THIRTYSEVEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

/author walks in shyly/ Hello~ It's been 2 weeks. Not os late right? huhuhu ^^

Anyway I've been re-editing and re-planning this story and finally we're getting a solid answer. This story will end at chapter 40. Starting from this chapter until the end, it will be quite long but i hope you guys will still read from start until the end and give me your thoughts ok? ^^ 

Without further ado let's go!!!

 

 

Chanwoo walked ahead few steps before he stopped and turned back. The blue horizon as far as eyes can see was what met his eyes. His brows furrowed and eyes hurting from the scorching sun above his head he had to put up one hand above his eyebrows to see better where he was going thanks to the burning light. It was so hot and he was so lost.

 

Which if he came back to the beach house and told Haneul about it, the man would be laughing off hardly. Like, how can anyone ever be lost in the beach? Yet here he was, he couldn’t managed to find the way back to the high ground. Instead, he was walking far off until the bay area.

 

It was his fault actually, he could have just stayed at one side of the beach. Yet he had wander off to nowhere until the other side of the island with far away walks back to his home. Now when he had wanted to go back, he was lost. “What a bad day.” He muttered while trudging along the sand, climbed up a few steep rocks until he found a cave. It wasn’t a big one but enough to cover himself from the sun. As he stepped inside and sat at the entrance, he felt sleepy. He dozed off afterwards.

 

Only to wake up to see the sun had set. Cursing loudly, he stood up from where he had lied down. “! It’s getting late.” He was indeed worry about all the dangers and things he might see during nighttime but he was much more terrified to go home and met an angry Haneul. God, that man despite his calm nature was pretty scary when angered. Chanwoo hopped off from the rocks, walked along the shore only to stop in the middle of his walks.

 

“Where should I go…..” he trailed off with eyes roaming around the dark places. Despite the lights coming out from the houses above ground, he knew this wasn’t the right way back home. It was far and even if he walked up the ground, it might get him much lost as he didn’t know which side of the island his beach house was at. Chanwoo was at the dead end, he didn’t even bring his phone along to call Haneul and it was getting darker. He was doomed.

 

“This is why you are being babysit Jung Chanwoo you can’t even take care of yourself.” He muttered to himself again as he walked away aimlessly, following the shore of the beach. Hearing the water splashing around was calming, but hearing other voices wasn’t.

 

“Hey.”

 

He ignored it, he knew nothing good will come to him if he answered that call. That cold feminine voice calling for him wasn’t a good sign. He was alone after all so it made sense what it was.

 

“Hey.”

 

It called for him again and this time Chanwoo felt chills running down his spine. But he kept moving forward, not wanting to engage in anything he shouldn’t face. He wasn’t that strong yet though Haneul kept telling him he was ready. Chanwoo remembered how loud he scoffed when the psychic said that. How can anyone be strong when you can see dead people?

 

“I’m talking to you!!”

 

And something just swiftly appeared right in front of his face. A young woman with blood all over her face, yelling and glaring at him with black eyes. Chanwoo stumbled back in shock, he fell down onto the sand. Opening his eyes again he saw she was standing there, smirking at him with torn apart by the side. She was almost with clothes torn apart. It was a horrible scene to see.

 

Chanwoo tried to remember all his training on what he should do in case he encountered an angry ghost. But before he could muster up all his strength, another voice greeted him from his back.

 

“Leave him alone.”

 

Chanwoo was stunned and so did the woman. She looked up from Chanwoo on the ground to something behind him. Her smirk fell down replaced by a dark and menacing frown. “Go away. This has nothing to do with you.”

 

“Seriously? After all this time?”

 

A wind passed by Chanwoo and as he tilted his head to the side, a figure of a young man met his view. A man wearing a grey hoodie with a navy jeans. His hair was tousled in style like the hairstyle college students would pull of nowadays. He had both hands inside his pockets as he looked at the woman with bored expression. Chanwoo was close to stand up and hide behind him but he declined the idea when he saw something.

 

The man’s legs weren’t touching the ground. Another ghost or he could say spirits.

 

“You know noona, this is the exact reason why you have no friends. If you keep on scaring people, they will run away. Haish!” The man spoke to her in a matter-of-factly tone. Like he was taunting on her.

 

The woman’s face turned into a large scowl in seconds, and somehow she didn’t look that scary anymore. “That’s what our job is; scaring people! How can you be so stupid huh?!”

 

“I don’t remember we have that in our job description.” He yawned. “Oh wait, we don’t have any job description to begin with.”

 

“Exactly. Now if you will excuse me, I have a victim.” She turned to Chanwoo and lifted both her hands like a gesture to choke on him but she stopped.

 

“What for? I don’t think he’s scared already. Look, he seems disinterested.” He said pointing hand at a confused Chanwoo on the ground who was looking less tense than seconds ago.

 

She whined animatedly while stomping both her feet that never touched the ground. The woman scowled again, “This is all your fault! He’s not scared anymore! You shouldn’t talk to me!!”

 

An amused chuckle came out from the man. “Well, too bad then.”

 

“Arghh!!”

 

Chanwoo swore he had never feel so lost right now. As he kept on watching the two ghosts before him bickering like no tomorrow, he eventually forgot he was on the ground now, pants soaked by the damp sand. But he didn’t mind them, this scene in front of him was so mesmerizing and weird for him not to be amused. They kept on bickering with the young man looking very bored and the woman nagging like how Bobby used to rap. She was funny.

 

 

 

“Umm I’m sorry but who are you guys again?”

 

Both of them looked over him at once and Chanwoo wasn’t sure how would tonight be this comical.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So that’s how I met Deok Hwan.” Chanwoo utters to Hanbin answering his boyfriend’s question about his friend while they’re sitting side by side on the bench inside the garden Haneul and Chanwoo have been working on since they got to Mokpo. “He helped me to get back home after that, but not before I had to watch he bickered with the woman ghost. It was hilarious.” He chuckles remembering the memories, such a comical moment in a supposed to be horrifying situation. Hanbin can’t help but to smile along with him.

 

“You’ve been friends with him since then?”

 

Chanwoo nods. “Yes, and with noona. Sometimes we hang out at the coast.”

 

“You’re not afraid of them anymore? The ghosts?” Hanbin questions the other who’s sitting right beside him, their hands are safe in each other whilst taking in all the peaceful air around the garden. Hanbin has to agree, Mokpo is such a beautiful place. Though isolated from the outside world, it has its own charms that catch all attentions. He is glad Haneul brings Chanwoo here for an escape, it’s a good place for him to heal.

 

“I can’t say I’m not afraid of them 100%. There are still times I’m shaking from head to toe from cold or my heart racing in fear.” Chanwoo utters, at this Hanbin’s hold on him tightens. Showing the maknae his support. “But I know I am brave enough to defend myself now. Even helping them.” He smiles warmly as he looks back to Hanbin. “I believe some of them need my help, hyung. Maybe that’s why I am blessed with these eyes. I am meant to help them achieve peace. It’s my journey.”

 

Hanbin nods along before he pecks Chanwoo on his lips, both smiling like an idiot. “No more cursed eyes, eh?”

 

Chanwoo nods with his smile not faltering. “No more.” He cuddles close to Hanbin, burying his head in the crook of the other’s neck. Hanbin’s scent calms him down and Chanwoo’s heart is at peace. Having the leader here wrapping his arms around his waist is peaceful for Chanwoo to just sleep forever.

 

After a few minutes basked in silence and each other’s presence, Chanwoo voices out, “Do you really need to go back to Seoul today, hyung?”

 

Hanbin’s hand softly patting his head, playing with his locks. It melts Chanwoo’s heart. “I have to. The next album is still in process and I got a lot of works to do. But don’t worry, I’ll come back for you okay?” Chanwoo smiles, nodding his head although he knows Hanbin won’t see him. But the older is chuckling and he pecks on Chanwoo’s forehead. “Until then, can you promise me to take a good care of yourself?”

 

“I will, hyung.” He looks up to let Hanbin gives him a breathless kiss. Passionate like the warm sun is giving out now, a blessing to the earth.

 

“That’s my good boy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a much reluctant hugs and goodbyes, Hanbin walks ahead to the train station bidding his farewell to Chanwoo and Haneul. He enters the station building, making sure his mask would cover up his face well. He doesn’t have the mood to let other people recognizing him here, not when he comes to Mokpo with short notice to the company and managers. He ques up to the counter, buys his ticket and heads to the platform waiting for his train to arrive. Taking a seat while sipping a cup of hot coffee, Hanbin waits with mind drifting off to Chanwoo whom his departure with him is barely over 30 minutes ago.

 

Hanbin smiles as his fingers absentmindedly ghosting over his chapped lips. Memories of last night flashed in front of his eyes as his thoughts drift to the best night of his life ever. He stares with a dumb smile hidden by the mask at how his hands are holding his loved one, how his fingers lingered on his body, how his eyes keep on admiring the beautiful being right in front of him squirming and letting him pour out his love to him. Oh, not to mention what Hanbin has done with his lips to him; calling his name, petting him and claiming the younger as his.

 

He blushes madly. He has to stop, oh it is so embarrassing to let himself be engulfed in his dirty mind at the moment in public. Hanbin scoffs loudly followed by a low chuckle. He misses Chanwoo so much that it drives him crazy and the amount of time they have spent last night is like his ticket to experience what heaven feels like. Chanwoo is his heaven. He fishes out his phone from his jeans pocket and types in a message to the other. Still having those big smiles on his face Hanbin is sure his lips might just tear apart.

 

To: Maknae Chanu

I miss you already baby. ;)

 

It doesn’t even take a few minutes for him to get a reply.

 

From: Maknae Chanu

I miss you more hyung. T.T

Be careful alright? Tell me when you’ve arrived in Seoul ^^

I love you Hanbin hyung :D

 

“Why you have to be so cute?” He says to himself before putting the phone back into his pocket and sips on his hot coffee, even his heart feels hot and warm remembering his Chanwoo.

 

 

 

 

Hanbin is waiting for his train to come but it has been almost 1 hour and a half. He is annoyed and even weirded out on how this is possible. But maybe today isn’t just his day so he sits there quietly by the bench and keeps on waiting. His coffee is already emptied and tossed away inside the trashcan.

 

He looks at his wrist watch and it’s nearing 3PM. The platform has only him alone and he hates to be sitting there by himself waiting like an idiot. He stands up, both hands stuffed inside his hoodie’s pockets as he steps closer to the line. Suddenly, an announcement is made coming from the speakers.

 

”Attention to all passengers of KTX 37765, the train will be arriving later than the scheduled time due to a short delay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.”

 

“That .” He mutters lowly and takes the seat by the bench he used to sit minutes ago. If he knows better, he would buy another cup of cappuccino. Hanbin doesn’t even feel anything strange when it’s obvious he is the only one waiting in the platform.

 

 

 

 

 

The dorm is in silent like the usual. With only June, Bobby and Jinhwan alone in the dorm, the place seems too big for them. Not to mention how lonely it gets as Bobby is always out in the studio and June is by the gym. Jinhwan is forced to live in solidary of his dorm by himself. Not one he could complain much though after what has happened.

 

He steps out to the kitchen to grab some drinks. He has been feeling thirsty for hours but waking up from his comfy bed and walking outside is a pain in the . So he waits, and waits and waits until he can’t bear the feeling of sandpaper rubbing inside his throat anymore. He decides to take one glass and a jar of water inside his room then.

 

He’s rummaging through the cabinets for the jar when the sound of password pushed inside the passcode is heard. He sighs in relief, somebody is finally home and he won’t be lonely anymore. Jinhwan purposely moving slowly in whatever he’s doing as he waits for Bobby or June to emerge from the doorway. When he looks back at the sound of foot stepping, he is surprised to see it’s neither them both.

 

“Oh? I never thought you’ll be home this early.” With a hint of amusement in his voice, Jinhwan watches the figure moving inside towards the living room. He smirks, making a mental note to tease the other on his short trip away from the hustle and bustle of Seoul into the calm countryside filled with seas and beaches. Oh, what a romantic getaway it is.

 

Jinhwan moves to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter