TWENTYEIGHT.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

In case you guys missed what actually happened in the previous chapter; Chanwoo is almost  by Donghyuk/ a possessed Donghyuk.

And i wrote this whole chap in 1 DAY. WUUU im shooked with myself xD

 

 

“It’s all a game from the beginning.” Haneul says with the most regretful voice he could ever muster. “She has been planning it all out so well. Donghyuk, Hanbin, the feud or anything between them and Chanwoo, the timing.” He pauses to exhale a heavy sigh, as heavy as the air around them is. “Everything fits so well.”

 

“Is it t—true?” For the first time in hours June voices out. “That she is chasing Chanwoo because he’s the compensate for Jiyong hyung’s call to Se—“

 

“June yah.” Jinhwan stops the younger sitting beside him from talking any further. When June looks at him incredulously, he sees Jinhwan’s eyes glancing at Youngbae on the mathyung’s right, who seems turning uncomfortable. June’s senses return to him, he mentally slaps himself for the lack of sensitivity.

 

They resume the conversation. “Unfortunately yes.” Haneul said. “And until she has her hands on Chanwoo’s soul, all her threats won’t come to an end. That’s why she keeps coming for him, in his dreams, in his life now, using all of you to get to him.”

 

“Damn.” Hanbin mutters with his fists all clenching tight. Everybody can see how tense the leader is, especially after knowing what has happened to Chanwoo…..

 

“We need to avoid this thing from exploding to the press. Or else this might be the end of YG.” Youngbae utters, with a much stressed Kim Jinhwan sitting beside him on the couch alongside Koo Junhwe. Youngbae's eyes linger on the psychic. “Are you really sure no one sees you when you came here hours ago?”

 

“I’ve never been so careful in my entire life, Youngbae. Trust me, no one sees us.” The firm in his voice proves to Youngbae he means it. The BIGBANG’s vocalist is in relief but his calm façade is temporary.

 

“All of you should think carefully what you guys planning to do with both Donghyukkie and Chanwoo. Don’t worry about Sajangnim and the company; I will handle them. For now take care of yourself and each other.” Youngbae’s voice ringing in the room where all the remaining 4 iKON members are seated, all wearing exhaustion and stressful expression over their young faces. The sight makes Youngbae’s heart twisted unpleasantly, to witness those cheerful boys so down and depressed after the incidents. He can only pat on June’s shoulder to relay his strength.

 

“Don’t worry, everything will be just fine.” He said but even the looks they give him scream hollow, denial and doubts. Well, he can’t blame them. Things are surely turning tonight after all. Youngbae excuses himself over to them and Haneul, as he has to go now. When he has left, the room is eerily quiet again.

 

Haneul is the one breaking it first. “Hanbin, how are you feeling now?” His eyes fixed on the leader sitting all by himself on the lone couch at the corner of the waiting room. The eyes that met him make Haneul’s heart shudders. “Good, I guess.” Hanbin mutters before turning his attention to the empty coffee table in the center; the one and only attraction that seems to be so interesting for all 4 of them.

 

“I know how hard all of this is for you guys.” He started. “But don’t feel discouraged, there will be ways out of this.”

 

“Really?” The sarcasm is thick in Bobby’s voice who is sitting down over the cold floor nearby the door. “Do you think there is any way out for us in this situation?” He sounds accusing and angry, the strong glare enough to make Haneul sighs tiredly again. Jinhwan’s voice cuts through the thick air suddenly, “Knock it off, Jiwon. We all are in this , not just you.” He reprimands the rapper.

 

“Yeah right.” Bobby takes a stand for the first time in hours. He sways a little bit but not too alarming for anyone. “In case none of you realize it, this is a of the test.” None of them could admit if that’s even a word. “Yunhyeongie is still in surgery.” The mention of the other vocalist erupts another loud tired sigh from both June and Hanbin. “Donghyukkie is in the ICU; yeah, Kim Donghyuk who which we all thought somebody in here didn’t want to save his before!”

 

“Yah Kim Jiwon!” Jinhwan yells but they are quickly piped down by a worried Haneul. “Boys, stop. It’s okay, Jinhwan.” The psychic reassures the raging oldest of the boys, who has his look ready to swallow Bobby whole. But the latter could care less about it.

 

Another sigh from Haneul. “I know you are very upset with me, Bobby. I am truly sorry. But trust me there is absolutely nothing I can do back then in your apartment to save Donghyuk. I’m telling you the truth when I said she is strongly attached to him and it’s very hard for me to exorcise him in his condition.” Haneul explains calmly.

 

“But it doesn’t mean you have to break both his legs!” Bobby finally explodes. “Now they said his injury is serious! What will happen if he can’t walk again one day?! How are you going to be responsible for that?!” The room falls into silence, a deafening one that is as thick as the brick walls separating them with the people outside.

 

“I had no choice. It’s the only way to get her out. Physical pain comes as the last result to disperse demon or any evil spirits inside one’s body. I don’t like to use that measure either but if I drag the time longer, he could really die.” Haneul’s voice sounds so tired and soft, they almost feel pity for him. They know he has done everything in his power to help them. But Bobby’s anger is somewhat understandable too.

 

Because just like what the doctor has told them 40 minutes ago, there might be a chance Donghyuk won’t be able to use both his legs anymore.

 

Now here they are after Donghyuk’s surgery is over, sitting in the waiting room contemplating every choices they could have taken. Hanbin’s head is playing with so many possibilities. What will happen to Donghyuk now? What will happen to his future? Is Yunhyeong doing okay? His surgery is taking so many hours until they have lost count on how much time has passed. Severe head concussion and possible damage of organs the doctor has said. God, this really isn’t a good time for all 7 of them.

 

Then Chanwoo, how is Hanbin going to convince the boy that his life isn’t over yet? How can he help the maknae to get back on his feet after everything that has happened? Hanbin doesn’t know. He sighs out loud, not caring if the others look at him weirdly. His head is spinning badly and heart broken in pieces. s are all tired and half of them have their spirits shattered beyond fixing.

 

Bobby is still saying things Hanbin couldn’t register. The leader eventually takes a stand, leave the room without looking back. He walks not longer than 3 minutes and here he is, standing right before he door separating him and his beloved one. Hanbin hesitates, but he opens the door.

 

The touch of metal in his hand is cold, yet not as cold as when his eyes set on the maknae sleeping peacefully on his bed, with both his hands tied to the bed rail as an attempt for him to stop pulling the IV drip and trashing around hurting himself. Hanbin feels like wanting to cry. This is bad. This is really really bad. It’s like Chanwoo is back on the first day he realized of his newfound terrifying ghost-seeing ability but 10 times worse than that too.

 

He slowly put his body down on the chair beside the maknae. Hanbin doesn’t even dare to touch Chanwoo because he is too scared of waking the latter up. If he’s awake, he could guess how frantic the nurses will burst inside the room at the sound of his loud screams just to put him down yet again with another tranquilizer. He hates it when they do that but he understands they have no other choices in this situation.

 

This time, not even Haneul can get Chanwoo out from this darkness.

 

 

 

 

All of them; including Haneul who has never left their side since he’s arrived in the hospital with a bloodied Donghyuk hours ago, are waiting by the door of the surgery room. Yunhyeong, Donghyuk and Chanwoo’s parents are present although now it’s only Yunhyeong’s family sitting in the waiting area with the rest. Donghyuk’s mother and sister are inside the ICU and Chanwoo’s parents are discussing important things with the specialist about their son’s condition.

 

Dara and Chaerin are here too giving support for the boys. Both of the women are crying. The worst is Dara. “What happened?! I thought things won’t come to this?!” Dara to the psychic standing meters away from the iKON members with two worried women before him, demanding answers. Haneul has to explain to them over and over again, just like how he did to the members in the waiting room minutes ago. Dara and Chaerin are in absolute shock learning of what has happened overnight for the boys.

 

“How about Chanwoo?” Chaerin inquires to Jinhwan when she walks ahead to the chairs the boys are sitting on. Hanbin can see how hesitated Jinhwan is trying to explain about the maknae to her. He tells her about Donghyuk attacking Chanwoo, resulting in multiple injuries but at least he saves about the worst one. Chaerin doesn’t need to know about that, it will just shame Chanwoo more.

 

They wait for an everlasting hours nobody could speak about. By then, Hanbin is sure it’s almost 3 AM and out of nowhere, the WINNER is here too; looking all disheveled and equally stressed like the rest of them. Hanbin can feel how tight Mino’s hug on him while the older is crying, asking if he is alright or not for so many times. But Hanbin can’t truthfully answer him.

 

Then the surgery door is opened and 2 doctors came out wearing the striking green clothes. They look as tired as all of them but that not stopping everybody to hurdle around them.

 

“The longest moment is behind us now.” The oldest of the doctor, with wrinkles over his face said to the group. “Song Yoonhyung-goon is safe.” Loud relief is heard from Yunhyeong’s parents and sister. The other awaits patiently for anything more.

 

“He is currently stable but for now we can’t allow any visitors. His condition requires a very strict supervision and isolation. But since he has been out for so long, we could allow only one person from his own family members to see him for now.” The younger doctor said and it is decided Yunhyeong’s mother will go to see him first. The news of the surgery is a success bring outmost relief to them; especially Yunhyeong’s fellow members. Jinhwan is already shedding tears in Bobby’s arm while June is grinning widely. Hanbin definitely is smiling in relief too, knowing at least all of s survived the night.

 

“Can I know how’s my son is doing?” Yunhyeong’s father is curious and very worried when he asks the two doctors before they leave.

 

“He has a severe cerebral hemorrhage inside his brain but we have successfully removed them. He might won’t be waking up for a few days from the effect of the surgery though. He will be placed in the ICU just in case any unwanted episode of epilepsy occurs so he needs to be looked after regularly.”

 

“Epile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter