THIRTEEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

When Hanbin arrives at the hospital, it’s already 7 PM. Luckily that the urgent meeting with the YG staff ended early or else he couldn’t make it for his shift on accompanying the maknae. Jaeho hyung is the one sending him by a van, asking him to take a very good care of the unconscious maknae. The concern of their manager warms Hanbin’s heart. After all, he’s the closet one to Chanwoo.

 

He takes the lift to the maknae’s floor. He makes it to the room in time for the last shift of visitor. It has been Yunhyeong and Donghyuk who have been taking care of Chanwoo since the early morning. As Hanbin arrives, they pack up their things and ready to leave but not before taking one last look at the sleeping Chanwoo. Donghyuk holds his hand longer, staring at the maknae with an unknowing look, Hanbin just stares at him. At the same time, Yunhyeong comes closer to him, the blue small duffel bag clinging to his right shoulder.

 

“Will you be taking care of him by yourself tonight?” It won’t take a genius to see that Yunhyeong is worried. The last 2 days incident of Chanwoo vomiting blood whilst thrashing around on his bed would stay in their minds for a long time. Worst because Hanbin, Yunhyeong, Bobby and Seungyoon are the people who have been standing right in front of the room when the nurses are on frantic trying to calm a hysteric Chanwoo. They see how bad his condition is with all the blood spurting from the wound over his throat and the fact that he has been screaming isn’t much helping. He starts to pass out just a minute before the doctor will put him down with tranquilizer and since then, Chanwoo hasn’t opened his eyes once.

 

The doctors have no answer to that. They are even confused on why would the maknae suddenly being hysterical after hurting himself in his unconscious state then not waking up. But the members know, thus they let WINNER members take over the role on contacting Hwan Haneul whilst the rest of iKON deal with the company, fans and Chanwoo.

 

“I’ll be fine, hyung. Don’t worry.” Hanbin utters, convincing the older that he is capable of looking after the maknae all by himself for the night—because the other members are preoccupied with other schedule thus it left Hanbin alone. He can’t let Yunhyeong and Donghyuk to stay any longer for they must have been tired too. A smile from Yunhyeong is enough of an answer that he will be okay to leave the maknae to the leader. “Donghyukkie, let’s go.” And the dancer breaks his hand away from Chanwoo and walks out with Yunhyeong, but not before bidding the leader goodnight. When they have left, it is only Hanbin and the tranquility of the room accompanies by the even breathing of the maknae by the oxygen mask as his company.

 

Hanbin starts to relax himself on the chair beside the bed. He watches the maknae sleeping soundly without any worries of the world and Hanbin is envious of that. But at the same time, he’s scared. Terrified for the thought of Chanwoo not opening his eyes again. That thoughts have been haunting him since day 1 all these tragedies happened months ago. Which is why, sometimes, Hanbin prefers to sleep with the maknae. He wants to make sure that the next morning, Chanwoo will open his eyes again. He would start opening his good-for-nothing sassy mouth that only spills nonsense and annoying remarks to his hyungs and his one of a kind laughter that has always left such kind of impression to Hanbin for a long time.

 

But of course, that’s a secret he alone knows of.

 

“What are you dreaming on about right now, Chanwoo?” Hanbin asks although he knows he will get no answer. But it’s better rather than him sitting there while staring at Chanwoo with his mind thinking of all the bad scenarios that could happen next if he diverts his attention just for one minute. As much as Hanbin seems less caring in Chanwoo’s case unlike Yunhyeong, Jinhwan or Donghyuk, deep inside he truly cares for the maknae’s well-being. In fact, Hanbin knows the most how hell it is when the first time he sees Chanwoo’s body lying down on the floor of the practice room months back, in blood and coldness which all of them think they have lost the youngest.

 

The memories of that day somehow brought him to the conversation he had with Jiyong that morning. Whilst Seunghoon contacted him, telling him that they will try and contact Haneul, it’s Hanbin turns to meet up Jiyong himself, to ask him if he knows what’s happening to Chanwoo. He doesn’t know why would he ask that question to him when his first motive is to inquire about Haneul’s whereabouts. But the lady’s luck is on his side for Jiyong seems to know something too.

 

Jiyong had told him about how T.O.P was on a coma and about Jiyong himself had his own spare of experience with those creatures. He had told Hanbin that it was either Chanwoo was possessed; which Hanbin had a thought too for days before he was first possessed months ago after he was attack, Chanwoo had been in a coma. But he doubted that would be the reason for the members had tried putting on the pendant on Chanwoo and there was no reaction. Another theory, Chanwoo was dreaming of something; things that either could help him out from his trouble or things that is dreadful for him to see. Hanbin feared the last one terribly. Jiyong had been telling him that there was no other way to wake him up unless by Haneul’s help or by Chanwoo’s own wills.

 

Yet considering they still haven’t had a contact with the psychic, they have to bet on Chanwoo to do it by himself.

 

Hanbin sighs heavily, feeling the day has been quite hard on him. He takes the notebook that he borrowed from June out from his backpack and sets it on his lap. He starts to watch some drama to ease his mind while occasionally throwing his glance to the sleeping maknae, in case he really does wake up; which would do Hanbin a great favor. But in the midway, he gets bored. Closing it down, he starts to stare at the maknae again. Watching the up and down of his chest that gives him peace. Touching Chanwoo’s hand on the bed, Hanbin takes it into his, holding it tight as he prays.

 

“Please, wake up Chanwoo. Hyung miss you.” He closes his eyes and hopes for Chanwoo to wake up. As he does so, suddenly he feels cold all over his body. Sensing the sudden drop of temperature, he shots his eyes open and looks around the room. There’s nothing over there and everything looks normal. Being wary, Hanbin quickly but slowly grabs his backpack from under his feet by the foot of the bed and takes out something from it. He then puts it around his wrist and tangles it around Chanwoo’s as well making both of their hands’ bound together with a same string. His eyes wander around the room, the temperature is still colder than the usual. Then he sees it, something by the window a few feet away from Chanwoo’s bed caught his attention. At first, Hanbin thoughts it’s the shadow from the light outside the hospital’s building. But when a movement catches his attention, he knows it isn’t a shadow.

 

He holds on Chanwoo’s hand tight, waiting for whatever it is to come and it does, when the shadow suddenly grows bigger than the window and looks like something is hovering from it. Hanbin is frightened but he knows he shouldn’t be scared of it easily. Remembering how Chanwoo experiences much worse than this, gains him some bravery.

 

“Leave us alone.” He sternly said, not even a stutter nor tremble is heard from his voice. “Leave him alone.”

 

Hanbin’s hold on Chanwoo doesn’t break. He holds onto the hand firmly whilst eyes not leaving the big shadow over the window. Then, as if answering his order, it is gone and the room’s temperature is back to normal. A soft whimper from the bed makes him startled and Hanbin is fast on his legs to grab Chanwoo’s face in between his hands. He watches the maknae still whimpering and his lips moving, but his eyes remain close.

 

“Chanwoo?” Hanbin is being hopeful, he wants him to wake up. He wishes for the maknae to open his eyes but it remains closed. Instead only his lips is moving, brows furrowed and he keeps whimpering. Then Chanwoo starts to calm down again, the whimpers turn less and his face is relax. But then Hanbin finds Chanwoo is slightly gripping their intertwined hands. And he hears his voice, “Thank you, Hanbin hyung.” And he falls back to sleep.

 

Hanbin smiles at that, knowing he has done the right thing. For the first time, he finally could protect Chanwoo from those things. Gripping Chanwoo’s hand tighter, Hanbin now knows that Jiyong is right.

 

Chanwoo is definitely dreaming of something, maybe searching for ways out from this nightmare he’s put into. But no matter how it hard it is, Hanbin is certain that he will always support the younger.

 

 

 

 

“So you saw it too.” Yunhyeong voices out right after hearing Hanbin’s explanation of the event last night. On the next day, all the other members come to visit Chanwoo and thankfully, all of them have the day’s off thus they thought it mig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter