TEN.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Thank you for all the love~ Enjoy ;)

 

 

The next day Chanwoo wakes up he ceases to talk and it last for days to count. No words formed, and the members are okay with that. They know that situation is too hard for the younger to bear so it’s okay if he doesn’t want to talk. He doesn’t pay any attention anymore whenever anyone is speaking—hardly if he wants to say something nor even continuing the conversation. Donghyuk however has been giving his all to cheer the maknae up, inviting him to watch LG Twins’ baseball games or other dramas that he knows the maknae would like but the only think Donghyuk receives will either be a chaste smile or a complete silence. The dancer hasn’t given up yet though, no matter how hard June asks for him to stop fooling himself.

 

Yunhyeong is always there asking the maknae how he wants his pancake to be or what kind of food he wants to eat for the day. Chanwoo would occasionally said ‘I’m not hungry’ or he would cast a simple ‘I eat anything hyung’ when they all know how picky the maknae is when it comes to food. Hanbin does nothing other than keeping the maknae to sleep at night, waking him up whenever he has a nightmare then tucking him back to sleep. Jinhwan would replace him in times whenever the leader can’t be there.

 

Bobby on the other hand has always been observant to anything the maknae does but keeps his distance because yes he is still traumatized by the incident exactly 3 days ago. June stays silent, but the worried glances he gives towards Chanwoo and his unbelievable lies telling Yunhyeong about his frequent visit to the upstairs is because he’s bored when they know he doesn’t come up much unless when there is food. They know June has been very guilty ever since the night.

 

They even know it’s fine if the maknae hates them for not letting him to die. But they have no choice, how could they let the maknae they care about to just die? No one can live with that, they can’t. So they don’t mind if Chanwoo is angry with them. As long as he lives, that’s good enough.

 

Jinhwan enters Chanwoo’s room the next evening after he has returned from his schedule. The maknae is sitting by the floor leaning his back at the bed. He’s looking at something in complete trance. JInhwan comes closer and sits right beside him, Chanwoo shows no reaction at all.

 

“Chanwoo…” Jinhwan calls for him, Chanwoo’s eyes blink twice showing he acknowledges the older presence but he makes no effort to look at Jinhwan at all. The older clenches his jaw at that, feeling the pang of being ignored gnawing in his heart. “I brought you something.” Jinhwan takes the small gift box out from his back pocket, he shows it to Chanwoo with a small smile on his face. “Here, I bought you the toy figures you like. You always wanted this version, right?” Chanwoo side glances the older and the gift in his hands. It’s a small keychain figures of his favorite baseball team, LG Twins. He eyed it for few seconds before taking the figure in his hands, fumbling with it for a bit. Jinhwan carefully observes the maknae’s reaction. Wanting to know if the present he has spent almost 2 hours searching in the gift shop could lift the maknae’s mood.

 

Chanwoo finally turns his head to face Jinhwan and a small subtle smile appears on his sunken face. “Thanks hyung.” He thanked Jinhwan before continue facing the new gift he got. Jinhwan is happy to see the positive reaction. Without any warning, Chanwoo suddenly leans his body onto Jinhwan, placing his head on the latter’s lap. Jinhwan has to straighten his legs to allow himself in a comfortable sitting position for both him and Chanwoo. The maknae lies down casually, hands still holding the toy as he side lying with his head supported with Jinhwan’s lap. He closes his eyes in pleasure as he said, “I miss you, Jinan hyung.”

 

Jinhwan on the other side is perplexed. He is quite taken aback by the affection Chanwoo is showing that has been absent for the past few months. He grins for a second before suddenly Jinhwan is struck with a wave of sadness, he feels the tears building up in his eyes as he tries to not cry. He places his right hand along Chanwoo’s waist while the left one the maknae’s jet-black hair. Jinhwan unconsciously sniffs trying to get rid of his tears only for him to fail. He continuous on Chanwoo’s hair, trying to make the younger falls asleep. That has always been Chanwoo’s activity other than practicing and the schedule they have lately; sleep.

 

Jinhwan tries to hold on the tears, only for it to fall down nonetheless. But by that time, Chanwoo is already fast asleep and the sky has turned darker. “Hyung miss you too, Chanwoo-ah.”

 

 

 

 

They have a radio broadcast that night and it lasted for 2 hours unexpectedly for the Love Scenario promotion. There has been many topics to be shared, songs to be introduced, calls from fans to be taken and all sort of things done. It is during the night that Chanwoo hates to be out, but he has no choice. He said nothing, of course, how can he whine and run away like a child anymore? He faces it, he faces them, which are watching him very intently from the other side of the room leading to the staff sitting behind the glass wall and from the very inside of the recording booth itself.

 

Chanwoo doesn’t want to admit it but the room is cold, way too cold for the temperature to be in the middle of autumn. Yet he endures it well, occasionally taking Yunhyeong’s hand from under the table to share warmth. Gladly, the older doesn’t mind. But even more concern sensing how cold Chanwoo’s hands are. Yunhyeong would steal few glances to the maknae beside him whenever he has the chance to while the DJ is too occupied asking June something with the others laughing along. He can see how uncomfortable Chanwoo is behind his calm façade. How his feet would twitch up in few minutes, head looking down for a while before coming up again, eyes focusing everywhere and hands as cold as ice holding Yunhyeong’s warm skin. Yunhyeong can see very clearly that the maknae is disturbed.

 

He has learned from the past few months about the maknae’s attitude adapting to his terrifying ability. He is certain that the other members have caught up on it too. How the maknae would suddenly having his attention elsewhere in the space, eyes searching for anything that makes him very uneasy. Then, when his eyes focus on something only to look away from the spot, it means there is something there. Something that Chanwoo refuses to see. His hands will get cold afterwards and he won’t lift his head up, not until he is brave enough to see whatever has been scaring him.

 

Yunhyeong has already mastered the maknae’s nature thus when the cold hands of Chanwoo and his divided attention are being too obvious, he signals for the leader who is sitting across from him. With knowing glances and fingers movement, Hanbin understands it right away and he ushers for the DJ to speed things up with the broadcast, of course in a laidback, entertaining and professional ways. They have been doing this job for 3 years already they know how to play along. During the agonizing times for the broadcast to end, Yunhyeong will squeeze onto Chanwoo’s hands, giving his comfort for the maknae. Chanwoo is confused with Yunhyeong sudden clinginess but he said nothing. In fact, he can’t said anything at all.

 

Not when the black hideous thing is standing right behind his Yunhyeong hyung. Automatically Chanwoo retracts his hand, taking Yunhyeong by surprise. His head is hangs low, eyes wide open and fingers fumbling together. His act resembles a lost child, it makes Yunhyeong very worried. He tries to call for the maknae’s attention but then the DJ diverts a question to him, something about iKON and the group ambitions and such.  Yunhyeong gears up for a quick and relevant answer so that he can bring back his focus on the maknae. Then out of nowhere, Chanwoo suddenly stands up from his seat surprising everyone but he covers it up with him fixing his pants and others lame excuses. Luckily the DJ finds him cute but the members are quite confused.

 

“I thought you are going to make a run, Jung Chanwoo-shii. From the way you stood up, it’s like you’re in a shock.” The DJ casually addresses it, not not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter