his eyes. Of course she would know too. “Are you guys alright?!” Frantically she asks, eyes landing into each one of the men standing before her. Hanbin is the first one to reassure the lady.

 

“We’re fine, noona. Don’t worry. We are all okay.” He said, onyx orbs somewhat shaking while maintaining a practiced smile. Hanbin’s mind swirls with thousands of questions over the woman presence. His answer gives her relief though.

 

“I’m glad to hear that. The staff told me it almost hit on top Chanwoo.” Dara says after ushering all of them to sit on the chairs. Yunhyuk is gone probably giving them space. “What happened?” her question comes out, but her eyes landed only on Chanwoo as if the question is reserved for him. Awkwardly, he answers her, “I’m……not so sure myself.” He said.

 

“Chanwoo ah…” Dara speaks, “if there’s anything you’re not telling us, you better tell us now. At least we can help you. We can keep you safe.” What a lie, Chanwoo thought. No one can protect me. 

 

Chanwoo glances at his hyungs in secret. Seeing the fear planted in their eyes scared him more than ever. “I’m just seeing things. Like the usual.” He intentionally emphasizing the usual, mocking even for he thinks it’s absurd for her to ask what he’s seeing when he is seeing things that only he can and that it very frustrating for him. The members manage to take the hint, they move restlessly in their seats. Yunhyeong has his hand on Chanwoo’s shoulder, he squeezes it gently probably as a comfort. Chanwoo is thankful for that.

 

“What did you see?” Dara inquires, face contorts in worry.

 

“I’m not sure about that. It’s quite blur.” He said. “And that’s true.” His eyes search for his hyungs in their orbs, trying to convince them on his honesty. A smile from Donghyuk calms him down. Dara however is disturbed.

 

“You don’t see how it looks like?”

 

“No, noona. I don’t see its face but……” He trails off, suddenly divided to tell what’s bothering his mind or not. Like a good hyung, knowing what’s inside his dongsaeng’s mind Yunhyeong probes him to continue. “But what Chanwoo ah? Don’t hide it okay? Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter