FIVE.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

The sky is darkening with shade of oranges and dark blues, it’s getting late and night will come soon. Haneul, Youngbae and Jiyong decided to call it a day as they bow down to Mr. and Mrs. Jung showing their gratitude for helping them. Chanwoo hears his father asking what his plan is next and the psychic mentioning something about helping out a bit at the YG Company. Chanwoo hopes whatever it is he’s doing will give a positive impact to himself too. Haneul gives his last smile to Chanwoo for the day before he walks out from the room with Youngbae and Jiyong leading him, promising the young boy that he will come again. They move past the room until the lift. When the door is opened, they hop in but Haneul asks for Youngbae to not close the door yet, he asks to wait for somebody.

 

Youngbae and Jiyong wait for few seconds but no one shows up. Luckily it’s only the three of them in the lift or else people will be getting pissed. Then Haneul occasionally mentioning “alright close them now” to Youngbae. Feeling quite peculiar, he just did what the psychic asks him to. The lift door closes, and it slowly moves down to the ground floor. Whilst waiting for that split seconds, Haneul suddenly speaks up, “You know, if you want to make that boy feels better, rather than standing over the window and scaring him you should at least make him feel a bit better.” Youngbae and Jiyong’s heads quickly snapped towards Haneul’s direction as he speaks. Both of the best friends have their brows furrowed noticing that the psychic isn’t talking to any of them. In fact, his eyes are darted at the space beside him which is clearly empty.

 

Nods from his head then a nonchalant banter, “Try to talk to him!” He spats, his calm face just now suddenly changes as if mocking somebody, “Really? Did you even try to tell him that?” Jiyong gives an urgency stares to Youngbae, inquiring his best friend of the man’s weird actions. But Youngbae shushes him down, although he does feel uncomfortable too, he could understand what’s happening.

 

He has seen much worse than Haneul speaking to an empty space.

 

The lift’s door is opened, there are many people standing over it waiting to get inside. The three men swiftly moves past the crowds towards the exit but not before Haneul exclaiming out loud, “Do tell me if you see him doing anything strange alright?!” His unusual loud voice catches other people attention yet luckily no one notices him actually talking to no one at all. When Haneul has finally catching up with Youngbae and Jiyong, they ask him what he is doing talking to himself. But the psychic looks over them weirdly saying, “I’m not talking to myself. I’m talking to the lady nurse who has been creeping inside Chanwoo’s room all these time.” His words catch both Youngbae and Jiyong’s interest. They would like to know what they have been talking about. “Oh, nothing new. Just she telling me that she wants to reassure him that it’s fine to see them and not to be afraid. But unfortunately, her persuasion and strategy isn’t much working.”

 

“What did she do?” Jiyong asks curious.

 

“Well, I don’t know about anyone but if I were Chanwoo, being a boy in his 19 watching all the madness of the beings from other world swirling their ways into your life all of a sudden, I would be freaking out too” Youngbae and Jiyong nod their heads at that, because it is true. “Well, I told her that she should try to persuade him slowly rather than just blatantly showing her ….. form in front of him directly.” Haneul utters. “No wonder that kid is freaking out, she doesn’t introduce herself first. Just barged into his room the first day he woke up then letting people see Chanwoo talking to a wall.” He continues, Youngbae on his right having an amused expression.

 

“So what’s proper for her to do? Showing an introduction video or something?” Jiyong cackles up at Youngbae’s jokes. “More like an auditioning.” The producer butts in, erupting small chuckles to them three.

 

“Well, you guys need to audition first before entering YG right? I guess she’s no exception.” Haneul adds as he enters Youngbae’s car and they drive towards the exit of the hospital. It’s getting dark and the road is busy. They’re glad they made it out in time or else they might be stuck in a traffic jam for hours.

 

“So, about Chanwoo’s dreams…” Jiyong speaks up from the passenger seat, “I guess whatever it is you’re worrying about, is true then?” He asks towards Haneul who’s sitting in front of him. The psychic let out a heavy sigh, confirming Jiyong’s curiosity.

 

“Unfortunately, yes.” Haneul says. “Things are going to be quite hard for him if he doesn’t get his fear under control.” He added before sighing again loudly. The pressure he puts on the word is clear. “Which is very hard considering the incident that happens to that kid.”

 

Occasionally throwing his glance to the road ahead and Haneul, Youngbae could see the worries in Haneul’s sunken face. The fatigue from that night exorcising Chanwoo hasn’t wear of yet. “Should we tell about this to s at least? That boy lives with them, his time mostly is spent with s compared to his parents.” Jiyong nods at Youngbae’s suggestion. “He’s right. At least, if there’s anything s could do few things.”  

 

Haneul throws his gaze to the scenery outside. The night is coming soon as the streetlights are slowly lighted up. “You are right. They should know.” He says, watching the pedestrians walking along the sidewalks, with those other things lurking around. “They should be aware of the danger befalling that poor kid.”

 

 

 

 

Haneul’s meeting with Chanwoo does not just end that day. He comes by a lot to visit him at the hospital, even attending few psychology’s therapy done for Chanwoo. Although some of it usually ends with no positive result and some quite in disaster. The worst is when the psychologist attempts a hypnosis therapy to him. It goes on smoothly in the beginning, but hell begins when he starts to scream loudly, thrashing in his seat with hollers of his begging for help. Then Chanwoo stops, laughter accompanies seconds later as he looks at every living person in the room with the wicked smile on his face. Haneul realizes that he’s possessed at that moment. With no option, he has to chase the spirit away from Chanwoo’s body. It works, but the maknae ends up unconscious for 3 days afterwards with continuous bleeding from his nose and ears. The psychologist has it worst that time. She is almost sued by Chanwoo’s father.

 

It is Yunhyeong and Bobby that stay in the hospital with Chanwoo’s mother during the 3 days. Their other members visit too after they have done with each schedule. Haneul has told them of Chanwoo’s dreams, even giving his own 2 cents and some advices for them to assist the maknae whenever he’s having trouble with his days. After Chanwoo wakes up 3 days later, the first sentences that is out form is mouth to everyone in the room is, “Please, I don’t want to live like this.” He keeps chanting those words, even his mother’s tears with Yunhyeong and Jinhwan begging him to stop won’t keep him down from it. Then out of nowhere, he starts to scream. Body wriggling under his blanket as he points his finger to the wall before him. Screaming like a maniac as he says, “Stay away from me! GO!” The doctor has no choice but to inject him with tranquilizer. It’s hard for both his parents and s.

 

But it’s the hardest for Haneul. He knows he can help the boy, but with Chanwoo’s state of condition he is met with dead end.

 

He eyed the nurse ghost and motions her to leave the room after Chanwoo falls asleep. He knows it is not the time yet for her to help him out.

 

 

 

 

All s meet Haneul at the hospital the next day, the 6 men lined up before the youngest ward room facing Haneul who comes alone. They beg for him to help their maknae out.

 

“I am doing my best.” Haneul says. “But it is very important for you guys to know that it’s useless if we are the only one fighting for him. Chanwoo has to fight too.” He adds, eyes carefully watching the distress looks on each Chanwoo’s members’ faces. It is quite obvious none of them have a proper rest at all.

 

“C—Can you make them go away?” Donghyuk asks. “The g—ghost.” He whispers out the sentence in stutter, his dark black hair disheveled in all wrong places. Haneul feels sorry for all of them.

 

He shakes his head. “You know I can’t.” He says. “But Chanwoo can.” s become hopeful. “How?!” It’s June Haneul believes asking that in much urgency and hopeful.

 

“By accepting the fact he lives with the ability to see them.” His words make the other 6 having their brows furrowed. All in confusion and denial.

 

“How is that anyway to help him? You see how crazy he goes whenever he opens his eyes seeing those things! How can he accept that?!” Bobby raises his voice, if it’s not because of Yunhyeong holding him, the rapper would have probably punch Haneul. But the psychic silently smiles, knowing best that the 6 men could do no harm to him or anyone. Acknowledging their kindness and humane attitude, he knows they will be a great help to the kid.

 

“Which is why I need your help.” Haneul speaks up. “All of you.”

 

“How can we help?” Hanbin inquires as he takes a step forward.

 

“Convince him that there’s nothing to be afraid of in this world, rather than ourselves.”

 

 

 

 

“Chanwoo-ah, do you trust me?”

 

Haneul questions the maknae who’s hiding inside his blanket, again. He has just woken up from a continuous shot of tranquilizer to ease him down. It’s only Haneul and Chanwoo left in the room, the psychic asks for it to be that way. He couldn’t let the younger continue to be like this forever. As much as it’s killing his beloved people watching him suffering, it’s killing Chanwoo too. He’s losing it.

 

“Chanwoo, I can help you. But first, you need to help yourself first.” Gently Haneul coaxes, as if persuading his nieces whenever they are having a bad day with ice cream. Only that this time, not even snowflakes could make Chanwoo crawls out from beneath his little space of sanctuary. Haneul takes notice of the younger listening to him. He is glad that Chanwoo can still be reasoned with. Haneul darts his eyes to the corner of the room, where the windows at. He smiles at the nurse, assuring her that it will be okay. “Chanwoo-ah, let me tell you a secret. Not all of them are bad. There are some who is kind, who just want to talk to us, to let us know that they are here with us carrying no harm. Just a talk.” Haneul starts off, trying to coax Chanwoo. “Like the nurse lady you see every day inside this room, she doesn’t mean harm. She just want to talk to you.”

 

Chanwoo gives no response other than his occasional whimpers and sobs. Haneul could see his plan A doesn’t work. He proceeds to the next plan. “At least, please Chanwoo, just hear her voice first.”

 

“H—How can it b—be?” Chanwoo asks muffling under his blanket. ”T—They are evil! They scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter