TWENTYNINE.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Do join my CROWDFUND? Please~~~ ^^

 

 

The corridor is empty a few hours before dawn would approach, only few nurses would walk along towards the patients’ rooms and to the counter back and forth. None of them are paying any attention to him sitting by the waiting chair but he could feel their eyes studying him carefully. It doesn’t really mind him though, in a matter of time the whole South Korea would know what has happened.

 

Hanbin’s mind is a complete mess as he keeps thinking about what is happening to s. Donghyuk and Yunhyeong haven’t woken up yet and Chanwoo has just been shot with a tranquilizer because of his panic attack minutes ago. Jinhwan is with him and Chanwoo is fast asleep, unaware to all the tears and pains of everybody watching him slowly crumbling down each days.

 

Chanwoo is like back to square one yet again. He would scream, cry and throw tantrums every hour he’s awake. His behavior reminds all of them in the early months of him waking up from coma. The doctors said it’s because of the trauma from assault but all of them know better. The thing is bothering him. He keeps seeing them all the time. Not to mention how weak he is now, it doesn’t need to take the bloody black dressed stupid demon to create chaos in Chanwoo’s mind.

 

How strange is it, it’s just been like a day? 2 days?—Hanbin couldn’t count already despite the small numbers, but Chanwoo is slipping away from everybody faster than a howling wind in December. That scares Hanbin greatly. The fast-paced hours of them being attacked, hospitalized, some having major surgeries and treatment are draining Hanbin so much yet it feels like it has happened a long time ago. Time drags slower in his mind when it’s the opposite.

 

How long will they have to stay here? No words could be given for Yunhyeong and Donghyuk’s cases but Chanwoo needs to get out. Hospital has never been a good place for him because of his eyes. He will only be traumatized more. But his injuries aren’t healed and just this late night the doctor has told his parents they might send his case to a psychologist. They said it’s the best they can do for his deteriorating mental state. But Chanwoo doesn’t need them, or maybe he does. Or maybe they all don’t need all of this from happening yet it does happen.

 

A shift of movement over his right stirs Hanbin away from his train of thoughts. It’s Bobby and he looks like a complete , those swollen eyes and sunken cheeks make him look much older than his initial age. “You can’t sleep?” He addresses Hanbin with a deep hoarse voice. Like he has been crying for hours non-stop. Or maybe he does; Hanbin knows Jiwon hasn’t leave Donghyuk’s room for almost 2 hours ago.

 

He sighs heavily. “How can I with all of this thing happening?”

 

“Has Sajangnim called you?” Bobby asks with much curiosity.

 

Hanbin nods his head. “He did, around 11PM earlier.”

 

“Well, what did he say?”

 

Hanbin’s mouth open up agape, closing before opening again with much effort. “They are trying their best to come up with a better and believable story for the press. The public is getting wary because all of us missed tons of schedules these 3 days.” He sighs again. “And I do believe some people in here are purposefully leaking news about us spending nights here to the social media.”

 

“Well you can’t exactly blame them. Lots of people coming in and out from this hospital. I’m sure some of them are perhaps our fans or people that recognize us.”

 

Hanbin can’t deny maybe Bobby is right. After all, it’s quite impossible for people not recognizing them here—and this is not about popularity. But the fact that this is the same hospital with the same doctors and nurses that once accused YG for mistreating their idols because Chanwoo is sent to this exact place when he’s almost dying months back.

 

All of them make an oath with all their hearts not to let anything bad happens again to the maknae; nor for anyone to end up in here. But look where they are now.

 

“I’m so tired, hyung.” Bobby looks over to the leader who’s saying that. “I’m tired of all this bull and living each minutes with possibility one of them—“

 

“Stop.” Jiwon cuts him off sternly. Anger visible on his face. “Please don’t say things like that. They will be fine. Yunhyeong will pull it through, Donghyukkie will wake up soon and Chanwoo…..” Suddenly he stops and Hanbin turns to see him in the eye. His heart drops as there it is in Bobby’s orbs; the exact same insecurity everyone is wearing when it comes to Chanwoo.

 

“Chanwoo will be alright.” Bobby deadpans with his not-so-much-of-a-confident voice.

 

Hanbin truly wishes that is possible.

 

 

 

Day 4

Just like what YG has promised, the official announcement comes out despite a day late. But all the members know the company is doing their best to protect them since the press are going wild with so many rumors about iKON’s sudden missing from TV shows and radio broadcast—their supposed schedules before all this catastrophe happening.

 

YG releases official announcement with a small press conference attended by few reporters and one of their head managers come out to relay the news. The company announces that apparently the sudden halt of iKON's activity is due to an attacked by a group of ‘saesang’ fans into the group’s dorms late at night 2 days ago. Some of the members are injured while trying to ‘politely’ ushered those enthusiastic fans out. The action has caused multiple injuries to them especially Chanwoo, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk. Since they are all being hospitalized with light injuries—of course YG has to lie too on this, all of iKON's activity will be halted with no specific timeframe until further notice.

 

To say all the remaining members are surprised, well they aren’t. Because 2 hours before YG announces the news, Youngbae has called them by phone telling them about it. He said the decision is made by all the board members and they also know about what is happening to the other 3. Youngbae said they will give full support to Haneul and iKON to find cure for Chanwoo. Hanbin can never be grateful enough for that.

 

“Just take it slow and relax. We are doing our best to help all of you. Don’t worry about the press, they can’t do anything but still be careful.”

 

That’s what Youngbae has said to them before he hung up, giving hope to the boys that maybe the rest of the members can be saved.

 

“Do you think Haneul hyung really can help Chanwoo? He’s the one saying there’s nothing we can do.” June asks one time to all his hyungs, fear on his face while facing each one of them. Jinhwan starts to fidget nervously on his feet, no words to say while Bobby and Hanbin throwing each other glances. It’s the older rapper that calms the younger down eventually. “Haneul hyung said he will try his best so let’s believe in him. Remember, if it’s anyone who brought Chanwoo out from his shell of fears back then it was him. So let’s trust him.” Bobby is saying calmly as possible and thankfully it works to keep June’s hope intact. They can’t have the younger breaking down now, June is barely holding on when his two friends are lying on the hospital bed helplessly.

 

“Did Youngbae tell us that Haneul hyung is up to something?” Hanbin asks the rest, not quite remembering the last conversation with the older singer.

 

“Yeah, seems like he has found something.” Bobby answers him. They all crossing fingers for whatever the psychic will do to help the maknae.

 

 

 

Day 6

Hanbin, Bobby and Chanwoo’s parents struggle to keep the youngest calm when he’s having yet another episode of panic attack. Mr. Jung and Bobby are holding both his arms and legs from kicking wild on the bed; Chanwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter