FOUR.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

He opens his eyes to the sound of an alarm. Chanwoo wonder why would he have a dream back at the hospital. A rustle few meters away from him makes his head turns towards the direction, the bright light from a phone illuminates Yunhyeong’s face from a far. So it’s hyung’s alarm that went off, he said. After getting comfortable from waking up, he sits up. Chanwoo ruffles the back of his head, his morning hair would be terrible and he just knows it.

 

“Oh, you’re awake?” Yunhyeong greets him as he puts his phone down. The older is sitting up too. “Did I awake you? I’m sorry, Chanwoo.”

 

The maknae looks over to Yunhyeong. His eyes intentionally travel to the curtain behind him. He dwells it on himself. Last night before he falls asleep, the curtain is opened. The members must have closed them before they fall asleep too. His eyes then travel to the other members, it’s only Yunhyeong and him that’s awake for now.

 

“What time is it, hyung?” He asks Yunhyeong, eyes still roamed around the room. He doesn’t see anything inside the house.

 

“It’s only 8.” Yunhyeong said. “If you want to sleep, go on. Still early.” And Yunhyeong stands up from his mattress, folding the blanket before heading lazily to the washroom. Probably to take a cold shower. Chanwoo thoughts the same too. It could relax him a bit. He searches for his phone before standing on his legs, yet none of a move he makes. As Chanwoo stands and walks away from the group of sleeping men, his eyes fixated on the curtain. Feeling the nausea creeping up to him, Chanwoo gathers up his courage and heads towards the dark grey curtain. He stretches his hand forward but stops.

 

Chanwoo looks over his shoulder, there’s nothing over there. He couldn’t sink away the feelings of something creeping up his back somehow. He turns his head forward and continues to reach the fabric into his hand. Harshly, he pulls it to the side with a shaky yet firm hand gripping the curtain.

 

Nothing is there. Only the tall buildings and the scenery of Seoul greeting him. He heaves a sigh of relief as the curtain is closed again. He’s afraid he would wake the members up. Chanwoo walks towards the kitchen, heart still racing through his ribcage. He sits on one of the chair and let his head falls onto the counter. For somehow of a reason he feels light headed.

 

He has no idea how long does he stay in that position until someone shakes him awake. “Chanwoo?”

 

He lifts his head up, halting halfway, he tilts his head to the left to get a view of the person shaking him up from his nap. Glad to see human’s feet staying flat on the ground, Chanwoo lifts his head fully to face none other than his Yunhyeong hyung with a small towel draped around his neck and a much half-dried hair. His face is painted with worries. “What are you doing sleeping over here?”

 

Chanwoo takes note of the pace of his heartbeat. No longer fast, and the chest pain is gone. He allows his eyelids to close and enjoy the feel of Yunhyeong’s fingers touching his scalp. It helps easing his anxiety. The older couldn’t help but to let a small smile forms on his face. Chanwoo is acting like a kid nowadays but it’s nothing the members despised. “Yah, are you sleep walking here just because you’re hungry?” He jokes around, attempting to enlighten the younger. Chanwoo snorts hearing his words.

 

“No, hyung. I’m not that starved.” He answers, still refuse to open his eyes. Yunhyeong laughs watching Chanwoo half sleeping inside the kitchen. His touch on Chanwoo’s hair stays unwavering. Yunhyeong wishes for this peaceful and smiling Chanwoo stay forever.

 

 

 

They are told to have another promotion but not before confirming Chanwoo’s condition is suitable for a comeback. Of course, the maknae convinces the staff that he’s fine, including s too. When they are much convinced, they work on the next promotion as hard as they could.

 

Hanbin produces another song called ‘Love Scenario’ and Chanwoo has decided he wants a new start. Of course, he couldn’t stop himself from seeing them whenever he walks out from the dorm; the shaking and the trembles of his knees watching those hideous creatures lurking around the places wouldn’t cease away but he could try his best at that. Just like what Haneul has told him before many times whenever the older comes and visits him during his admittance, “They won’t hurt you, they are powerless.” He wants to believe in that strongly.

 

So far they didn’t do anything to him physically but Chanwoo has to admit seeing them practically everywhere whenever he goes is very frustrating. He wouldn’t stop getting a jump scare but Chanwoo knows how to play it cool. He doesn’t react to them, just like what is taught to him by Haneul.

 

“Whenever you see them, try to not react to them. They love to scare people who react to them.”

 

So he tries his best to keep a poker face whenever he stumbles upon a bunch of hair lying around the floor, or legs hanging from the ceiling, bloody faces standing around whenever he opens the door. Chanwoo bets on all his bravery to not give any reaction, and yes he did it.

 

But he never admits that it would help keeping his heart steady. He feels like he could just die in shock and fear any moment.

 

Yet he endures them, for he has to live. This is his life now.

 

He has no other choice.

 

 

 

 

They are on their way towards their apartment. It’s exactly 10:52 PM and all the members are dead exhausted. The long days that they have faced has never been this tiring. Getting stuck in a traffic jam in the evening, starting the interview late from 6PM until 8PM then straight to another recording for Ask in a Box interview. They are promoting their new song ‘Goodbye Road’ and it takes almost 2 hours to wrap it up. Right afterwards, home is where they are heading.

 

All the boys are beaten up yet only Jinhwan, Yunhyeong and Hanbin sleeping. The others are preoccupied with phones while Chanwoo is l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter